Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    watching...

GIF by Bad Boys For Life

I've been following when I have time, but to my knowledge they were able to specify these potential reparations to descendants of slaves. I think Tariq mentioned it?

edit: spoke too soon. its in the video. lol

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    watching...

GIF by Bad Boys For Life

I've been following when I have time, but to my knowledge they were able to specify these potential reparations to descendants of slaves. I think Tariq mentioned it?

edit: spoke too soon. its in the video. lol
    I was about to be like:

Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is such an important endeavor.

And the questions were very detailed.
    Not the boring...
    "How's it coming along"
    "How do you feel about your progress"

I feel smarter having watched.
    Thank you that's what I wanted to hear. I'm glad it was engaging and educational.

Victorystatus

Smell my cologne...
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Great production, the ending ad always gets me lol

• The only worry I have is the extension of the Task Force itself, almost as if the legislature is attempting to kick the can down the road.
    • The above mentioned is something we can resolve by voting ourselves in at the local (or state) level.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The only worry I have is the extension of the Task Force itself, almost as if the legislature is attempting to kick the can down the road.
    I was going to bring that up too when she said that. My mind instantly heard STALLING TACTIC.

Dollene

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin

• The only worry I have is the extension of the Task Force itself, almost as if the legislature is attempting to kick the can down the road.
    • The above mentioned is something we can resolve by voting ourselves in at the local (or state) level.
    Why vote at all? The Governor can just issue an executive order and cut the check. If anyone is in a state of emergency it’sblack folks. I wonder if they needed to vote to cut a check to transgenders, or if they just did it?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Watching now. Well done, Jay!
    Thank you.
    Why vote at all? The Governor can just issue an executive order and cut the check. If anyone is in a state of emergency it’sblack folks. I wonder if they needed to vote to cut a check to transgenders, or if they just did it?
    Well we’ll see what he does after the task force is over.

Dollene

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Thank you.

Well we’ll see what he does after the task force is over.
    We shall see. I’m definitely rooting for the five out of four on the task force. Sending positive vibrations in that direction. If this goes through it’ll provide a blueprint for other state governments. Let me get this t-shirt. FBA all day!

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I was going to bring that up too when she said that. My mind instantly heard STALLING TACTIC.
    I thought it was just me who got that same exact vibe after hearing what she said about it being left up to the government and legislature to get reparations passed. We can and will absolutely make sure that they (particularly the government) do not get to successfully pull some underhanded slick shit to sabotage these reparations or have them indefinitely stalled, halted, and stuck "in progress" and "under review." Or worse, them trying to hold reparations hostage indefinitely and then demand us to vote "Democrat" for it to "possibly" get passed. HELL NO. Not on our watch! #CutTheCheckNow #NoMoreStalling #NoMoreGames
    Why vote at all? The Governor can just issue an executive order and cut the check. If anyone is in a state of emergency it’s black folks. I wonder if they needed to vote to cut a check to transgenders, or if they just did it?
    Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

R'Gos Rho

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLqaWhQY30

We sit down with Kamilah Moore of the California Reparations Task Force to talk the formation of the Task Force, its purpose, and estimated date to #CUTTHECHECK.

Celebrate the CA Reparations Task Force in our Lineage Matters 329 Crewneck.
    Just subbed to the channel! Great coverage.

D

Deleted member 191

TAILIANNA No it doesn't kill the discussion. the best example I can think of to try to explain this is, before same sex marriage was legalized across america, there were originally just a few states that allowed and recognized it, eventually more states started legalizing it until finally it was legalized across the US.

something similar is going on with Marijuana now. it's legal in a few states, other states it's legal with exceptions, even though the government hasn't legalized it across the country

The federal government is like a corporate headquarters. The HQ gives out policy(aka Federal Law) for the regional offices (aka the States) to follow. The states, aka regional offices, can take the HQs policy (aka Federal Law) and make more specific policies(aka State Law) that is most appropriate for them, for the local/ municipal offices(aka The cities and towns) to follow. the cities and towns, aka, the local/municipal offices, take the policies of their regional offices and create specific laws most appropriate for themselves. Does that make sense? Hope that helps.

DarkBeastAoA

Don't worry, Time reveals it all. ...Always does.
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLqaWhQY30

We sit down with Kamilah Moore of the California Reparations Task Force to talk the formation of the Task Force, its purpose, and estimated date to #CUTTHECHECK.

Celebrate the CA Reparations Task Force in our Lineage Matters 329 Crewneck.
    Just watched it. Great work Jay on covering this. Your tirelessly efforts don't go unnoticed brotha.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    TAILIANNA No it doesn't kill the discussion. the best example I can think of to try to explain this is, before same sex marriage was legalized across america, there were originally just a few states that allowed and recognized it, eventually more states started legalizing it until finally it was legalized across the US.

something similar is going on with Marijuana now. it's legal in a few states, other states it's legal with exceptions, even though the government hasn't legalized it across the country

The federal government is like a corporate headquarters. The HQ gives out policy(aka Federal Law) for the regional offices (aka the States) to follow. The states, aka regional offices, can take the HQs policy (aka Federal Law) and make more specific policies(aka State Law) that is most appropriate for them, for the local/ municipal offices(aka The cities and towns) to follow. the cities and towns, aka, the local/municipal offices, take the policies of their regional offices and create specific laws most appropriate for themselves. Does that make sense? Hope that helps.
    Ya but if u get state reparations is there also federal reparations thats the part im confused on. Like take cali the ppl who get it in cali will they still qualify for federal.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Ya but if u get state reparations is there also federal reparations thats the part im confused on. Like take cali the ppl who get it in cali will they still qualify for federal.
    If you get ca reparations you have to sign a document that says you can never get reparations again even if you’re re-enslaved and eventually re-emancipated.