The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Inflation!

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Where in your budget, do you feel inflation the most? My food bill is off the chart!
    I now have an inflation diet! Eating more soup and ice cream 🤦🏽‍♀️Have your eating habits changed or about to change, because of inflation?

452F5A43-85C9-4B03-BE26-CACE4872C784.jpeg

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I noticed inflation the most with meats be them for me or my cats. Their canned food is almost double the price as of now and any kind of meat I get is anywhere from 30% to 60% higher in cost. Everything else has gone up too from toilet paper to cat litter.

Food in general, I used to spend about $65 for the week and now I am spending $110.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My grocery $$$ has doubled. I used to average about $20-$30 per bag. Now it’s about $40-$45 per bag. Not only that but even eating out has gone through the roof.
    Yes, I’m gluten free and my grocery budget has tripled. Bread is $10 sometimes. Also gas was also no joke a couple months ago…$7/gallon.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, I’m gluten free and my grocery budget has tripled. Bread is $10 sometimes. Also gas was also no joke a couple months ago…$7/gallon.
    It’s out of control and these companies know people pay for their habits. They already project the markups.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It’s out of control and these companies know people pay for their habits. They already project the markups.
    Yup that’s facts. So many companies are exploiting the situation and making an extra dollar or two off their products.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I noticed inflation the most with meats be them for me or my cats. Their canned food is almost double the price as of now and any kind of meat I get is anywhere from 30% to 60% higher in cost. Everything else has gone up too from toilet paper to cat litter.

Food in general, I used to spend about $65 for the week and now I am spending $110.
    bwdisbelief2Uuugh

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Gas been wreaking havoc on my trucking business. We have been taking losses on loads because of the increase in fuel. It’s a bit better now but in the next couple months it’s going to go right back up and I will have to dig into my savings.
    OMG! and you have these politicians acting crazy and trailer park while we suffer the consequences of their neglect and drama.

MemphisMogul

Registered
    zBucks
    OMG! and you have these politicians acting crazy and trailer park while we suffer the consequences of their neglect and drama.
    They are using my tax dollars to fund a war that is causing fuel to rise which is putting me out of business which reduces the taxes I end up paying.

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Where in your budget, do you feel inflation the most? My food bill is off the chart!
    I now have an inflation diet! Eating more soup and ice cream 🤦🏽‍♀️Have your eating habits changed or about to change, because of inflation?

View attachment 6286
    Eating even more fruit & veggies, making more smoothies.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I notice it the most when ordering out.
    It's noticeable when making grocery too. In that sense you just have to cook a bit more creatively and use foods that fill you up. Unfortunately that require eating more carbs which can be an unhealthy thing.

I guess it is what it is though.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Buckle up folks. This isn't some bizarre occurrence. Wild prices & inflation are going to be here for a little while longer. Its almost Biblical....The Maritime Industry on the Western Rivers has been impacted greatly by drought and we are feeling that impact.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I notice it the most when ordering out.
    It's noticeable when making grocery too. In that sense you just have to cook a bit more creatively and use foods that fill you up. Unfortunately that require eating more carbs which can be an unhealthy thing.

I guess it is what it is though.
    Man I've never made sure I ate left over until this inflation hit. Now I cook meals I know are going to last a couple days.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man I've never made sure I ate left over until this inflation hit. Now I cook meals I know are going to last a couple days.
    It hits different when food goes to waste now.
    We seriously over did it for Christmas and we couldn't finish everything.
    When I had to toss all that food I almost wanted to cry!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The real problem is this. People do the voting for the politicians obviously but its companies, the 1 percent and industries (oil, defense, food) that pay for the campaigns.

As Dr. Claud Anderson has reminded us, the politicians listen to those that are paying money NOT the ones who vote.

Until the people demand a change food companies will continue to make record profits and bleeding the people. The last time there was a whole scale change in society was during the Great Depression under FDR. American society changed 100 percent.

Sadly, I think it will take another economic collapse on a grand scale to get rid of or greatly reduce the influence of the monied elite.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    For real. I keep receipts and track all my online orders. I can see what I was spending in 2020 compared to today. They try lying still too about it saying we have the best economy ever... Yeah, for who? The rich elite sickos at the top? Cause it certainly isn't a great economy, especially if someone like Cardi B is calling it out.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah definitely food. I used to budget about $200 (I eat mostly organic so it's more expensive) And now I'm having to up it by about $100 because everything is so damn high!
    Yeah, I have heath problems and must eat mainly organic. It’s sooo expensive now. I double up two or three recipes for the week and ear much more tuna fish and sardines. (Good quality though. Health is everything and as you get older, you’ll know it!)

Even veggies and fruits are more expensive. I alternate between getting organic and regular, depending on whether the vegetable or fruit is soaked in pesticides. Celery, always organic but regular avocados are fine. Lots of frozen veggies too.

I read a suggestion from Venezuelans to buy groceries at the beginning of the month before the prices increase. Some veggies and fruits can be cut up and frozen, like avocados and bananas.

I don’t have the room now, but if Incould, I’d get a deep freezer for bulk purchases. I would also go in with 2 families and purchase an entire cow, pig, etc.from a local farmer. In spite of the prices, I still try hard to support local farmers, but cut down on how often I use a product.

D

Deleted member 191

Yeah, I have heath problems and must eat mainly organic. It’s sooo expensive now. I double up two or three recipes for the week and ear much more tuna fish and sardines. (Good quality though. Health is everything and as you get older, you’ll know it!)

Even veggies and fruits are more expensive. I alternate between getting organic and regular, depending on whether the vegetable or fruit is soaked in pesticides. Celery, always organic but regular avocados are fine. Lots of frozen veggies too.

I read a suggestion from Venezuelans to buy groceries at the beginning of the month before the prices increase. Some veggies and fruits can be cut up and frozen, like avocados and bananas.

I don’t have the room now, but if Incould, I’d get a deep freezer for bulk purchases. I would also go in with 2 families and purchase an entire cow, pig, etc.from a local farmer. In spite of the prices, I still try hard to support local farmers, but cut down on how often I use a product.
    That's how I'm approaching things now in terms of how I buy groceries. I buy in the beginning of the month (within the first 10 days that is) and I try to buy enough for the whole month. I want to try to be more consistent with meal prepping as I never stick to it like I should. I end up over-preparing certain items and under-preparing others, which leaves me low in kitchen staples when the month ends.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's how I'm approaching things now in terms of how I buy groceries. I buy in the beginning of the month (within the first 10 days that is) and I try to buy enough for the whole month. I want to try to be more consistent with meal prepping as I never stick to it like I should. I end up over-preparing certain items and under-preparing others, which leaves me low in kitchen staples when the month ends.
    Meal prepping is so time consuming, no wonder fast food restaurants are thriving! I’m trying to shop on Thursday and spend Saturday morning cooking. Trying, but not always succeeding!
    That meal prepping is tricky, as you know! One week I ended up with too much lettuce and had to add it to everything including green eggs and ham!
    I still end up throwing out way too much if I’m not careful. I’m trying to freeze more. I think it takes a while to strike a balance.

D

Deleted member 191

Meal prepping is so time consuming, no wonder fast food restaurants are thriving! I’m trying to shop on Thursday and spend Saturday morning cooking. Trying, but not always succeeding!
    That meal prepping is tricky, as you know! One week I ended up with too much lettuce and had to add it to everything including green eggs and ham!
    I still end up throwing out way too much if I’m not careful. I’m trying to freeze more. I think it takes a while to strike a balance.
    It really does. I logged the amount I consumed in two weeks and then cross referenced that with how much I had to throw away and I although I still had to throw out some things, it was less than how much I was.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    So I actually looked through everything and pulled my average. As or right now, I am spending an extra $550 (average) A MONTH since 2020 and somehow I am buying less. This is some real BS man. I am trying my best to budget and I can't budget better than I already am. Getting to the point where I am going to be struggling to pay rent. I may end up having to move back home just to save so I can buy a house. They are saying the market will crash this year or next year and I want to be ready to jump on a house. My rent it only going up. I have a decent chunk saved (close to 25k) but I am going to end up dipping into that if the economy don't improve and I don't wanna do that. I am pissed. I was working on saving up to 40k to buy a house when I hit 30.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    So I actually looked through everything and pulled my average. As or right now, I am spending an extra $550 (average) A MONTH since 2020 and somehow I am buying less. This is some real BS man. I am trying my best to budget and I can't budget better than I already am. Getting to the point where I am going to be struggling to pay rent. I may end up having to move back home just to save so I can buy a house. They are saying the market will crash this year or next year and I want to be ready to jump on a house. My rent it only going up. I have a decent chunk saved (close to 25k) but I am going to end up dipping into that if the economy don't improve and I don't wanna do that. I am pissed. I was working on saving up to 40k to buy a house when I hit 30.
    My husband & I are into Tax Liens & Air BnBs. Properties have affordable since the PLANdemic arrived.

LifeorDeath

Registered
    zBucks

View attachment 6286
    Inflation has destroyed my food budget.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    For sure the food prices, everything has gone up and I have a feeling things are going to stay at these high prices going forward, which honestly sucks, because I don't know what to expect going forward. I hope they don't raise prices on medication either, I can see that happening, but then again, I imagine it happens constantly already.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Food and gas for me. It takes me about 45 min to get to work every morning, 45 min to get back. So it's eating up gas and my damn money. I can survive with a bit less food, but yeah, food prices are a joke right now.

Definitely gas (I have a hybrid, charger broke and haven't replaced it yet) and utilities.. food is definitely going up. Time to invest in that TorpedoPot on the blklist.

I'm going to have to start a garden one of these days.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Food and gas for me. It takes me about 45 min to get to work every morning, 45 min to get back. So it's eating up gas and my damn money. I can survive with a bit less food, but yeah, food prices are a joke right now.

I'm gonna do produce & floral. They'll both be businesses. It's storming off & on here now, but buds will be blooming in Spring.

D

Deleted member 1946

They have all kinds of solutions for people who want to start a garden. I have even seen solutions for people who live in a very small space. Very innovative.

D

Deleted member 1946

For sure the food prices, everything has gone up and I have a feeling things are going to stay at these high prices going forward, which honestly sucks, because I don't know what to expect going forward. I hope they don't raise prices on medication either, I can see that happening, but then again, I imagine it happens constantly already.
    Every thing is gonna keep going up. The plan is to force people into doing things they don't want to do so they can have even more control over us.

D

Deleted member 1946

Definitely gas (I have a hybrid, charger broke and haven't replaced it yet) and utilities.. food is definitely going up. Time to invest in that TorpedoPot on the blklist.

A hybrid? I don't think I will ever get a hybrid unless the government forces gas cars to stop being bought or driven. I definitely don't want an electric one either.

D

Deleted member 1946

When everybody else is panicking, you will be able to buy a house. That's what I learned from others.