The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Holy days (Hebrew Israelites)

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, I weened myself off the pork. But I feel you, it's almost at the point, nothing is safe to eat anymore. I truly believe food is the biggest killer of us all. If you ever tasted vegetables straight from the garden compared to what you buy in the store.. big difference!

now, when you were on this plant-based diet, are you talking about eating faux chicken wings, faux burgers, and other veggies that looked like meat? lol. or a more traditional veggie diet?
    I stopped eating abomination all together. I remember we (Mom, big bro and I) use to eat pork chops and some ham years ago. We don’t miss it at all. I can still eat the clean meats, but I cut out most of the red meat. Food is definitely not the same anymore, according to what I was told. My mother talks about how my great grandparents had their own garden. They grew fruits and vegetables. I’d rather eat from a garden, but we don’t live in a house yet. But when we do we will grow our own food. We go to local markets for produce and the farmers market when they come around (May-October). I started growing some stuff in the apartment but it didn’t work out. My avocado plant died. My lettuce died. I have to get focused again. I have a lot going on where I couldn’t pay attention. I believe it will all work out. I had farmers on both sides of my family. I bet they didn’t have trouble eating. As a people we need to get back to our roots.

Food is so expensive, especially if you want non gmo, kosher, organic, natural (seeded) vegetables and fruits. Then I am trying to cut food from my diet that aren’t dr Sebi approved. But if it’s the only thing I have like corn and collard greens and stuff I will eat it for survival. I will not convert back to unclean foods.

I had stopped eating meat for like two weeks but caught stupid 19. I was eating chicken noodle soup the whole time I was sick. I had tofu in the past, but heard soy isn’t good. I eat mostly soy free. I do not trust eating beyond burgers. I eat the one kind of the field roast sausages that are made from plants. I was eating oyster mushrooms and portobello. Chickpeas are good too. I was eating the alwaysbean (Black owned) navy bean burgers. They are good, but I messed up in January when I ate one before putting in freezer. I got food poisoning from that because I was greedy. I do have navy bean balls that I will safe for monday. I eat pasta (regular non gmo and plant based) with the pasta sauce I like. I don’t care for chickpea pasta, but I’ll eat it if I have to. I like the safe meat alternatives. I really like oyster mushrooms because they are good and meaty. I have fried and sautéed them. But they are hard to buy. They are sold at Wegmans and Sprouts. Wegmans are bigger, sprouts and medium-small. Sorry for this long message.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hello 6zeros family. How many on this website are Hebrew Israelite? I found out I was an Israelite five years ago, but I haven’t grown accustomed to the various holy days except for Passover. I will be celebrating in April with family. What do you all do for the Passover and other holy days? By the way, Happy New Year!!! 🎊
    I just got back from a palm 🌴 Sunday service to mark the beginning of the passion of Christ.

Sadly my grandfather's burial ceremony is coming up next week as well.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just got back from a palm 🌴 Sunday service to mark the beginning of the passion of Christ.

Sadly my grandfather's burial ceremony is coming up next week as well.
    I’m so sorry for your loss 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

jasonrest

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sounds good! Don’t forget the coco bread 😂😂 I was trying to convert to a plant based diet but went right made to meat. After while it seems like we won’t be able to eat anything. But I know I could probably go without meat. I like Turkey, chicken, and certain fish. I stopped eating pork 5-6 years ago.

if the taste keeps calling you back, try resetting your palette. Your palette is "reprogrammable" with something like a potato diet for about 3 days. Its not as bad as it sounds. and toward the end of it, your body kind of resets and ready to be reprogrammed.
    and in most cases, the dieter will naturally desire whole foods.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    if the taste keeps calling you back, try resetting your palette. Your palette is "reprogrammable" with something like a potato diet for about 3 days. Its not as bad as it sounds. and toward the end of it, your body kind of resets and ready to be reprogrammed.
    and in most cases, the dieter will naturally desire whole foods.
    Hey which potatoes? Red? White? Sweet potatoes? I love all. I heard they aren’t natural, which confuses me. I cannot let go of any potato. I can eat potatoes a lot, but not sure about eating that only for 3 days. I don’t have a trouble with not eating me. I just had a slip up when I got sick. But I will eat what I have to when things get rough (excluding abomination).

jasonrest

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey which potatoes? Red? White? Sweet potatoes? I love all. I heard they aren’t natural, which confuses me. I cannot let go of any potato. I can eat potatoes a lot, but not sure about eating that only for 3 days. I don’t have a trouble with not eating me. I just had a slip up when I got sick. But I will eat what I have to when things get rough (excluding abomination).
    i didn't put too much thought into it. I believe it was white potatoes.
    although its white its not refined like other white foods.
    white rice etc. i try to reset once a month for a couple of days.

Ive also heard some wild things when trying to follow Dr. Sebi's diet, potatoes and broccoli aren't natural etc. i dont doubt the man but in this age, we can do a lot worse than broccoli. so I stopped obsessing over whats alkaline and whats not. as long as it grows out of the ground im down. (freestyle off top)
    no animals.
    no oils
    no processed.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I stopped eating abomination all together. I remember we (Mom, big bro and I) use to eat pork chops and some ham years ago. We don’t miss it at all. I can still eat the clean meats, but I cut out most of the red meat. Food is definitely not the same anymore, according to what I was told. My mother talks about how my great grandparents had their own garden. They grew fruits and vegetables. I’d rather eat from a garden, but we don’t live in a house yet. But when we do we will grow our own food. We go to local markets for produce and the farmers market when they come around (May-October). I started growing some stuff in the apartment but it didn’t work out. My avocado plant died. My lettuce died. I have to get focused again. I have a lot going on where I couldn’t pay attention. I believe it will all work out. I had farmers on both sides of my family. I bet they didn’t have trouble eating. As a people we need to get back to our roots.

Food is so expensive, especially if you want non gmo, kosher, organic, natural (seeded) vegetables and fruits. Then I am trying to cut food from my diet that aren’t dr Sebi approved. But if it’s the only thing I have like corn and collard greens and stuff I will eat it for survival. I will not convert back to unclean foods.

I had stopped eating meat for like two weeks but caught stupid 19. I was eating chicken noodle soup the whole time I was sick. I had tofu in the past, but heard soy isn’t good. I eat mostly soy free. I do not trust eating beyond burgers. I eat the one kind of the field roast sausages that are made from plants. I was eating oyster mushrooms and portobello. Chickpeas are good too. I was eating the alwaysbean (Black owned) navy bean burgers. They are good, but I messed up in January when I ate one before putting in freezer. I got food poisoning from that because I was greedy. I do have navy bean balls that I will safe for monday. I eat pasta (regular non gmo and plant based) with the pasta sauce I like. I don’t care for chickpea pasta, but I’ll eat it if I have to. I like the safe meat alternatives. I really like oyster mushrooms because they are good and meaty. I have fried and sautéed them. But they are hard to buy. They are sold at Wegmans and Sprouts. Wegmans are bigger, sprouts and medium-small. Sorry for this long message.
    food is really expensive. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but I do like chickpeas. Never had navy bean burgers, but I do like black bean burgers. I haven't had one in a long time tho. All the foods I love is damn near full of carbs. lol. I been cutting back on a lot of it. I try to just indulge on the weekends. but it's still a challenge for me. pastas, breads, cookies, love it all!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Thank you very much. It's more like a celebration of life because he aged well. He died at the age of 94 years.
    He was murdered at the age of 94. He would've shut the medical & pharmaceutical industries down with his plant based cures!
    He was arrested, jailed & the lie is that he died from Pneumonia. When have you EVER saw Dr. Sebi ill? A little tired maybe, but NEVER ill! 💯 ✊🏽🙏🏽🖤🤴🏾🖤🙏🏽✊🏽

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Thank you very much. It's more like a celebration of life because he aged well. He died at the age of 94 years.
    You're so welcome. I feel you on that one. 94 years is a long time. My great grandmother passed away in January and she lived 90 years.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    food is really expensive. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but I do like chickpeas. Never had navy bean burgers, but I do like black bean burgers. I haven't had one in a long time tho. All the foods I love is damn near full of carbs. lol. I been cutting back on a lot of it. I try to just indulge on the weekends. but it's still a challenge for me. pastas, breads, cookies, love it all!
    I understand. Chickpeas are good. I ate them before. I tried to roast them in the oven, and they didn't come out right. It took me hours to make a veggie gyro. 😩 I made tzatziki sauce too, which was the hardest to make. I love pasta, breads, and deserts too. I always have a sweet tooth. You can still keep eating those foods. Veggie pasta and chickpea pasta. I like veggie better. Spelt flour bread, rye, 100% whole wheat. I like Dave's killer bread, Ezekiel 4:9 bread is okay but I don't care for it as much as others. For cookies I am not sure, but I use to eat the ones from Mom's that are vegan. Stay away from cookies like oreos and chips ahoy. I use to buy Tate's cookies. Barnum's animal crackers. I pretty much love all desserts except red velvet cake. I would need to try it again from somewhere else. I also really love donuts, and would eat DD or Krispy kreme in the past. Months ago I found out about a Black owned donut shop in Baltimore, MD named Cloudy donuts. Their donuts are vegan and are the best I've ever had. I haven't been there in a while. They are only open on the weekends. We usually go on a sunday and get a box of donuts, less than a dozen. We cannot wait until we get home so we indulge in the car on the way home. 😂😂 Another Black owned dessert is Dodah's Kitchen vegan cakes. I have had those before and buy from Mom's if I ever go there.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You're so welcome. I feel you on that one. 94 years is a long time. My great grandmother passed away in January and she lived 90 years.
    Thanks for trying to add a little comfort no matter how small it to me in this situation, you're really a nice soul and good things will never be far from you.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Thanks for trying to add a little comfort no matter how small it to me in this situation, you're really a nice soul and good things will never be far from you.
    No problem at all, Devin. I wish you all the best. Thank you so much for your kind words. 🙏🏾

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I understand. Chickpeas are good. I ate them before. I tried to roast them in the oven, and they didn't come out right. It took me hours to make a veggie gyro. 😩 I made tzatziki sauce too, which was the hardest to make. I love pasta, breads, and deserts too. I always have a sweet tooth. You can still keep eating those foods. Veggie pasta and chickpea pasta. I like veggie better. Spelt flour bread, rye, 100% whole wheat. I like Dave's killer bread, Ezekiel 4:9 bread is okay but I don't care for it as much as others. For cookies I am not sure, but I use to eat the ones from Mom's that are vegan. Stay away from cookies like oreos and chips ahoy. I use to buy Tate's cookies. Barnum's animal crackers. I pretty much love all desserts except red velvet cake. I would need to try it again from somewhere else. I also really love donuts, and would eat DD or Krispy kreme in the past. Months ago I found out about a Black owned donut shop in Baltimore, MD named Cloudy donuts. Their donuts are vegan and are the best I've ever had. I haven't been there in a while. They are only open on the weekends. We usually go on a sunday and get a box of donuts, less than a dozen. We cannot wait until we get home so we indulge in the car on the way home. 😂😂 Another Black owned dessert is Dodah's Kitchen vegan cakes. I have had those before and buy from Mom's if I ever go there.
    you don't like red velvet!?!? I am appalled. lol

I am convinced Kripsy Kreme uses crack instead of sugar in their donuts. It took a while but I did break away from Oreos.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

I am convinced Kripsy Kreme uses crack instead of sugar in their donuts. It took a while but I did break away from Oreos.

say something lol GIF by Shalita Grant

Oh….you all are talking about food.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

😂😂😂 Let me explain. I had red velvet cheesecake before from the Cheesecake Factory, and last time I ate it the satisfaction was very low. I was disappointed because that was my favorite cheesecake. Then, I ate regular red velvet cake from a Jamaican carry out and it tasted off. So I no longer deal with Red Velvet. I love other cakes and cupcakes, chocolate, coconut, yellow cake, strawberry shortcake, butter cream. I love pies (sweet potato & apple), peach cobbler, bread pudding, banana pudding, cookies, donuts, I love ice cream. As for Krispy Kreme, they are definitely putting other stuff in their products. There are so many harmful additives put in the food and deserts. They need to stop. I am glad you stopped eating Oreos. I ate them in the past too. I eliminated a lot of bad things from my diet. I still have a long way to go. Whenever you want something sweet and don’t want to eat desert, fruit is your best option. I love red apples (honey crisp, gala, fuji), seeded red globe grapes, seeded watermelon, cherries, cantaloupe, and honeydew. I know it’s hard to find seeded fruits and vegetables nowadays. Sprouts organic food market sells some of the seeded as well as a lot of the seedless. I hate seedless produce. People buy up seeded fruits. I remember trying to find the watermelon the end of last summer. My mother drove to a nearby market which was selling the seedless. We were so upset. But we know next time not to go to certain places. I finally found a BOB get some items I need like key limes (hopefully they are seeded) and burro bananas. 👏🏾

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    😂😂😂 Let me explain. I had red velvet cheesecake before from the Cheesecake Factory, and last time I ate it the satisfaction was very low. I was disappointed because that was my favorite cheesecake. Then, I ate regular red velvet cake from a Jamaican carry out and it tasted off. So I no longer deal with Red Velvet. I love other cakes and cupcakes, chocolate, coconut, yellow cake, strawberry shortcake, butter cream. I love pies (sweet potato & apple), peach cobbler, bread pudding, banana pudding, cookies, donuts, I love ice cream. As for Krispy Kreme, they are definitely putting other stuff in their products. There are so many harmful additives put in the food and deserts. They need to stop. I am glad you stopped eating Oreos. I ate them in the past too. I eliminated a lot of bad things from my diet. I still have a long way to go. Whenever you want something sweet and don’t want to eat desert, fruit is your best option. I love red apples (honey crisp, gala, fuji), seeded red globe grapes, seeded watermelon, cherries, cantaloupe, and honeydew. I know it’s hard to find seeded fruits and vegetables nowadays. Sprouts organic food market sells some of the seeded as well as a lot of the seedless. I hate seedless produce. People buy up seeded fruits. I remember trying to find the watermelon the end of last summer. My mother drove to a nearby market which was selling the seedless. We were so upset. But we know next time not to go to certain places. I finally found a BOB get some items I need like key limes (hopefully they are seeded) and burro bananas. 👏🏾
    red velvet cheesecake sounds damn good right about now. lol. yeah, i need to reup on some fruit. I just finished up some honeydew last night. I need to make more effort to pick up fruit when I'm at the farmer's market. my biggest setback I think now is snacks. And I'm getting better than that too. Making popcorn instead of greasy chips, nuts, etc.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    red velvet cheesecake sounds damn good right about now. lol. yeah, i need to reup on some fruit. I just finished up some honeydew last night. I need to make more effort to pick up fruit when I'm at the farmer's market. my biggest setback I think now is snacks. And I'm getting better than that too. Making popcorn instead of greasy chips, nuts, etc.
    You can have the red velvet cheesecake. Last time I had it from the Cheesecake Factory it didn’t taste the same, unfortunately. I was extremely disappointed because that was my favorite. I’ve ventured to the other deserts. I also love pound cake. I’m craving that and vegan donuts. Those cloudy donuts are so delicious.
    I need to get some fresh fruit before the week ends. Where I reside, the farmers market comes in May and ends in October. In 2020, it was extended to December. I go there to buy some produce and support BOB’s. The farmers are mayo, sadly. We need more black farmers in the US. I go there for certain items. I shop at some of the Black owned businesses. One of them is for skin and hair care. They sell body oils, sugar scrubs, and hair products. I need to use up the remaining oils I have before April ends.

The other shops I patronize are the chef on wheels and jewelry-clothing-accessories. The main ones I go to are farmers, chef, and hair/skin care. The farmers don’t sell everything, so I have to go to a local produce market since they sell most of what I consume.

I buy snacks from other stores. I eat ones that are vegan, they are sweet potato puffs. My mother snacks on skinny pop popcorn. I never made my own popcorn. Do you do it the old fashioned way on the stovetop?

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You can have the red velvet cheesecake. Last time I had it from the Cheesecake Factory it didn’t taste the same, unfortunately. I was extremely disappointed because that was my favorite. I’ve ventured to the other deserts. I also love pound cake. I’m craving that and vegan donuts. Those cloudy donuts are so delicious.
    I need to get some fresh fruit before the week ends. Where I reside, the farmers market comes in May and ends in October. In 2020, it was extended to December. I go there to buy some produce and support BOB’s. The farmers are mayo, sadly. We need more black farmers in the US. I go there for certain items. I shop at some of the Black owned businesses. One of them is for skin and hair care. They sell body oils, sugar scrubs, and hair products. I need to use up the remaining oils I have before April ends.

The other shops I patronize are the chef on wheels and jewelry-clothing-accessories. The main ones I go to are farmers, chef, and hair/skin care. The farmers don’t sell everything, so I have to go to a local produce market since they sell most of what I consume.

I buy snacks from other stores. I eat ones that are vegan, they are sweet potato puffs. My mother snacks on skinny pop popcorn. I never made my own popcorn. Do you do it the old fashioned way on the stovetop?
    good ole microwave popcorn. lol. Fast and easy so I can get back to work. It's soooo hard for black farmers to survive. It's sad. I do use black soaps and shea butter and buy from black vendors when I can. I like it much better than the regular stuff in the store.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    good ole microwave popcorn. lol. Fast and easy so I can get back to work. It's soooo hard for black farmers to survive. It's sad. I do use black soaps and shea butter and buy from black vendors when I can. I like it much better than the regular stuff in the store.
    I cut out the microwave popcorn years ago it’s too greasy for me. It’s the movie theater one I ate growing up. I don’t eat much popcorn anymore. If I do it’s the skinny pop. Less calories and non gmo. I eat other snacks like fruit and pretzels. Trying to cut out cheese but it’s hard. I like Gouda every now and then if I go to Mom’s organic.

It’s hard for black farmers to survive because of the disadvantages . I remember signing a petition demanding Biden to release millions of dollars for them. That clown would rather send money to other countries such as Ukraine.

I use the same products. I have enough African shea butter to last me through the spring and summer. I use other body butter/lotion that are Black owned. I like the natural soap from Herb’n eden. There are located in Douglasville, Georgia if you ever want to check them out. When I don’t get soap from them I’ll depend on the buy black movement, necessities company, or my local farmers market. Two vendors there sell natural soap. There’s a lady who sells and other natural products like deodorant. She’s out there alone or sometimes with her son. We always buy from her bc her products are very good. 5 soaps for $20 ain’t bad. I still have soap from the other vendor and hair/body oil. My mother has body scrubs to use up too. We have to use up every we have left until next month.

I don’t buy much from the stores unless they are natural. I found out Target carries Play pits which is a natural deodorant from a BOB. So if I don’t feel like ordering I can go there. I don’t spend a lot of money at Walmart/Target, but I will for the Black owned products I found.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    shea butter to last me through the spring and summer. I use other body butter/lotion that are Black owned. I like the natural soap from Herb’n eden. There are located in Douglasville, Georgia if you ever want to check them out. When I don’t get soap from them I’ll depend on the buy black movement,
    I used to use the SheaMoisture products but after they sold to unilever I cut them off. I need to find some good alternatives. That Black face soap has my face looking 5 years younger.

Chava_Israel

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    Hello 6zeros family. How many on this website are Hebrew Israelite? I found out I was an Israelite five years ago, but I haven’t grown accustomed to the various holy days except for Passover. I will be celebrating in April with family. What do you all do for the Passover and other holy days? By the way, Happy New Year!!! 🎊
    This was my first time celebrating the passover. I made a few mistakes. I'll do better next year if this world is still in existence. I'm learning how to celebrate TMH's holy days. I didnt really go hard for the pagan days but I will go hard for the days we are supposed to celebrate.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This was my first time celebrating the passover. I made a few mistakes. I'll do better next year if this world is still in existence. I'm learning how to celebrate TMH's holy days. I didnt really go hard for the pagan days but I will go hard for the days we are supposed to celebrate.
    shabbat shalom! we're all still learning. Passover, Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits are back-to-back holy days. But only unleavened bread first and last day are shabbats. Next up after that is Feast of Weeks/Pentecost. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That’s great. I didn’t celebrate passover this year. I think I’ll be more prepared next time. It’s hard acknowledging the holy days. I need to do better. I don’t miss celebrating those pagans like Christmas. We really need to celebrate our holy days.