The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

I......Don't......Care.

SmileyO

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Reaction Lol GIF by MOODMAN

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Historically, America will adopt any immigrant group's holiday if it involves food and definitely alcohol. Or they will turn it into food and drinking. St. Patrick's day is actually a fairly solemn day in Ireland. The Irish turnt up in America for it years ago as a flex. Same with Cinco de Mayo. I was told by Mexican friends once its bigger in California than it is in Mexico.

England adopted Halloween from us. The big surprise is that Germans are one of the biggest immigrant groups in American history but Oktoberfest is not big in America which is a bit of a head scratcher.

Anyway, office parties is where I 'celebrate' most holidays. I've gone to Halloween parties if its going to be lit. I take the holidays on a case by case basis. The exceptions are Columbus day, which I refuse to observe. And I'll gladly accept the 4th of July as a paid holiday but I'll be damned if I'm going to some parade waving a flag. I don't do the 'Never forget' thingy on social media for 911 or December 7th either.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Historically, America will adopt any immigrant group's holiday if it involves food and definitely alcohol. Or they will turn it into food and drinking. St. Patrick's day is actually a fairly solemn day in Ireland. The Irish turnt up in America for it years ago as a flex. Same with Cinco de Mayo. I was told by Mexican friends once its bigger in California than it is in Mexico.

England adopted Halloween from us. The big surprise is that Germans are one of the biggest immigrant groups in American history but Oktoberfest is not big in America which is a bit of a head scratcher.

Anyway, office parties is where I 'celebrate' most holidays. I've gone to Halloween parties if its going to be lit. I take the holidays on a case by case basis. The exceptions are Columbus day, which I refuse to observe. And I'll gladly accept the 4th of July as a paid holiday but I'll be damned if I'm going to some parade waving a flag. I don't do the 'Never forget' thingy on social media for 911 or December 7th either.
All Pagan holidays are mostly about MONEY, your money!