The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Healthcare should be a human right: Free

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
I can't stand that healthcare is still quite expensive if you're making a good living. Healthcare in the US should be universal and a human right at this point and free for everyone, rich or poor. The fact that the elderly pay a lot for healthcare is crazy to me. Medication should be free to every US citizen, especially the elderly.

As long as we work and put money into the US economy, pay our taxes and all the shit we gotta do already, than we should get free healthcare. What do you think?

Dental care should be included as well.

D

Deleted member 191

I can't stand that healthcare is still quite expensive if you're making a good living. Healthcare in the US should be universal and a human right at this point and free for everyone, rich or poor. The fact that the elderly pay a lot for healthcare is crazy to me. Medication should be free to every US citizen, especially the elderly.

As long as we work and put money into the US economy, pay our taxes and all the ish we gotta do already, than we should get free healthcare. What do you think?

Dental care should be included as well.
I think natural and legal american citizens should pay nothing for healthcare. But I think immigrants who are here illegally whether they are working or not, should have to pay. I think green card and or visa holders should pay. Green cards and visas don't make you citizens, it just means you legally have a right to be here and are eligible to apply. And when they do apply for citizenship and BECOME a citizen, THEN they can stop paying for healthcare. I think this should ONLY be a perk of citizens of the country and like you said, this should be regardless of being rich or poor.

Lamont

Sixer
zBucks
Universal Healthcare is one of those situation that exposes the degree to which the USA is a right wing hell hole. Healthcare is required in society and in this nation it is controlled by entities that are driven by profit rather than the greater good of society. We’ve seen death panels, medical bankruptcies, denied claims, etc because a person’s treatment conflicts with shareholder value. We’ve also seen skyrocketing medicine costs, doctors inflating their costs, and etc because the whole system is infected with capitalism.

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
I think natural and legal american citizens should pay nothing for healthcare. But I think immigrants who are here illegally whether they are working or not, should have to pay. I think green card and or visa holders should pay. Green cards and visas don't make you citizens, it just means you legally have a right to be here and are eligible to apply. And when they do apply for citizenship and BECOME a citizen, THEN they can stop paying for healthcare. I think this should ONLY be a perk of citizens of the country and like you said, this should be regardless of being rich or poor.
I agree. If you come in legally, then free healthcare for you when you become a citizen.
I completely agree! The fact that getting hurt or sick can put a strain on the entire family is terrible.
I know. There are so many people who have to quit their jobs and uproot their lives to sometimes care for an elderly parent or relative. It sucks that we have to worry about their health because we don't know if the doctors will do anything for them.
I moved out of the US when it was time to get married and have children. Access to free healthcare was one of our reasons for deciding to leave.
I've thought about moving out of here many times as well. One of these days I may actually do it like you did.
Universal Healthcare is one of those situation that exposes the degree to which the USA is a right wing hell hole. Healthcare is required in society and in this nation it is controlled by entities that are driven by profit rather than the greater good of society. We’ve seen death panels, medical bankruptcies, denied claims, etc because a person’s treatment conflicts with shareholder value. We’ve also seen skyrocketing medicine costs, doctors inflating their costs, and etc because the whole system is infected with capitalism.
It's horrible and I don't see things ever really changing. Drug companies only care to maximize profits, which means the people are forced with large bills if their insurance doesn't cover enough.

All they want to do is make money. I wish people who made medication, made it and released the formula for free. I've heard they are such things as open source medication, where they give out the formula of the drugs they produce so that they can save as many people as possible. I think that's what they called it.

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
It's horrible and I don't see things ever really changing. Drug companies only care to maximize profits, which means the people are forced with large bills if their insurance doesn't cover enough.

All they want to do is make money. I wish people who made medication, made it and released the formula for free. I've heard they are such things as open source medication, where they give out the formula of the drugs they produce so that they can save as many people as possible. I think that's what they called it.
It'll change when the people make it change. When they tell the powers that shouldn't be that they will accept nothing less. Until then, STATUS QUO!