The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Hidden History Museum Or Nightclub

JerriBun

Master Sixer
Super Moderator
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Sir...

martin scorsese gf

Seems like more stuff comes out every couple of weeks or so. At this point, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    We'll see what type of community organizing goes on there in future days of ots more geared for party and Bullshit then I'll give a thumbs down......as far as I've been told by some who went there they are still getting the museum part of the establishment prepared and ready. Either way a place where Black People can meet and network safely is a good thing. ✊🏿

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We'll see what type of community organizing goes on there in future days of ots more geared for party and Bullshit then I'll give a thumbs down......as far as I've been told by some who went there they are still getting the museum part of the establishment prepared and ready. Either way a place where Black People can meet and network safely is a good thing. ✊🏿
    How did they get the "party" part queued up before the "museum" when it was supposed to be a museum from the onset? Too many excuses are being made to justify the bait and switch.

- He didn't buy the building with our money, he went and got a mortgage
    - The building had tenants in it which were going to be in there at least another year
    - When it opened there was White and Hispanic staff
    - No artifacts, just publicly available pictures
    - The two public events at the location were not about education. One was to show his new movie and the second one was stand up comedy.

The priorities are all off and anyone denying it is drinking the kool-aid. There could have been a Maroon exhibit night, a Black inventors night, a Black master teachers night...NONE OF THAT has happened. He's talking about a slam poetry night now. He took our money and didn't do anything he said he was going to do with it.

He got a building too small for a museum, opened a club in his own words and is charging us to go to it. I feel like a dumbass for giving him my money.

ZxBro
    ZxBro
    You can feel how you want but I always ask this question to people who are worried about what another man is doing......because everything you've complained about didn't happen you could have made it happen....why didn't you do it? No excuses as I said if I don't see any community organizing going on after a while I'll look at it differently but if I donate or give someone money it's theirs at that point they can do what they will with it. As for the rest you'll have to ask Tariq the elders endorse him and that's good enough for me.
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    Why would I do it if he said he was? I gave him money because he said he would get it done and he didn’t. Now you are chastising me because I donated to him and he didn’t do what he said he was going to do. The guy took my money under false pretenses and your retort is that I should have built it myself. Come one now.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    There is no way Tariq has gotten most of the exhibits for the museum. It will take time and a lot of money. These things go in phases. Secure the building, and the exhibits are the tough part.
    In the interim, why not promote the site? Seems a good idea. And when you get more stuff, do both.
    if the suggestion is that the museum opens up as is and not be used for anything else, then there can be a legitimate debate if that's the best idea for right now.
    It may well turn out that the place won't be a fully functioning museum and that would be a disappointment and it would be a legitimate criticism for those who donated as well as those who didn't as it represents the larger black community.
    Museums host functions all the time.
    I donated and I'm okay with it, but I wouldn't expect everyone else to be and that's fair.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    There is no way Tariq has gotten most of the exhibits for the museum. It will take time and a lot of money. These things go in phases. Secure the building, and the exhibits are the tough part.
    In the interim, why not promote the site? Seems a good idea. And when you get more stuff, do both.
    if the suggestion is that the museum opens up as is and not be used for anything else, then there can be a legitimate debate if that's the best idea for right now.
    It may well turn out that the place won't be a fully functioning museum and that would be a disappointment and it would be a legitimate criticism for those who donated as well as those who didn't as it represents the larger black community.
    Museums host functions all the time.
    I donated and I'm okay with it, but I wouldn't expect everyone else to be and that's fair.
    You’ve said the same exact thing after every misstep he has made. You have to be honest and admit that you cannot be objective when it comes to Tariq. Admitting it would be extremely genuine and respectable.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    - The building had tenants in it which were going to be in there at least another year
    - The two public events at the location were not about education. One was to show his new movie and the second one was stand up comedy.
    There is a mortgage? Do you have any links to that? I thought he bought it cash, but that was my understanding. If it has a mortgage I'd be disappointed. So, I'd love to see any 'receipts'.
    Second, he hired a security company. The Fruit of Islam would be way too expensive as an ongoing security team. To his credit he hires them for his own personal security when he's out. If there are affordable, all black security in LA, I'd like to see them hired or at least sent to him for consideration. Other than that, companies hire staff, he doesn't.
    I can understand if any one wants a strict list of functions the museum should host. That's fair. One has to ask though is it advisable? Again, as I posted before, white meseums host fundraisers, charity events, etc. They do so to promote their museum. Just asking for a friend....lol...is that an issue? Also, don't these events make a profit (probably)? Wouldn't that then serve as a funding to buy more and better exhibits?

Valid concerns, I guess its up to each person, how serious of a concern it is. I don't think anyone is completely right or wrong in what he's doing with the space currently.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There is a mortgage? Do you have any links to that? I thought he bought it cash, but that was my understanding. If it has a mortgage I'd be disappointed. So, I'd love to see any 'receipts'.
    Second, he hired a security company. The Fruit of Islam would be way too expensive as an ongoing security team. To his credit he hires them for his own personal security when he's out. If there are affordable, all black security in LA, I'd like to see them hired or at least sent to him for consideration. Other than that, companies hire staff, he doesn't.
    I can understand if any one wants a strict list of functions the museum should host. That's fair. One has to ask though is it advisable? Again, as I posted before, white meseums host fundraisers, charity events, etc. They do so to promote their museum. Just asking for a friend....lol...is that an issue? Also, don't these events make a profit (probably)? Wouldn't that then serve as a funding to buy more and better exhibits?

Valid concerns, I guess its up to each person, how serious of a concern it is. I don't think anyone is completely right or wrong in what he's doing with the space currently.
    Here is the receipts I have to do it in two posts.

2DA8B28D-5DB8-4BE5-908B-45CC7657DBC9.jpeg

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Other museum have events but they also have a museum. Right now we have the events and not the museum. You can’t say “other museums are doing it” because right now we don’t have a museum. It’s a building with google images printed out, put in picture frames and hung on the wall. When he actually produces a museum then you will have a point. Right now it’s an art gallery at best.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    My other question would be if Tariq said he bought it cash and didn't? Did he say anything about a loan?
    Either way, I'm against a loan generally, unless it was part of the strategy, but my understanding is it didn't.
    I'm assuming Bey and/or others did some digging. I am going to assume this is confirmed. Not that I'm calling anyone out or anything but I will take it as it is.

Totally not what I donated for. My next question is, has Tariq been presented with this and if so, how did he respond?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My other question would be if Tariq said he bought it cash and didn't? Did he say anything about a loan?
    Either way, I'm against a loan generally, unless it was part of the strategy, but my understanding is it didn't.
    I'm assuming Bey and/or others did some digging. I am going to assume this is confirmed. Not that I'm calling anyone out or anything but I will take it as it is.

Totally not what I donated for. My next question is, has Tariq been presented with this and if so, how did he respond?

No and when he was in a twitter space being confronted about it he started muting the person talking about it and calling them names. So he got 1.3 million from us, got a loan, and still ain’t got artifacts. He may have a smooth 700k left over and used it to throw two parties and get a bunch of pictures printed out at kinkos.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    How did they get the "party" part queued up before the "museum" when it was supposed to be a museum from the onset? Too many excuses are being made to justify the bait and switch.

The priorities are all off and anyone denying it is drinking the kool-aid. There could have been a Maroon exhibit night, a Black inventors night, a Black master teachers night...NONE OF THAT has happened. He's talking about a slam poetry night now. He took our money and didn't do anything he said he was going to do with it.

He got a building too small for a museum, opened a club in his own words and is charging us to go to it. I feel like a dumbass for giving him my money.
    Some of you just don't have the patience to be in business or you don't know how museum's operate on a Grassroots level.....and that's fine you can always ask for your donation back. The question still remains: What are YOU Doing to make some of the things you want to see happen?
    I donate to many people and I haven't complained once. You'll either support or you won't these are your choices but don't throw dirt when it's not happening fast enough for you.....it's a work in progress and only time will tell how it turns out in the meantime I 100% support the venue and the venture and wish Tariq nothing but success. ✊🏿💯

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No and when he was in a twitter space being confronted about it he started muting the person talking about it and calling them names. So he got 1.3 million from us, got a loan, and still ain’t got artifacts. He may have a smooth 700k left over and used it to throw two parties and get a bunch of pictures printed out at kinkos.
    Kinkos!?!mjlol
    you took way back. but i agree.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't get all the attention this is getting. A credible museum was never gonna happen as fast as he did this. It takes YEARS & $$$$$ to open a real museum. Now it's just people trying to get attention off of breh.
    You either fucking with tariq or not at this point.
    what's your definition of "credible"?

T.I.'s trap museum didn't take years and for what it is, I like it.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Some of you just don't have the patience to be in business or you don't know how museum's operate on a Grassroots level.....and that's fine you can always ask for your donation back. The question still remains: What are YOU Doing to make some of the things you want to see happen?
    I donate to many people and I haven't complained once. You'll either support or you won't these are your choices but don't throw dirt when it's not happening fast enough for you.....it's a work in progress and only time will tell how it turns out in the meantime I 100% support the venue and the venture and wish Tariq nothing but success. ✊🏿💯
    You're a sharp guy so it's disappointing to see you resort to ad hominem to make a point. You don't know what my knowledge is or is not when it comes to business. The problem is not that it's not happening fast enough, the problem is that something else is happening completely. We went from two story new construction to 1300 sq ft building overnight with no transparency. I was already skeptical when I saw that but I gave him some grace because I wanted to see what he was able to do with it. All the haters called it a cafe and a night club but I still gave him grace. What does Tariq end up doing? He's ends up proving them right and making a nightclub.

These are all facts and no matter how many times you try to deflect they will remain the facts. You know who really doesn't know about business? YOU! Good business requires transparency and this project has NONE OF THAT. He showed us project plans, we gave him the money, and he delivered something completely different and that's not good business. With Hidden Colors and other DVDs he delivered exactly what he said he would. With the museum he did not.

ZxBro
    ZxBro
    Say what you will it's built and operational again time will tell what it will become the only deflect is you not answering my question which I've asked twice at this point I won't ask again because you've answered by not answering.......have a good day. ✊🏿
    Jay
    Jay
    ZxBro the problem is that didn’t address any of my points you just went to taking a shot at me which is wack. You acted like I was some dumb nigga that don’t understand the master plan. I don’t like having my intellect insulted because I don’t agree. You were wrong for doing that.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't get all the attention this is getting. A credible museum was never gonna happen as fast as he did this. It takes YEARS & $$$$$ to open a real museum. Now it's just people trying to get attention off of breh.
    You either fucking with tariq or not at this point.
    It's getting attention because it is still unfolding.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    History & Trap are two vastly different things. You need actual artifacts and a knowledgeable staff.
    That's not true, I was just at the Hard Rock Cafe and they had artifacts all in their museum. They had a mic that Mariah Carey sang on, a dress Aretha Franklin wore. A Trap Museum could be "THEY HISTORY OF TRAP". You can have a Roland TR-808 in there...Dj Toomp's first ASR-10 and all that.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

There are 6 (The Great Blacks In Wax Museum, The Reginald F. Lewis Museum, The National Museum Of African American History And Culture, The Black History Museum & Cultural Center Of Virginia, Alexandria Black History Museum, & The Anacostia Museum) Black museums in and around the DMV, and Black people still aren't free.​

Los Angeles also has a lot of museums, so what big benefit would Tariq's "musem"/nightclub serve to the Black community? No, it isn't some secret meeting place where we can plan how to overthrow "the man", nor is it some place that is an exclusive mingling spot for Black people (there were hella whites and spicy whites in all of the photos/videos from all of the events at the "museum", and the catering staff at the G.O. was messican, not Black).​

We (I donated, too) got hustled. Even if the HHM does become a legit museum, the only people who will benefit financially are Tariq & Peanut. If it's going to be a club, then Tariq could at least offer those of us who donated a return on our investments.​

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    My question is if any black museum is co-opted. I recall Tariq talking about the Afro American museum in LA, near USC. I visited once many years ago. It was okay, anyway, he talked about a huge mural of a black drag queen that had nothing to with anything. The African American museum in DC at the Smithsonian was donated by black money and its very nice, it got tens of millions of dollars from donors. They are very careful not to upset white daddy too much though. White Republicans were sweating them about not having Clarence Thomas in there. That wouldn't even be a question for any museum by the masses.

This museum is from the soil, no catering to white mommy and daddy because its government property or white owner of property or whatever. Same with TI's. That in of itself is a great start. If nothing else inspires others to do it 'better' next time.

Does the HH museum warrant any criticism? Sure. For me at least and I assume many others, it's 'ours' (the black masses) and we can go from there. Do it better 'next time' if someone else is inspired to do so.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I don't think it's right for us to assume that someone being upset about the progress of the hidden history museum is a sign that they do not not understand business or grassroots organizations. Here's my donations to the HHM:

hhm-contributions.png

You can see how the last two were on the 16th and the 18th because the project was just shy of the goal so I chipped in twice. Some people are genuinely upset because they saw the project going in a different direction and instead of their concerns being addressed they were called names and down talked to. The backlash is due to the sheer lack of respect shown to the Black community throughout the duration of the project. Some Black people love to be whipped and mistreated...others don't. We gave him $1.3M collectively but when we have questions for him now we're all broke raggedy bishes that are hating? Come on now. If the community really tolerates that treatment collectively then it deserves to be exploited.

6ZEROS has donated to the African American Cultural Center of Long Beach which is about 30 minutes from LA and this is their programming for the first quarter of 2023:

junetenth-pzy70imafr7z62oqkd7euvf6tcp5ae2mmx7ck5dekg.jpg

Civil-2-q2xxeafyogwi5o9sh59mgayzl4r247tzujahhss074.jpg

13-1024x1024.png

I've seen the AACCLB stretch $12,000 to put on some really educational exhibits for the community. They had a Black Veterans of WW2 exhibit and they had a lot of great artifacts that you don't get to see. They had uniforms, model airplanes, other regalia, and etc.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't think it's right for us to assume that someone being upset about the progress of the hidden history museum is a sign that they do not not understand business or grassroots organizations. Here's my donations to the HHM:

hhm-contributions.png

You can see how the last two were on the 16th and the 18th because the project was just shy of the goal so I chipped in twice. Some people are genuinely upset because they saw the project going in a different direction and instead of their concerns being addressed they were called names and down talked to. The backlash is due to the sheer lack of respect shown to the Black community throughout the duration of the project. Some Black people love to be whipped and mistreated...others don't. We gave him $1.3M collectively but when we have questions for him now we're all broke raggedy bishes that are hating? Come on now. If the community really tolerates that treatment collectively then it deserves to be exploited.

6ZEROS has donated to the African American Cultural Center of Long Beach which is about 30 minutes from LA and this is their programming for the first quarter of 2023:

junetenth-pzy70imafr7z62oqkd7euvf6tcp5ae2mmx7ck5dekg.jpg

Civil-2-q2xxeafyogwi5o9sh59mgayzl4r247tzujahhss074.jpg

13-1024x1024.png

I've seen the AACCLB stretch $12,000 to put on some really educational exhibits for the community. They had a Black Veterans of WW2 exhibit and they had a lot of great artifacts that you don't get to see. They had uniforms, model airplanes, other regalia, and etc.

That's all well and good Jay I asked a question that has yet to be answered I apologize to Sovereign for hurting his feelings and anyone else who's feelings are hurt over the HHM I'm over it and will continue to Support the success of the HHM as I support the success of this platform and other Black owned projects. B1✊🏿💯

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Someone cued this clip up of Tariq Nasheed calling The Hidden History Museum a Museum/Nightclub. What y'all think about this?

View attachment 7205
    That was probably the ultimate goal from the beginning. Money will always be coming in, whether the museum is open or not.
    I'm wondering if there'll be any additional businesses added onto it? 🤔

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's all well and good Jay I asked a question that has yet to be answered I apologize to Sovereign for hurting his feelings and anyone else who's feelings are hurt over the HHM I'm over it and will continue to Support the success of the HHM as I support the success of this platform and other Black owned projects. B1✊🏿💯
    I don’t think anyone’s feelings are hurt I think the thing we need to ensure as brothers is that we are able to have a conversation about topics that are provocative or insight emotion without resorting to logical fallacies.

The point is that scrutiny of the project is necessary and well deserved at this point. If someone presents a logical critique, the critique should be addresses instead of deflecting and resorting to whataboutism.

All Black leaders and advocates need to be thoroughly scrutinized at all times. If they don’t believe so it’s because they think they are better than you. But how can you work on my behalf if you think you’re better than me? You can’t. That’s why liberals are trash.

ZxBro
    ZxBro
    Not offended at all just over it glad I know everyone's stance on the subject I'll go back to observing the process.
    Reactions: Jay
    ZxBro
    ZxBro
    Where did I take a "shot" at you the question I directed was at Sovereign I actually see what you're building and " dumb nigga" never crossed my mind in any of these exchanges I actually took a step back respectfully.....
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    You said “Some of you just don't have the patience to be in business or you don't know how museum's operate on a Grassroots level.”

Instead of addressing my concerns you decided to take a stab at my knowledge.

Instead of addressing my concerns you wanted to move the conversation away from the project we donated to to what I’m doing in my community.

It may not be intentional but you keep trying to make the l conversation about me rather than about what we are talking about. Tariq asking for our money to develop a museum and building a small lounge.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    ....in addition. I'd definitely want to know more about this mortgage thing. With that being said, I am okay with the present use. It's a new place, just getting foot traffic in there and bringing in a diverse kind of black folks can only be a good thing. But that's me.

Others want it strictly as a museum and educational facility, and that's fair. You aren't going to keep every one happy and it's tough to be completely rigid in the original vision if circumstances change.

Those that donated and aren't happy at all seem to be in a very small minority. Not saying they don't have a legitimate criticism, but if the overwhelming majority are okay with it.

I recall Dr. Clarke commenting on the non-sea worthy ships that Garvey bought. Basically the people he trusted to buy ships, didn't manage the money well but Dr. Clarke said something to the effect, the ships weren't sea worthy but it was a good faith first effort on Garvey's part or something to that effect.

This story (museum) is in its infancy. I'm supportive still. Just to pull of this much, for me, is fantastic. Black people donating that much money, getting a building, if you'd have asked me a few years ago, I'd say, if we couldn't get Dr. Umar the money for his school no way we'd get a museum that wasn't part of the boule` like the Afro American Museum in DC. Just to get this far speaks volumes. I'm going to manage my expectations in lieu of it just coming to fruition. Something that couldn't be done from the grassroots 10 years ago.

I'm hoping it inspires others.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    ....in addition. I'd definitely want to know more about this mortgage thing. With that being said, I am okay with the present use. It's a new place, just getting foot traffic in there and bringing in a diverse kind of black folks can only be a good thing. But that's me.

Others want it strictly as a museum and educational facility, and that's fair. You aren't going to keep every one happy and it's tough to be completely rigid in the original vision if circumstances change.

Those that donated and aren't happy at all seem to be in a very small minority. Not saying they don't have a legitimate criticism, but if the overwhelming majority are okay with it.

I recall Dr. Clarke commenting on the non-sea worthy ships that Garvey bought. Basically the people he trusted to buy ships, didn't manage the money well but Dr. Clarke said something to the effect, the ships weren't sea worthy but it was a good faith first effort on Garvey's part or something to that effect.

This story (museum) is in its infancy. I'm supportive still. Just to pull of this much, for me, is fantastic. Black people donating that much money, getting a building, if you'd have asked me a few years ago, I'd say, if we couldn't get Dr. Umar the money for his school no way we'd get a museum that wasn't part of the boule` like the Afro American Museum in DC. Just to get this far speaks volumes. I'm going to manage my expectations in lieu of it just coming to fruition. Something that couldn't be done from the grassroots 10 years ago.

I'm hoping it inspires others.
    If y’all ever give me a million dollars and I use it to turn 6ZEROS into a dating site with a small Black chat section I hope and pray y’all come at me with pitchforks.

I want y’all knocking on my door like “what happened to the black community tapping into unfiltered conversations nigga”. I don’t want no caping, no nothing. I want y’all to bring the smoke.

JerriBun
    JerriBun
    martin scorsese gf

Won't be using pitchforks, but yea. I agree. :-)
    RCNAL
    RCNAL
    I got no problem with wanting any black person who is in this space in whatever form: influencer, website, school, etc. to be held accountable.
    For me, Tariq's plusses far, far outweigh his faults and without him, right now, would be a major set back. Maybe there are some who could come and fill that void, but if there was, they'd be it. So, for now, its Tariq unless things change dramatically for one reason or another. For others, he's changed too much. I am hoping Jason Black's status and influence rises considerably. And lastly, some of us, who have the talent. I'll support any worth B1 person or project.

Tariq will likely have a crowd funding for the Hip Hip movie, and I have little doubt it will be equally as successful in raising funds as is his prior projects. For the time being, most are happy with his overall work in spite of any criticisms. Those that aren't, you have the right, and you are voicing it and I think its a good thing. He will hear it and it will to a large extent I believe, keep him 'honest'. '

Its seems there are those who think Tariq can do no wrong and those who think he can do no good....lol...seems. Key word.
    Jay
    Jay
    RCNAL he doesn’t GAF.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    You're a sharp guy so it's disappointing to see you resort to ad hominem to make a point. You don't know what my knowledge is or is not when it comes to business. The problem is not that it's not happening fast enough, the problem is that something else is happening completely. We went from two story new construction to 1300 sq ft building overnight with no transparency. I was already skeptical when I saw that but I gave him some grace because I wanted to see what he was able to do with it. All the haters called it a cafe and a night club but I still gave him grace. What does Tariq end up doing? He's ends up proving them right and making a nightclub.

These are all facts and no matter how many times you try to deflect they will remain the facts. You know who really doesn't know about business? YOU! Good business requires transparency and this project has NONE OF THAT. He showed us project plans, we gave him the money, and he delivered something completely different and that's not good business. With Hidden Colors and other DVDs he delivered exactly what he said he would. With the museum he did not.
    Just for context I donated to this one too......museums do this sort of thing at times......

20230331_131805.jpg

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wouldn't use TI's Trap Museum as an example. For what it is, fine but it's disingenuous and a bit of an insult really....lol, Half of us on this site could do that.

it's a valid example. His museum was to simply tell the history of trap from his perspective. I never liked the trap kitchen part tho but i get it. lol. But other exhibits and art pieces he had in there were creatively shown with captions. he worked with other artists to showcase the history of trap music in and he only charged $10-$15.

Tariq has... posters printed from google.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    The Trap museum was used as an example of a museum opening up quickly. We can see why. It's a bad example. A better example is a museum at the same level, no shade to TI.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just for context I donated to this one too......museums do this sort of thing at times......

View attachment 7209
    I never said they didn’t. It makes sense to do throw events to generate cash but the primary operation is a museum.

The Girl Scouts have a huge operation where they teach girls how how camp, start fires, hike, etc but once a years the cookies drop for them to make money.

Right now the hidden history museum is selling the cookies but we are not seeing the camping, hiking, and survival based education.

You’re saying it is to come but I’m saying why did they develop the cookies before the curriculum? Shouldn’t the money have been spent to develop the curriculum first?

ZxBro
    ZxBro
    You build it and the people will come. Your questions should be directed at Tariq not me I simply donated to the project and at this time I'm satisfied with the results.
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    I never directed anything to you. You jumped out the window to defend Tariq on your own.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    History & Trap are two vastly different things. You need actual artifacts and a knowledgeable staff.
    History History Lounge has neither.

And trap music did have actual artifacts. From what I remember, they had classic hiphop magazines, cassettes, props from old videos, TI's original closet of stuff from appearances and videos. 2Chainz pink car from an old album, etc.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Too much emotion in this bitch. Did the nigga do what he said he was gonna do? The answer is “kind of”.

- He got a building
    - he put some educational material in it
    - he opened it

So he kind of did what he said he would but he kind of did not and so both sides have points in this shit. The other side is upset because

- the project is much smaller than what he promised
    - everything in it is stuff you can find on a 30 second search in google
    - there’s no artifacts
    - the indiegogo backer bonus shits haven’t been delivered
    - he took a mortgage out instead of buying the building
    - the two events so far have been entertainment based and not about history
    - too many non-Black staff

Niggas get way too emotional about Tariq and can’t keep it a buck about shit he does.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

B
    B1 rebel 365
    😱😱😱
    That's absolutely shocking and disgraceful -ultimate betrayal!

I recall his arch enemy Mechee X predicting he'd scam the community regarding the museum. I had my suspicions but was prepared to give him a chance. More people will start to see that they are being played as gullible and support will dwindle -just like what happened to Umar Johnson.

Huge disappointment
    D

Deleted member 1946

So this museum is tax free?
    Good question. I just looked it up. "This historic project is presented by Melanoid Nation Foundation, which is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Los Angeles.."

B
    B1 rebel 365
    Insurance premiums would be astronomical and would explain why there weren't any prestigious artefacts on display. They'd have to be sourced and bought outright and or on loan from another museum on top of insurance premiums. Was always curious about the budget for artefacts. This stuff is not cheap. May also be why he chose to diversify for multiple income streams.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Too much emotion in this bitch. Did the nigga do what he said he was gonna do? The answer is “kind of”.

- He got a building
    - he put some educational material in it
    - he opened it

So he kind of did what he said he would but he kind of did not and so both sides have points in this shit. The other side is upset because

- the project is much smaller than what he promised
    - everything in it is stuff you can find on a 30 second search in google
    - there’s no artifacts
    - the indiegogo backer bonus shits haven’t been delivered
    - he took a mortgage out instead of buying the building
    - the two events so far have been entertainment based and not about history
    - too many non-Black staff

Niggas get way too emotional about Tariq and can’t keep it a buck about shit he does.
    That's because people are afraid of the backlash associated with speaking "negatively" about Tariq Nasheed. People understand that he will either make a cartoon about you if you disagree or find your public records and embarrass you that way. It's a power dynamic, a control mechanism and a punishment. The power dynamic is the fact that Tariq understands that if another person makes him look weak in the eyes of the community it will lessen his power and influence. This controls the fans to stay in line. The punishment is obvious, public ridicule. He's a business man at the end of the day but your point is valid. No one is above the needs of the collective.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    History History Lounge has neither.

And trap music did have actual artifacts. From what I remember, they had classic hiphop magazines, cassettes, props from old videos, TI's original closet of stuff from appearances and videos. 2Chainz pink car from an old album, etc.
    Hidden History Lounge...
    Cracking Up Lol GIF

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That was probably the ultimate goal from the beginning. Money will always be coming in, whether the museum is open or not.
    I'm wondering if there'll be any additional businesses added onto it? 🤔
    The only way to add on to the existing structure is to build vertically but is the building strong enough to support such a thing. I don't think so. It's part of his real-estate portfolio and there's no telling what he's going to do with it. He'll hold it for as long as people are playing to show up then after that he'll most likely sell it.

B
    B1 rebel 365
    Sounds like a calculated investment to pass on generational wealth to his children -I doubt he'll redistribute any proceeds of sale to those that made capital contribution to get the project off the ground.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's because people are afraid of the backlash associated with speaking "negatively" about Tariq Nasheed. People understand that he will either make a cartoon about you if you disagree or find your public records and embarrass you that way. It's a power dynamic, a control mechanism and a punishment. The power dynamic is the fact that Tariq understands that if another person makes him look weak in the eyes of the community it will lessen his power and influence. This controls the fans to stay in line. The punishment is obvious, public ridicule. He's a business man at the end of the day but your point is valid. No one is above the needs of the collective.
    Fax. Which makes me think if these people won’t even call out small things like this will they really have the guts to go after White Supremacy? Things that make you go hmmm….

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I'm not surprised that this ended up being a bait n switch, (or at least appears to be on its face) but I am surprised he would mess up his reputation like this. I'm not ready to say we definitely got hustled (I donated 50 bucks during the first wave of donations), but I will say the optics alone look pretty janky. This is definitely the last Tariq funded project I'm throwing in on. I've passed on the last coupla movies, and I barely even check in on his broadcasts anymore. I won't call the man a grifter (YET), but his paperwork does need to be reexamined.

B
    B1 rebel 365
    Agree with everything you penned. I sussed his MO from day one. I've never purchased any of his stuff. I stopped listening to him over a year ago. Sad thing is, I think he'd have gotten full support if he wasn't disingenuous. His behind the scene kumbaya dealings affected my support.
    I predict that his next money making venture will be another unctuous 'black' conference this summer with non blacks in attendance or as ushers aswell.