The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How do I lower Blood Pressure?

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Try to eat more alkaline foods. The high blood pressure is likely a response to something happening in the body. In general, any type of "dis-ease" is caused by inflammation, another bodily response. Diseases can't thrive in alkaline environments. They do thrive in acidic environments.

Is there anything you are doing or eating that can make for an acidic environment? Stress is a big one for our ppl especially our ppl (all this racism and anti-black aggression, if takes a toll) ..

Take a look at what you are eating. Not caping for #vegetarianism too much, but all this animal product , they already have stress in them (from being killed, is called uric acid) ... If you do eat, cut down some please ...

Take a break from eating, if you can ... Try to fast for a day or more .. We are overtax or body by eating so much ... The book eat to live (haven't read it), espouses eating one meal a day for that same reason, I suppose ...

Eating raw foods (lightly cooked is good as well) ... Eat some raw collards, if you can stand it :)

You first should start with the cause, then move to the cure ...

To give an case study, someone else I know was diagnosed with nigh blood pressure. After eating one of my meals (I cooked semi-raw collard greens), she went back. They asked her what was she doing bc her pressure was down (of course, she was taking her meds, but if needs didn't do or before, my thinking is that it was something else)

Yeah, your body can heal itself, it just needs help. Your job, is to find the help of needs ...

Check here for some Raw food recipes .. the #hebrewisraelites have the soul food , raw food game on lock ...

Last edited:

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Yeah Bro, stay out of this corrupt medical system as much as possible ... Is all about money, not doling out cures smh ..

They would cut off their money source if they do that ...

Not to mention care given to Blacks is not necessarily the same care given to whites ... They feel we are expendable, gonna go back to bad habits anyway, they can experiment (they do if all the time, all Africa) , etc ... Suggest life altering surgeries , that can be fatal to us at a faster rate than sites ...

.. Another one of my peeves ...

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How do I lower my blood pressure? Has anyone ever dealt with this? I eat fairly healthy; I am working on changing my diet up and doing more cardio. Does any one have any tips or blood pressure myths for Black people?
    I think you need to go to the Dr because you’re too young to be having high blood pressure.

Paid1nFull

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think you need to go to the Dr because you’re too young to be having high blood pressure.
    For sure, might have been too dramatic in the post. It fluctuates between 120 and 130s depending on if I check in the morning or night.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    How do I lower my blood pressure? Has anyone ever dealt with this? I eat fairly healthy; I am working on changing my diet up and doing more cardio. Does any one have any tips or blood pressure myths for Black people?
    One or several of the household common spices can help— such as Cumin, Ginger, Turmeric, Curry. I’m not positive which helps specifically, but a lot of those do.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    When it came to lowering my blood pressure, I decided to cut carbs and eat a low calorie diet. It worked for me. If you're already eating healthy and workout often, I don't see why your blood pressure would be up there. What were your readings from the last blood pressure test you did?

Sodium is also notorious for causing high blood pressure, cutting out things high in sodium will help a ton if you happen to eat anything high in sodium.

But if you're doing all of that, and your blood pressure is still high, I would check with your doctor about setting you up on some kind of meal plan/schedule to help with the blood pressure.

D

Deleted member 191

Are you sure your readings are ACTUALLY high? My blood pressure fluctuates too, but I know what my normal reading ranges are. So when my doctor tries to give me some cock and bull story about high blood pressure, I clap back. Those numbers are general rules of thumb not some hard coded law. Your systolic number (the upper value) with a value of 120-140 ranges from Ideal to High Normal. A value of 105 and below should be monitored (Hypotension) and a value of 141 and above should be monitored(Hypertension). Your diastolic number (the lower value) from 80-90 ranges from about Ideal to High Normal. anything at 60ish or lower should be looked at and monitored and anything at 91 or above should be looked at and monitored.

My dad is a retired medical professional and he uses this bloodpressure website when he takes his readings (he only does 2-3 per day). He sent it to me and my siblings and I use it pretty frequently. Personally, I only take my blood pressure 3 days a week (M, W, S) once in the morning and once at night.

I'll provide the link to the site here:

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your health!
    Love and light to you.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Try to eat more alkaline foods. The high blood pressure is likely a response to something happening in the body. In general, any type of "dis-ease" is caused by inflammation, another bodily response. Diseases can't thrive in alkaline environments. They do thrive in acidic environments.

Is there anything you are doing or eating that can make for an acidic environment? Stress is a big one for our ppl especially our ppl (all this racism and anti-black aggression, if takes a toll) ..

Take a look at what you are eating. Not caping for #vegetarianism too much, but all this animal product , they already have stress in them (from being killed, is called uric acid) ... If you do eat, cut down some please ...

Take a break from eating, if you can ... Try to fast for a day or more .. We are overtax or body by eating so much ... The book eat to live (haven't read it), espouses eating one meal a day for that same reason, I suppose ...

Eating raw foods (lightly cooked is good as well) ... Eat some raw collards, if you can stand it :)

You first should start with the cause, then move to the cure ...

To give an case study, someone else I know was diagnosed with nigh blood pressure. After eating one of my meals (I cooked semi-raw collard greens), she went back. They asked her what was she doing bc her pressure was down (of course, she was taking her meds, but if needs didn't do or before, my thinking is that it was something else)

Yeah, your body can heal itself, it just needs help. Your job, is to find the help of needs ...

Check here for some Raw food recipes .. the #hebrewisraelites have the soul food , raw food game on lock ...

Chocolate lowers blood pressure. Not with all the sugar though. Sugar actually increases blood pressure.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    buy blend apple cider vinegar 3 teaspoon in a 500ml water drink it now and then or twice a week.

quit/minimize your sugar intake* salt *cooking oil,alcohol ,fast food, stress,toxic people

recommendations.
    healthy exercise walking,cycling,swinging,sex(intercourse) soccer(moderate)tennis,steam bath etc

anything that you put in your mouth must be coming out of your kitchen cooked by you your health is your responsibility.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Dandelion Tea:
    Dandelion tea and juice help people with diabetes by stimulating the production of insulin from the pancreas and keeping blood sugar levels low. If our pancreas doesn't produce proper amounts of insulin, or if our cells can't properly process insulin, it results in diabetes.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As a nurse you have to look at factors that you can change.
    1. Diet - avoid high sodium foods. Generally this is processed foods. Microwave meals, Ramen noodles, chips, beef jerky, pork skins, can foods, fast food sunflower seeds, salted peanuts. Keep you sodium intake low

2. Exercise - Cardio is great. However even weight lifting with a low to moderate weight with lots of reps is good as well. The key is to get you heart rate up and keep it there for a sustained period. Keep your breaks between reps short. 1 minute or less.

3. Stress - This is changeable to a point. Try not to stress over small things. Things that are stressing you they can be removed do so. There are going always be those stressors that are just there that you can't get rid of. But don't allow stress that isn't necessary to linger.

4. Avoid excess alcohol. 1 or 2 drinks every other day should be the max. No more than 3 in a single sitting and that should be once a month or less.

5. If obese start a process to lose weight. Exercise regularly. Lower your calorie intake consistently for an extended period of time.

6. Avoid Tobacco use. This is a no brainier. There is nothing good about smoking. In addition to your blood pressure it puts you at risk of every kind of cancer. Not just lung cancer or throat cancer.

The factors you can't change are age, genetics and your sex. Males are higher risk. If you have a family history then that's just that. You can't choose your lineage. Getting older is part of life.

However you can choose to act on factors 1 - 6. Those can be the difference of a high blood pressure and one within range!

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    They posted the range and it's not high, but if it was the last thing I would recommend is a dr appt.. All a dr. will do is prescribe meds.. Most do not encourage lifestyle changes, unless it's a supplement to medication.. They push medication the most..

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The range you posted is not high.. I saw a lot of good advice on this thread however the most important remedy is stress management.. How you circumvent your body's natural reaction to stress which is a fight or flight mode will do wonders for your bp.. There is some stress that black people in general can not manage or control.. We have anxiety in certain situations like not other group and you know why.. Sleep plays a big part in stress management but it's the most overlooked element.. Proper sleep keeps your hormones in alignment that affects most of your reactions.. The things that cause you stress, that you can control, eliminate them.. Start your days properly rested and with a calm state of mind.. Meditation, journaling, high vibration music, yoga, etc..

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's not high..
    Current AHA recommendations are 130 or less systolic and 80 or less diastolic.
    Some physicians still go on the older standard which is less than 140 systolic and less than 90 diastolic.

If you are in the 120s and 130s then you are generally okay. Diastolic if you are in the mid 80s then that's generally okay too.
    You just need to monitor it and if you notice certain things makes it go up then try to cut those things out or lessen them.