The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

In This Episode of "Do Nothing Dems"

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

This dude said "We need to do something" and then says he's going to talk "Tim Scott". That's like a Jew going up to him and saying "Can you do something about Auschwitz?" and replies "Yes, I'll be meeting with Himmler about that". At this point, if you're Black and voting for the schmucks you're no better than a Black person voting for Republicans.

usher laugh

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Manchin is a DINO, so he isn't the best example to use for democrats...you might as well call him a republican in disguise.
    But most Democrats are like that when it comes to Black people. The difference is Manchin is clear about not wanting to do shit for you, where as Pelosi and her ilk don't do shit for us but then blame not doing shit for us on Republicans. The output between Manchin and AOC is the same for Black Americans, AOC just pretends and shoe horns in immigrants.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    But most Democrats are like that when it comes to Black people. The difference is Manchin is clear about not wanting to do shit for you, where as Pelosi and her ilk don't do shit for us but then blame not doing shit for us on Republicans. The output between Manchin and AOC is the same for Black Americans, AOC just pretends and shoe horns in immigrants.

I'm with you there as well. It's unfortunate unfortunately, until the system gets flipped over nothing will change.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Biden also.
    Why are yall saying that Biden and Manchin ain't real Democrats? The only difference between Manchin, Biden, and Schumer is that Schumer virtue signals and the others don't. Democrats are a center-right anti-Black party and their record substantiates this. There's a reason why when Bernie started talking all that free healthcare, free school shit the Democrats combined like Voltron to sabotage him. They sure as hell aint doing that to Manchin though.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    The Dems wanted to keep slavery. That is all you need to know not to trust this group. They use black people and have for decades. I don't know what their plans are in all this but these greedy mf'ers need to be weeded out. Sick of this two-party system we are forced into. It is like bending over and choosing which way we get screwed.

Biden says "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black!" and wins the election. I lost any faith I had in this government from that. It is a total sham.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Manchin is a DINO, so he isn't the best example to use for democrats...you might as well call him a republican in disguise.
    I must ask, what makes Manchin a Republican and not a Democrat from the lens of a Black person seeking tangibles? What makes Manchin's actions and ideologies towards the Black population so different from the others in his party? I'm asking in good faith.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Why are yall saying that Biden and Manchin ain't real Democrats? The only difference between Manchin, Biden, and Schumer is that Schumer virtue signals and the others don't. Democrats are a center-right anti-Black party and their record substantiates this. There's a reason why when Bernie started talking all that free healthcare, free school shit the Democrats combined like Voltron to sabotage him. They sure as hell aint doing that to Manchin though.
    I say that because Biden's (and Trump's) economic policy is based upon Reaganomics, and his (and Trump's) "tough on crime" rhetoric is straight out of Bush Sr.'s playbook. Other than party alignment, there is very little difference in the way the Biden and Trump administrations serve Black people.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I say that because Biden's (and Trump's) economic policy is based upon Reaganomics, and his (and Trump's) "tough on crime" rhetoric is straight out of Bush Sr.'s playbook. Other than party alignment, there is very little difference in the way the Biden and Trump administrations serve Black people.
    But I think that's a disingenuous take because every president since Gerald Ford has essentially been the same as that's when the New Deal folks were all pushed out an the Neoliberals took charge. Neoliberalism which Reagan's bitch ass is known for was actually started with the Democrats but accelerated under Reagan.

Like for instance, no one would say Bill Clinton was not a real democrat but he was also hard on crime with the 1994 crime bill. But despite that if you look at every president since Gerald Ford they've all pushed the same agenda:
    • Lower taxes on the rich
    • Open markets for corporations internationally through war
    • Move jobs off shore
    The only thing they really diverge on is shit like trannies and gays getting married and how many immigrants they want to come in.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Dems wanted to keep slavery. That is all you need to know not to trust this group. They use black people and have for decades. I don't know what their plans are in all this but these greedy mf'ers need to be weeded out. Sick of this two-party system we are forced into. It is like bending over and choosing which way we get screwed.

Biden says "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black!" and wins the election. I lost any faith I had in this government from that. It is a total sham.
    That's one of the main Fox News/Newsmax talking points. While it may be true that the Dems started the KKK, those "patriots" in Charlottesville were waving Trump flags.
    The danger of Newsmax, Candace Owens, and that set is they always talk about things from a century ago. I don't care who started the Klan, what party Strom Thurmon originally belonged to, nor do I care what party Lincoln belonged to. I want to know what you've done for me lately! Like I said, lately I see Trump 2024 and Confederate flags flying side by side. The Republicans are as anti-Black as the Democrats, neither party is for the advancement of Foundational Black Americans.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    But I think that's a disingenuous take because every president since Gerald Ford has essentially been the same as that's when the New Deal folks were all pushed out an the Neoliberals took charge. Neoliberalism which Reagan's bitch ass is known for was actually started with the Democrats but accelerated under Reagan.

Like for instance, no one would say Bill Clinton was not a real democrat but he was also hard on crime with the 1994 crime bill. But despite that if you look at every president since Gerald Ford they've all pushed the same agenda:
    • Lower taxes on the rich
    • Open markets for corporations internationally through war
    • Move jobs off shore
    The only thing they really diverge on is shit like trannies and gays getting married and how many immigrants they want to come in.
    I lived through the Reagan years. He was the polar opposite of a Neoliberal. Reagan, and H.W. were staunch conservatives, and their policies were reflective of that.
    Clinton was a true democrat, but he wasn't a true liberal. His political record is in alignment with the Democratic party, but his social policies were more centrist.
    In terms of public & economic policy, Reagan & Clinton were not in alignment. However, as I stated, Biden and the Republican party certainly are.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I lived through the Reagan years. He was the polar opposite of a Neoliberal. Reagan, and H.W. were staunch conservatives, and their policies were reflective of that.
    Clinton was a true democrat, but he wasn't a true liberal. His political record is in alignment with the Democratic party, but his social policies were more centrist.
    In terms of public & economic policy, Reagan & Clinton were not in alignment. However, as I stated, Biden and the Republican party certainly are.
    I'm not talking about social liberalism, I'm talking neoliberal which Reagan was.

In simple terms, neoliberalism is a broad ideology that became popular in political, economic, and governmental circles in the 1970’s and reached its peak in global popularity in the 1980’s. Neoliberalism describes the political paradigm we are in right now, the political conditions of modern society. As the name suggests, it calls for a revitalization of the classical liberal view of economic policy. It's important to understand that "classical liberal" here refers to an older understanding of the word liberal than the one it has in modern America- it is referencing the liberalism of the Enlightenment era, represented by thinkers like Adam Smith and John Locke, not modern social liberalism...In concrete policy terms, neoliberalism means free trade, low taxes, deregulation, privatization, and balanced budgets.

Clinton and most of the rest of the Democratic Party accepted their role doing nothing more than, to borrow a phrase from political philosopher Roberto Unger, "to put a softer face on the agenda of their conservative opponents." They seek to make marginal improvements for poor, working class, and middle class voters here and there, but never seek to fundamentally shake up the political-economic system in any way. As one critic put it in 1990, even before Clinton's election, the Democratic Party is "...history's second-most enthusiastic capitalist party. They do not interfere with capitalist momentum, but wait for excesses and the inevitable popular reaction."

With the establishment of both major political parties accepting neoliberal ideology, it became default wisdom among economic, political, and media elites. Because the most powerful class of America accepted it as fact, it was instilled into the American consciousness as “common sense” that can’t be seriously challenged. Ideas in direct opposition to neoliberalism were largely marginalized, and as a result, much of our modern debate now takes place within its bounds. Today, though, this marginalization is rapidly disappearing.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm not talking about social liberalism, I'm talking neoliberal which Reagan was.

The source that you quoted and I are saying the same thing: there is no major difference in either the "Republican" and the "Democrat". Both parties are wings on the same bird, which is why I keep saying that Biden = Trump. In terms of the Democrat's and the Republican's relationship with Foundational Black Americans, the only difference is whether they give us benign neglect, or blatant disrespect.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You say:

The source that you quoted and I are saying the same thing: there is no major difference in either the "Republican" and the "Democrat". Both parties are wings on the same bird, which is why I keep saying that Biden = Trump. In terms of the Democrat's and the Republican's relationship with Foundational Black Americans, the only difference is whether they give us benign neglect, or blatant disrespect.

But then say:

Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

I'm saying Neoliberalism is the thread that ties all of them together. That there is no such thing as Manchin or Biden being a DINO when both parties are Neoliberal parties but one virtue signals and the other doesn't. They are all the same from a policy standpoint with a few cultural sprinkles to give the illusion of there being two separate flavors. Bill Clinton was neoliberal too that's why calling him a true democrat but Biden not doesn't make sense.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You say:

But then say:

Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

I'm saying Neoliberalism is the thread that ties all of them together. That there is no such thing as Manchin or Biden being a DINO when both parties are Neoliberal parties but one virtue signals and the other doesn't. They are all the same from a policy standpoint with a few cultural sprinkles to give the illusion of there being two separate flavors. Bill Clinton was neoliberal too that's why calling him a true democrat but Biden not doesn't make sense.
    Don't go bringing Nas into this!