The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How Black Underworld Got Taken Over

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Spoiler alert if you watch Fargo the tv series.

I just finished binge watching Fargo the tv series and I enjoyed it a lot. Season 4 starred Chris Rock as a 1950 black gangster in Kansas CIty. Yeah, I know....Chris Rock, huh? A huge departure for him and it was hard to get the image of Pookie from New Jack City out of my mind. That said, at the end SPOILER ALERT, the Italian mafia in KC after a war against the Italian mafia and a war Chris Rock's character thought he won, the new mafia head basically took half his shyt and said bow down. How? Chris could kill him he said but he's fighting a national coalition of Italians. Chicago, NY, Philly, etc, are all part of the same team and they will just send 'wave after wave' if you kill one of them.

We can say whatever about the old numbers runners, heroin dealers, etc being bad for the community but its better to have the devil you know than be run by the devil you don't know. I've read many accounts of how the mafia took over numbers in Harlem, and Chicago among other places. As if there was nothing we could do and I disagree vehemently.

The mafia could take over these black rackets because black people were off code. The black racketeers all did some good within the community. It may not justify the damage but a whole lot of them did a lot of good. There is a guy named Pee Wee Kirkland, Harlem heroin legend, who was called the Bank of Harlem because you could go to him if you were in dire straights. If a mother and her kids were being evicted from their jewish run apartment, he gave them the money. If someone was in the hospital and couldn't pay the bills, he gave them the money. All of them did that because they were from that community.

The black numbers were the most lucrative of any community. It made more money that any. In fact, a few of them owned some of the Negro League baseball teams, they were that rich. The mafia killed off the black gangsters and brought in their own black front person. However, that would never work if the black masses refused to buy from them. Everyone knew the mafia took over. It would never work if the people said no. But they did. So, you might say they had no choice, right? They did. Let me give a reason. While the Italian mafia was at its height in NYC, Chinatown had their own rackets. Chinatown had the same numbers rackets, opium, loan sharks, etc. They made millions. Why didn't the Italian mafia take them over? They couldn't. The Chinese weren't ever going to do business with anyone who wasn't Chinese. The Chinese operated in cities where the mafia was, NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and were not messed with and it wasn't because they were tougher. Again, the mafia knew that no one in Chinatown was gong to take a loan, buy a number or drugs from anyone but another Chinaman.

Same with the Russian mob. The Chinese, Russians and others only f*ck with you on business when they want and its mutual partnership. Our problem was we didn't do that.

In Chicago, there were different numbers rackets. The mob was picking them off one by one. One of the brothers who was most about that life told the other brothers, lets band together and fight them as one. Chi town folks will know about a neighborhood called Bronzeville. The others were seeing it as 'his problem' and not theirs and it was too little too late at the end. The mob took over a business that was buying buildings, funding students, etc, in our own community. The mob had a commission and worked things out, we fought each other and would not work together.

Did you know that there were different Negro baseball leagues? People think there were one. No there were a few different leagues. Instead of banning together and making the MLB have to include us before they get a Jackie Robinson and other, we actually let them have them free in order to have blacks play. We had all the cards. We had the best talent. The white boys who had the ABA got included in the NBA because they acted as a unit. If the Negro leagues first got together as one, eventually in the mid to late 60s when baseball was expanding we'd have a few black owned teams included in cities the MLB didn't have a team such as Kansas CIty and Atlanta and Minneapolis. At one time the Pittsburgh negro team had more people at their games than the Pittsburgh Pirates.

It's why I hope the internal beef stops. We are on our way but we'd be much better along if Dr. Umar and Tariq/TBA weren't beefing. Or Bey and Tariq or whomever. I believe we'll still get to our goals but it will be slower with the beefs.

D

Deleted member 1946

Spoiler alert if you watch Fargo the tv series.

I just finished binge watching Fargo the tv series and I enjoyed it a lot. Season 4 starred Chris Rock as a 1950 black gangster in Kansas CIty. Yeah, I know....Chris Rock, huh? A huge departure for him and it was hard to get the image of Pookie from New Jack City out of my mind. That said, at the end SPOILER ALERT, the Italian mafia in KC after a war against the Italian mafia and a war Chris Rock's character thought he won, the new mafia head basically took half his shyt and said bow down. How? Chris could kill him he said but he's fighting a national coalition of Italians. Chicago, NY, Philly, etc, are all part of the same team and they will just send 'wave after wave' if you kill one of them.

We can say whatever about the old numbers runners, heroin dealers, etc being bad for the community but its better to have the devil you know than be run by the devil you don't know. I've read many accounts of how the mafia took over numbers in Harlem, and Chicago among other places. As if there was nothing we could do and I disagree vehemently.

The mafia could take over these black rackets because black people were off code. The black racketeers all did some good within the community. It may not justify the damage but a whole lot of them did a lot of good. There is a guy named Pee Wee Kirkland, Harlem heroin legend, who was called the Bank of Harlem because you could go to him if you were in dire straights. If a mother and her kids were being evicted from their jewish run apartment, he gave them the money. If someone was in the hospital and couldn't pay the bills, he gave them the money. All of them did that because they were from that community.

The black numbers were the most lucrative of any community. It made more money that any. In fact, a few of them owned some of the Negro League baseball teams, they were that rich. The mafia killed off the black gangsters and brought in their own black front person. However, that would never work if the black masses refused to buy from them. Everyone knew the mafia took over. It would never work if the people said no. But they did. So, you might say they had no choice, right? They did. Let me give a reason. While the Italian mafia was at its height in NYC, Chinatown had their own rackets. Chinatown had the same numbers rackets, opium, loan sharks, etc. They made millions. Why didn't the Italian mafia take them over? They couldn't. The Chinese weren't ever going to do business with anyone who wasn't Chinese. The Chinese operated in cities where the mafia was, NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and were not messed with and it wasn't because they were tougher. Again, the mafia knew that no one in Chinatown was gong to take a loan, buy a number or drugs from anyone but another Chinaman.

Same with the Russian mob. The Chinese, Russians and others only f*ck with you on business when they want and its mutual partnership. Our problem was we didn't do that.

In Chicago, there were different numbers rackets. The mob was picking them off one by one. One of the brothers who was most about that life told the other brothers, lets band together and fight them as one. Chi town folks will know about a neighborhood called Bronzeville. The others were seeing it as 'his problem' and not theirs and it was too little too late at the end. The mob took over a business that was buying buildings, funding students, etc, in our own community. The mob had a commission and worked things out, we fought each other and would not work together.

Did you know that there were different Negro baseball leagues? People think there were one. No there were a few different leagues. Instead of banning together and making the MLB have to include us before they get a Jackie Robinson and other, we actually let them have them free in order to have blacks play. We had all the cards. We had the best talent. The white boys who had the ABA got included in the NBA because they acted as a unit. If the Negro leagues first got together as one, eventually in the mid to late 60s when baseball was expanding we'd have a few black owned teams included in cities the MLB didn't have a team such as Kansas CIty and Atlanta and Minneapolis. At one time the Pittsburgh negro team had more people at their games than the Pittsburgh Pirates.

It's why I hope the internal beef stops. We are on our way but we'd be much better along if Dr. Umar and Tariq/TBA weren't beefing. Or Bey and Tariq or whomever. I believe we'll still get to our goals but it will be slower with the beefs.
I agreed with everything you have said here. There is something that irritates me overall about our people. Why is it enough of us cannot stay on code without selling out somebody else? How come we cannot cause division amongst other groups? For example, we could use some of their people to divide them. Of course, when we start making progress, we should not flaunt and show off our our success. We should enjoy it and quietly use some of it to gain a bigger advantage while placing protective mechanisms in place to ensure we don't get sabotaged. I know you didn't mention this, but do you think that maybe a non-disclosure agreement could be added so we can stay on code? It is used in business to make folks shut up. Once again, you gave an excellent and lengthy post that was fully true.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
No matter the lineage, and I believe just who we are in our melanin or whatever, but we LOVE TO SHOW OUR ASS. A lot of these white Euro players from places like Slovakia, etc, grew up poor so we can't use the I was poor and now I get to shine thing. These Euros ain't out there flossin'.

Hip hop was built on showing your ass. In that form its fun, creative, etc, but dudes start tryna live it and spent their money on things that didn't appreciate in value. Eminem grew up poor AF but you didn't see him flaunt his money either and he's worth 250 million. A few got smart early. Ice Cube comes to mind. You didn't hear about him wearing thick ass gold chains, Rolls Royce cars, on MTV cribs back in the day. He married early and to a good solid woman, wasn't out in the streets, transitioned to movies, etc, made a mint and kept it G and pro Black. He's worth minimum 160 million. I think more.

But okay, floss, still work together. The fact we haven't got a completely black owned, up and down vertically, black record label and movie studio the same size and power as any of the major white ones says it all.

D

Deleted member 1946

No matter the lineage, and I believe just who we are in our melanin or whatever, but we LOVE TO SHOW OUR ASS. A lot of these white Euro players from places like Slovakia, etc, grew up poor so we can't use the I was poor and now I get to shine thing. These Euros ain't out there flossin'.

Hip hop was built on showing your ass. In that form its fun, creative, etc, but dudes start tryna live it and spent their money on things that didn't appreciate in value. Eminem grew up poor AF but you didn't see him flaunt his money either and he's worth 250 million. A few got smart early. Ice Cube comes to mind. You didn't hear about him wearing thick ass gold chains, Rolls Royce cars, on MTV cribs back in the day. He married early and to a good solid woman, wasn't out in the streets, transitioned to movies, etc, made a mint and kept it G and pro Black. He's worth minimum 160 million. I think more.

But okay, floss, still work together. The fact we haven't got a completely black owned, up and down vertically, black record label and movie studio the same size and power as any of the major white ones says it all.
You are right. I have learned not to floss. If people don't know what I have, then they cannot attack me. The same thing applies to others. I think we will get a Black record label and movie studio that are big. More and more of our folks want it. We just gotta get it done and put protective mechanisms to protect the person or people who are doing it. To me, anything that Tyler Perry does will not count because I have long considered Tyler Perry a Black man who is intentionally helping the powers that be (even if his work becomes as big as theirs). Just my opinion.

I have nothing but respect from Ice Cube. I wish him even more success because Ice Cube actually did many things the right way as you mentioned. As I am starting to progress in society, I do not buy the material things that society says I should buy (like what you said above regarding the gold chains, Rolls Royces, etc). This causes me to be happier.

I wonder should we get up and build our own system albeit on a small scale. It seems like in other groups, they have systems built that help them to keep their power. Within the system are things that warn them that their power is being threatened with the use of spies, controlled opposition, allies, think tanks, intelligence/counter intelligence agency, etc. The Italian Mafia definitely had their own system with the 5 families concept that controlled each of NYC's boroughs with the Commission. I have watched almost every Italian Mafia TV show or movie out there since I so fascinated with the concept of power.

Unfortunately, most of our folks don't truly want power due to being scared, not wanting it, not knowing how it works, not understanding the importance of it, etc. I wonder could we explore something comparable since we need to have control over all the important things in society so we don't have to rely on outsiders. 6zeros is already in the mix with a B1 social media platform as a communication tool. We cannot go based on whether something is Black owned, since there are selfish Black folks out there and sellouts, but it must be B1 and not controlled by outsiders. I do see progress with our people each and every day which is encouraging to see.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    There's a difference between a blood Oath and word is bond when your whole family can be wiped out because of your actions.....it comes down to holding our own and outsiders accountable on an unspeakable level.....most of us aren't prepared to go that far. Penalties have to be enforced for off code behavior.

D

Deleted member 1946

There's a difference between a blood Oath and word is bond when your whole family can be wiped out because of your actions.....it comes down to holding our own and outsiders accountable on an unspeakable level.....most of us aren't prepared to go that far. Penalties have to be enforced for off code behavior.
    One of the things I have noticed is that most people who have become extremely successful in society... I'm talking about the top level people. They are almost always under a blood oath or some other kind of secretive agreement through either being in an ultra secret society group or through non-disclosure written agreements they have with other pertinent parties.

Don't we have to have some kind of mechanism (or mechanisms) in place to get people to be and stay on code? I saw a talk Umar Johnson said and he was correct... As of right now, we don't have ways of hurting Black people who sell us out and get off code. One of the things he said was that we don't employ our people at a sufficient rate to enforce a code.