The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have you dated someone way out of your league?

zBucks
As in you don't know how you landed this one. Each girlfriend I had I like to think were beautiful, I still do for the majority of them, but I wouldn't say they were out of my league. I asked this one girl out, who happened to be a cheerleader, but she flat out said no and walked away. lol. She was, imo a 10/10.

What about you though? Ever dated someone who was out of your league? Either it being she/he was better looking than you, or you were better looking than them.

I'm probably uglier than the girls I dated though.spliffstarlaugh

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No, for me a girl can be a dime but if her attitude is blah.. She automatically looks like a 4 to me.
    Looks play about 30% the attitude, nature hygiene, and character is what I look at.
    But no, never out of my league.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is beta male talk. I’d you consider someone out of your league you need to go find your confidence.

If you think she out your league you won’t keep her cuz you’re always going to question why she with you.

Then you going to see her around dudes you think are better than you and it’ll eat you alive and you’ll start acting dysfunctional and drive her way.

Which proves to you that she was out of your league and reinforcing your inferiority. The only person out of my league is the me ima be tomorrow.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is beta male talk. I’d you consider someone out of your league you need to go find your confidence.

If you think she out your league you won’t keep her cuz you’re always going to question why she with you.

Then you going to see her around dudes you think are better than you and it’ll eat you alive and you’ll start acting dysfunctional and drive her way.

Which proves to you that she was out of your league and reinforcing your inferiority. The only person out of my league is the me ima be tomorrow.
    Damn, you didn't hold back... Lol
    No joke I was going to say something similar.
    But didn't want to come off cocky (not saying you did)
    But I agree.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Sugar coating doesn't help anyone.

As in you don't know how you landed this one. Each girlfriend I had I like to think were beautiful, I still do for the majority of them, but I wouldn't say they were out of my league. I asked this one girl out, who happened to be a cheerleader, but she flat out said no and walked away. lol. She was, imo a 10/10.

What about you though? Ever dated someone who was out of your league? Either it being she/he was better looking than you, or you were better looking than them.

I'm probably uglier than the girls I dated though.spliffstarlaugh
    Patrice o' Neal came up with a scale on rating women from 1-30. 1-10 is ugly chicks, 11-20 aight chicks, 21-30 fine chicks. So there are now degrees to how good looking a woman is and how ugly they are. THe way he described it as "fine ass fine chicks, fine ass ugly chicks, and ugly ass fine chicks." His theory was that if you used this scale it gave you the correct amount of swag to approach a woman and not have to gas her up to be better looking than she really was. But a woman is only out of your league if your finances aren't straight. and your game ain't tight.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Patrice o' Neal came up with a scale on rating women from 1-30. 1-10 is ugly chicks, 11-20 aight chicks, 21-30 fine chicks. So there are now degrees to how good looking a woman is and how ugly they are. THe way he described it as "fine ass fine chicks, fine ass ugly chicks, and ugly ass fine chicks." His theory was that if you used this scale it gave you the correct amount of swag to approach a woman and not have to gas her up to be better looking than she really was. But a woman is only out of your league if your finances aren't straight. and your game ain't tight.
    Wow man that’s a dope scale I like that a lot.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yes. Having a partner with way more experience, intellect, resources etc. can be problematic. Especially if you want different things.
    But what if yall working together as a unit and the partner with more experience and resources is going to upgrade you?

Dollene

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    But what if yall working together as a unit and the partner with more experience and resources is going to upgrade you?

Creating an environment that enhances who your partner is fundamentally is great. If you want the same things it can work.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    He was such an a amazing personality, it’s sad that we lost him so soon.

Goldilocks

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I went out with his guy who was a model a few times. I look decent depending on who is looking lol but he was drop dead gorgeous. He was completely use to getting what he wanted because of his looks.

He wanted to smash but I declined. Not interested in causal relationships and, I won't lie, I wanted to humble him. He was shocked...so shock that after I declined the next day he got a fresh shape up and came by to see him looking amazing. I wouldn't let him in the house. We talked outside and he told me this never happened to him before ... I guess I popped that cherry. Lol

He hits me up around once a year. Still not interested. No cheeks from Goldie.

Last edited:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hmmmm…. Not out of my league, but significantly younger. My second wife was 18 yrs younger than me. I recently dated a woman who was 22 yrs younger. Both experiences were educational for me…
    What did you learn…Taht you need to hit the gym more?

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I went out with his guy who was a model a few times. I look decent depending on who is looking lol but he was drop dead gorgeous. He was completely use to getting what he wanted because of his looks.

He wanted to smash but I declined. Not interested in causal relationships and, I won't lie, I wanted to humble him. He was shocked...so shock that after I declined the next day he got a fresh shape up and came by to see him looking amazing. I wouldn't let him in the house. We talked outside and he told me this never happened to him before ... I guess I popped that cherry. Lol

Have you seen "The Harmattan"? That dude has antlers and a hoof. None of his teeth fits inside his mouth.

But he would treat a woman respectful and beat it to death.😂

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't ever think of this. I like who I like and I am attracted to who I am attracted to. It doesn't matter if the majority of people in my life think he is attractive or not. Maybe this is more of a guy thing?
    Nah, when I dated, looks were not everything. I'm a sapiosexual, so by definition, looks take a backseat.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What did you learn…Taht you need to hit the gym more?
    LOL nah, the gym has never been a problem, I've worked out and lifted weights since I was 15. Even with the post cancer effects, I am just a leaner version of myself. It's more foundational. I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and interacting with women who grew up in them 80s and 90s means there are two different worldviews. It can be humorous or tense depending on the issue...

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah, when I dated, looks were not everything. I'm a sapiosexual, so by definition, looks take a backseat.
    Looks have to factor into some degree but a lot of people put the attractiveness of a possible partner in other people's hands. Like will my family think he/she is good enough? Will my friends think he/she is hot enough? and so on. The one dude I dated, after my mother met him she goes "give yourself come credit" LOL

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Looks have to factor into some degree but a lot of people put the attractiveness of a possible partner in other people's hands. Like will my family think he/she is good enough? Will my friends think he/she is hot enough? and so on. The one dude I dated, after my mother met him she goes "give yourself come credit" LOL
    I agree. If you were my sis and you brought The Elephant Man to meet me, I'd pull you to the side and see if you were seeing what I was seeing. I don't care if he treats you right.

laughingblackguy

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree. If you were my sis and you brought The Elephant Man to meet me, I'd pull you to the side and see if you were seeing what I was seeing. I don't care if he treats you right.

laughingblackguy
    I mean looks aren't everything but they are something. I guess we sometimes date below a certain standard in other people's eyes. Like a friend of mine. Her fiance is... Well, he is not a good-looking guy but he treats her right and makes her happy so I am happy for her.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    LOL nah, the gym has never been a problem, I've worked out and lifted weights since I was 15. Even with the post cancer effects, I am just a leaner version of myself. It's more foundational. I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and interacting with women who grew up in them 80s and 90s means there are two different worldviews. It can be humorous or tense depending on the issue...
    Oh snap you’re up there…you marched on edmund pettis bridge huh?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh snap you’re up there…you marched on edmund pettis bridge huh?
    LOL I was born in 1960, raised in Ohio.... I do remember when MLK was killed. We lived in Cincinnati at the time. A lot of rioting. National Guard rolling down the streets in their armored vehicles, curfew at dark... It was scary for an 8 yr old...

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks

Do you believe you humbled him? Sounds like he has placed you in the 50% probability of closing status and is tapping in to see when you fold. He is hoping that one of those texts land in a moment of weakened and you come around. In the meantime he is being a whore.

Goldilocks

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you believe you humbled him? Sounds like he has placed you in the 50% probability of closing status and is tapping in to see when you fold. He is hoping that one of those texts land in a moment of weakened and you come around. In the meantime he is being a whore.
    Yes because he said it never happened before and he put quite a bit of effort afterwards. I'm not saying I destroyed his ego...hardly lol...because I'm sure the next was happy to smash. But did it throw him for a mental loop temporarily? Yes, which is why he put on his best cleaned up and represented himself to me.

He actually went dred head, hippy mode last I spoke with him so I actually think he's off the pretty boy swag. Yes I am sure he is just calling to see if I changed my mine. I was speaking of my initial denial.

FeverPitch

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't believe in "out of my league".
    All kinds of people gravitate towards each other for various reasons.
    I'm just myself in social situations and those who are interested make it known.

I tell both men and women, being a perfect physical specimen has little to do with being in a relationship.
    It may cause more people to be attracted to you initially, but that will not be the bond that makes the relationship succeed.
    So many so-called beautiful people are just as unlucky in love as the rest of us.
    Not to pick on her, but Halle Berry is considered to be universally beautiful and she has aged very well.
    But her beauty could not secure happiness in a relationship.
    When you look around, there are plenty of people who are not top tier aesthetically who are booed up and happy."
    Be the best person you can be and things tend to work out in your favor.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    No, for me a girl can be a dime but if her attitude is blah.. She automatically looks like a 4 to me.
    Looks play about 30% the attitude, nature hygiene, and character is what I look at.
    But no, never out of my league.
    Well said mate, looks is good though, but with wrong attitude even the best looking lady seems unattractive to me. Our communication also, if she is able to keep on an intellectual discussion and she is quite intelligent this would also give her some more points.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well said mate, looks is good though, but with wrong attitude even the best looking lady seems unattractive to me. Our communication also, if she is able to keep on an intellectual discussion and she is quite intelligent this would also give her some more points.
    Yes the communication is important, I hate when you bring up a topic or subject that's pretty common and they look at you like you're talking French. A lot of girls think being educated is the same as being intelligent, it's not.

Goodness

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Will Not Disclose
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Yes, I have dated someone way out of my league. I was in my finals in school and he was in his 1st year even though he ws my senior in age.
    I was the rich-kid student and he was always in want. I was this casual dressing babe and he was drop-dead gorgeousrandodisbelief
    I am the wife and he is my husband.
    We've been married for 12 years and counting