Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

I Purchased the Apple Watch Ultra

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My Thoughts
    • Beautiful bright screen that’s flat
    • Larger but lightweight
    • Action button is super cool
    But in the end it’s still and Apple Watch. If you don’t have a need for the action button I feel like there’s no reason to upgrade. I went from Series 6 to the Ultra and so far it’s been underwhelming. It’s tight AF but since the software is the same my experience is exactly the same.

My Parting Thoughts
    Keep yo money.

image.jpg

1BlackDorian

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My Thoughts
    • Beautiful bright screen that’s flat
    • Larger but lightweight
    • Action button is super cool
    But in the end it’s still and Apple Watch. If you don’t have a need for the action button I feel like there’s no reason to upgrade. I went from Series 6 to the Ultra and so far it’s been underwhelming. It’s tight AF but since the software is the same my experience is exactly the same.

My Parting Thoughts
    Keep yo money.

View attachment 5208
    Does it feel like it looks goofy? Like, have you been in a situation where you didn’t feel it looked good/fashionable on your arm

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Does it feel like it looks goofy? Like, have you been in a situation where you didn’t feel it looked good/fashionable on your arm
    Nah it looks dope AF. Big screen, bright, sleek design…but a goody dude will make anything look goofy.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have no use for a smart watch. I considered getting one but then I thought, for what? I have a phone. I don't do anything where I would not have access to my phone. I feel like this is a very niche market.
    It's just like having a watch with more features. If someone sees the utility in being able to look at your wrist for the time they will find some value in a smart watch. It tracks my calories burned in my workout, makes it easy to read text, I can start my car up from my watch. I like it a lot. But to each their own.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's just like having a watch with more features. If someone sees the utility in being able to look at your wrist for the time they will find some value in a smart watch. It tracks my calories burned in my workout, makes it easy to read text, I can start my car up from my watch. I like it a lot. But to each their own.
    I guess it has its uses. I just never been into watches, probably why I never saw the point. I think those fitness devices are more useful but I guess higher end smart watches can do all that now anyways, right?

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

That's been my issue with a lot of new tech these days, the experience hasn't changed. Like with smartphones, it's so lazy to just slap on a better camera and call it innovation.

1BlackDorian

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I guess it has its uses. I just never been into watches, probably why I never saw the point. I think those fitness devices are more useful but I guess higher end smart watches can do all that now anyways, right?
    Like you said, it has its uses. If I forget my phone at home, I can still send texts or make calls if I need to. I can also control stuff on my phone from the watch like music, volume, directions from maps. Simple stuff, but helpful when you need it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's been my issue with a lot of new tech these days, the experience hasn't changed. Like with smartphones, it's so lazy to just slap on a better camera and call it innovation.
    Dude you nailed it. They’re like “this year we added a 5 jiggahertz core lithium modulator to give you 10x the efficiency for the ultimate experience”. Then you get it and it’s the same UI, same apps, the transitions are just slightly faster. I feel like Apple could have done more with the UI since the screen is so much larger but it’s easier to just slap the same software on the device and call it a day.
    Like you said, it has its uses. If I forget my phone at home, I can still send texts or make calls if I need to. I can also control stuff on my phone from the watch like music, volume, directions from maps. Simple stuff, but helpful when you need it.
    It’s so useful that I can’t see myself wearing a luxury watch anymore. No Breitlings on my arm unless I’m going backpacking for a week.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I got some cheep ass Xiaomi Mi Band for like $30 a year back, haha. It's cheap, but tells the time and I could also change the background, and connect for messaging and calls via my phone. It's definitely no Apple Watch or even what Android offers, but I wasn't going to use it for much aside from a watch and maybe to keep track of the amount of steps I've taken, and my heart rate, etc. It's not really all that accurate though, so I mostly wear it for checking the time.