Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

House Party Remake Trailer

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I thought they would have had some ties to the original like now its Kid n Play's children having a house party.
Same theme as the original and I guess okay so far from the trailer. I am not tripping on the language and ratchetness, its a black comedy, and that's what we do.

I just hope they don't pigeon whole any rainbow ish in any scenes or swirling. That's the two things they do with black characters these days.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I thought they would have had some ties to the original like now its Kid n Play's children having a house party.
    Same theme as the original and I guess okay so far from the trailer. I am not tripping on the language and ratchetness, its a black comedy, and that's what we do.

I just hope they don't pigeon whole any rainbow ish in any scenes or swirling. That's the two things they do with black characters these days.
    The only connection it has is a kid and play cameo. Other than that it’s it’s own story.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not a remake. Looks like they just using the name.

Will watch on HBO max or whatever it's called when Discovery gets done with it.
    I was going to say the exact same thing. This is Belly 2 with Jacob Latimore.
    It looks like it might be a fun movie; but other than the name and the dance scene, it doesn't feel like a House Party movie.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What is an appropriate name?
    Party in a House

Let It Go Reaction GIF

zBucks
    Had no idea they were making a new House Party movie. So it's not a remake, but a reboot in a way? If they have cameo's from the original movie, that to me, makes it more of a reboot. Which I hope that's the case.

As for the trailer, I'm not feeling it. It looked decent at points, but idk if it's something I'd be too into. Looks like it'll have a ton of cameos from actors and other stars. Wonder how that will turn out.