The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

If you could go back and play professional sports, would you?

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I grew up wanting to play basketball, but I gradually grew out of it. I just wasn't in to it as much, especially because all I could focus on was girls and hanging out with friends and gaming. But looking back, I regret it. I remember enjoying the brief time I played basketball, the team atmosphere, the roadtrips to opposing schools, and so on. If I could go back and play, I think I would have stuck with it and attempted to even go professional.

If I had the opportunity to go back, I think I'd try my best to go pro in the NBA. Or maybe go back to try football, but I didn't like how bad it was for my body. With basketball it's not so impactful to your body, but football is just so damn rough. My first concussion I was done.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I only played once but without doubt it would be golf for a few reasons of which:
1. It's the only sport where you are better at 45 than you are at 25.
2. It's far easier on the body than any other major sport.
3. The endorsements and other ways to make money (clothing lines, course design, etc) is way more than any other sport.
4. It's an entry way to the 1% money. With very few exceptions, world leaders and the 1% play golf.
5. You don't even have to win too much. If you stay top 5 or 10 you can still make an incredible amount of money.
6.. Being good at it would piss white folks off big time. It's one of the few things they got left.

If you are best in golf at a fairly young age (under 25), you can make a billion faster than the other sports just off the sport. Invest it and you can be a boss.

D

Deleted member 1475

I remember my dad trying to get me into football from young, I hated the sport in P.E but it was only way later that I realised how much money these players were making. I might get into watching and playing football more or I might try something else, I remember being good at tennis but them venues are filled with white supremacists, of course, football is too but tennis takes it to a whole different level.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I remember my dad trying to get me into football from young, I hated the sport in P.E but it was only way later that I realised how much money these players were making. I might get into watching and playing football more or I might try something else, I remember being good at tennis but them venues are filled with white supremacists, of course, football is too but tennis takes it to a whole different level.
Okay, soccer-football, not American football? I realized that only from seeing where you are from?

What club would you like to play for? What position? Side question. It seems like it rains every single game. I mean like...damn.

D

Deleted member 1475

Okay, soccer-football, not American football? I realized that only from seeing where you are from?

What club would you like to play for? What position? Side question. It seems like it rains every single game. I mean like...damn.
No, not American Football, we already have a sport called rugby which is similar. I'd like to play for Manchester United, they're one of the most successful teams in English football and have really high earnings too. I'd like to play as a defender since it's more relaxed and simple to manage (confrontation on the field is not my thing) it's also the position that I'm most familiar with since P.E and I can play decent, even though it doesn't require as much skill and only requires focus, it's still an important and effective role to play.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
I grew up playing baseball, always dreamed of coaching, but now I know too much to ever go back into that environment. Too many hicks and rednecks. I remember getting into it with the white boys on my teams for cracking "back of the bus" jokes and the older Black players on the squad just laughing along wih the white boys, and I remember having a huge argument on a road trip to a game for Mahmoud Abdul Rauf when the NBA was getting him out the paint, and we ended up getting blasted by the other team. I quit the team pretty soon afterwards. I enjoyed playing, and would've loved doing it as a job, but the only way I'd end up in coaching is if my son started playing, or if I found a Negro league to play in. I wasn't talented enough to offset my political views playing in "their" leagues. I was a really good role player at best.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I grew up playing baseball, always dreamed of coaching, but now I know too much to ever go back into that environment. Too many hicks and rednecks. I remember getting into it with the white boys on my teams for cracking "back of the bus" jokes and the older Black players on the squad just laughing along wih the white boys, and I remember having a huge argument on a road trip to a game for Mahmoud Abdul Rauf when the NBA was getting him out the paint, and we ended up getting blasted by the other team. I quit the team pretty soon afterwards. I enjoyed playing, and would've loved doing it as a job, but the only way I'd end up in coaching is if my son started playing, or if I found a Negro league to play in. I wasn't talented enough to offset my political views playing in "their" leagues. I was a really good role player at best.
No, but I'd teach or coach. My children played outside. They weren't caught up with video games 24/7. I taught them how to skate, ride bikes, play volleyball, tennis, badminton, kickball, soccer, swim, climb, etc.

tony.arzu

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

I never play pro sports, I play for the softball league for the Police Athletics League in the Bronx, New York from 1993-1997 and wasn’t that good but my teams won 2 championship in 1995, 1997 and I played infleilder and outfielder. If I was good I will like to turn pro and play for my favorite team the New York Mets or if I can turn by time, play in the Negro League Baseball!!!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
No, not American Football, we already have a sport called rugby which is similar. I'd like to play for Manchester United, they're one of the most successful teams in English football and have really high earnings too. I'd like to play as a defender since it's more relaxed and simple to manage (confrontation on the field is not my thing) it's also the position that I'm most familiar with since P.E and I can play decent, even though it doesn't require as much skill and only requires focus, it's still an important and effective role to play.
lol..I'm very familiar with Man Utd. They aren't having a good season. Cristiano messing up the dressing room vibe is one of their multiple problems. Anyway, that's a good position. You can play a longer time as an outfield player as a central defender than pretty much any position other than GK.

BrAz3n$0ul

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I grew up wanting to play basketball, but I gradually grew out of it. I just wasn't in to it as much, especially because all I could focus on was girls and hanging out with friends and gaming. But looking back, I regret it. I remember enjoying the brief time I played basketball, the team atmosphere, the roadtrips to opposing schools, and so on. If I could go back and play, I think I would have stuck with it and attempted to even go professional.

If I had the opportunity to go back, I think I'd try my best to go pro in the NBA. Or maybe go back to try football, but I didn't like how bad it was for my body. With basketball it's not so impactful to your body, but football is just so damn rough. My first concussion I was done.
OMFG! YOU BITCH NIGGAS ARE CRYING ABOUT PLAYING ON THE PLANTATION! EAT A BAG OF JEWISH DICKS AND DIE. I'll wait for the moderators to scold me for my harsh language for you fucking sell out bastards! WE'RE AT WAR!!! FUCK PLAYING SPORTS!

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
OMFG! YOU BITCH NIGGAS ARE CRYING ABOUT PLAYING ON THE PLANTATION! EAT A BAG OF JEWISH DICKS AND DIE. I'll wait for the moderators to scold me for my harsh language for you fucking sell out bastards! WE'RE AT WAR!!! FUCK PLAYING SPORTS!
ummmmmm agent much,lil "brutha"?

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
AGENT, MUTHAFUCKA? YOU THE DUMB MUTHAFUCKA ON 6ZEROS TALKING SPORTS YOU FUCKING IDIOT! FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THE FUCK I'M SAYING! KILL YO'SELF BITCH NIGGA!
SOEskeptical You seem a lil suspect bro. This striking me as some agent energy. This got that "get yo hands out my pocket" kinda vibes....just saying

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
SOEskeptical You seem a lil suspect bro. This striking me as some agent energy. This got that "get yo hands out my pocket" kinda vibes....just saying
why would you come on here disrespecting other Black people by using that kind of language? how is that on code? you talk to whyte folks at your job like that?

BrAz3n$0ul

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
why would you come on here disrespecting other Black people by using that kind of language? how is that on code? you talk to whyte folks at your job like that?
you know what? God I wish I could. But I got a family to feed. This is why I'm here because I can't speak my mind. I can't punch you in the fucking mouth if I was in your face. I'm literally fucking shackled. I'm a slave and I hate it! So yes I'm going to cuss you niggas out on here! yep! you gotdamn right

BrAz3n$0ul

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
you know what? God I wish I could. But I got a family to feed. This is why I'm here because I can't speak my mind. I can't punch you in the fucking mouth if I was in your face. I'm literally fucking shackled. I'm a slave and I hate it! So yes I'm going to cuss you niggas out on here! yep! you gotdamn right
asshole

BrAz3n$0ul

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
And one more thing asshole. I got pulled over the other night and I had to use my white voice because I was afraid. Yes I was fucking afraid and I did that cowardly shit in front of my son. I feel like my nuts got cut off right in front of him. I'm angry. I'm enraged every fuckng day! But you seem to be rather calm and collected. Well that's not me. I need a place where I can vent. I'm tired. I'm weary. I'm fed up. I'm at the end of it.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
And one more thing asshole. I got pulled over the other night and I had to use my white voice because I was afraid. Yes I was fucking afraid and I did that cowardly shit in front of my son. I feel like my nuts got cut off right in front of him. I'm angry. I'm enraged every fuckng day! But you seem to be rather calm and collected. Well that's not me. I need a place where I can vent. I'm tired. I'm weary. I'm fed up. I'm at the end of it.
brutha that rage is misdirected. Brother Neely Fuller says that sometimes we just gotta limit our contact with others---even Blacks. Everyone who ahs to deal with the dominant society has to eat a lil shit and it does accumulate to a point to where we can't eat anymore. I apologize if i came off as flippant, but I try to avoid all that tough talk on the internet, it usually doesn't end well, and I certainly would not come on the web and say what I plan to do or want to do. Getting emotional won't get you free though. We have to be strategic as a collective or we will perish. I go hardbody every single day, but there is a reason for all these forums. I'd have a stroke if i thought about WS and how to fight it EVERY second of my life. A Ni$$a gotta blow off some steam every now and again. Sounds like you need to take a day off from Dad and work duty and decompress. Just my observation

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

AGENT, MUTHAFUCKA? YOU THE DUMB MUTHAFUCKA ON 6ZEROS TALKING SPORTS YOU FUCKING IDIOT! FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THE FUCK I'M SAYING! KILL YO'SELF BITCH NIGGA!

gotdamn it. I'm about to get banned. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brother you are going to have to relax. You have to remember that this is not Twitter, you’re talking to Black people who care about our future that’s why they are here. If they want to play games or watch sports that’s on them as long as they are on code.

Often times we inundate ourselves with our struggle and it makes us angry and gives us tunnel vision. We need to be able to stay focused on our mission but take time to enjoy the world as well.

You will not be warned or banned right now brotha but this energy cannot continue here. You are around family and in a safe space and you have to behave as such.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Brother you are going to have to relax. You have to remember that this is not Twitter, you’re talking to Black people who care about our future that’s why they are here. If they want to play games or watch sports that’s on them as long as they are on code.

Often times we inundate ourselves with our struggle and it makes us angry and gives us tunnel vision. We need to be able to stay focused on our mission but take time to enjoy the world as well.

You will not be warned or banned right now brotha but this energy cannot continue here. You are around family and in a safe space and you have to behave as such.
    Just catching up on things. Glad I kept reading. I was about to take him out...

SOEskeptical
    blackwomancoffee

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just catching up on things. Glad I kept reading. I was about to take him out...

SOEskeptical
    blackwomancoffee
    arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF