Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is GTA 6 ever going to be a thing?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
They been milking GTA 5 for like 10 years now. People are STILL throwing money at that game and I don't get it.

I remember when there was talks of GTA 6 back in like 2015... then 2016... then 2018... We are now in 2022 and people are still thinking "this will be the year!". I feel like they are just stringing people along at this point. Is Rockstar hurting for money or something right now? It makes no sense that they would keep putting their top game on the back-burner other than greed and knowing people are still throwing money at them for GTA 5 has intensified them to be lazy.

D

Deleted member 191

Take-Two Interactive is one of the most successful companies in gaming. Parent to both 2K and Rockstar. So if Rockstar was hurting, it would be news. Rockstar I think is just having an identity crisis. The OGs of Rockstar, Lazlow Jones, Leslie Benzies and Dan Houser have all left the company since the original release of GTAV and RDR2. They are worried about their shareholders more now, and less about their fans. As is how it goes. They see the success Bethesda had with Skyrim and they gave it a whirl and it's working. That's really all it's about right now.

Their GTA Trilogy release I think is their experimentation with the new gen tech in preparation for when they do begin full blown development on GTA6 and RDR3. IMO.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As long as their releases keep selling GTA 6 will never come out. I also think they may need to stop putting a number at the ends of the name. They are treating it like World of Warcraft but since it Has a number on the end of the GTA we are like:

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Where’s 6?

But they are like we don’t look at it like that anymore. There’s just GTA now and when we need to update the engine we will.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's possible too. However, R* has some of the best writers in gaming. They aren't going to waste all that talent and lose them to competitors when their 1st person campaign stories are consistently some of the greatest in gaming. It's wouldn't be smart baseball on their part. But I would agree in that, they won't do much in the way of prioritizing the campaigns if they are dropping a multiplayer element later on.
    Wrong thread and R* writing is trash. Gameplay is trash too.

D

Deleted member 191

Sorry, I put this in the wrong thread.
    That's possible too. However, R* has some of the best writers in gaming. They aren't going to waste all that talent and lose them to competitors when their 1st person campaign stories are consistently some of the greatest in gaming. It's wouldn't be smart baseball on their part. But I would agree in that, they won't do much in the way of prioritizing the campaigns if they are dropping a multiplayer element later on.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sorry, I put this in the wrong thread.

Not even close they have trash writers. GTA 4 was dope though I was so enthralled in Niko Bellic‘s story but 5 was wack AF. The gameplay was wack, you needed auto-aim to even shoot people in that POS.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I love gta i hope 6 gets back to that sanandereas feel. The best part was recruiting like 20 people and going to war. They can make it much better though if they have different characters to choose from especially female. You could choose to be a super gansta chick or like be a stripper or something and choose up lol. And then it kinda shows what that life can lead to not glorifying it of course. I think the gta series is really good at showing and making it clear these things are facts of life not the ideal situation.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love gta i hope 6 gets back to that sanandereas feel. The best part was recruiting like 20 people and going to war. They can make it much better though if they have different characters to choose from especially female. You could choose to be a super gansta chick or like be a stripper or something and choose up lol. And then it kinda shows what that life can lead to not glorifying it of course. I think the gta series is really good at showing and making it clear these things are facts of life not the ideal situation.
    They got carried away with the 3 main characters and expansiveness of the map and mini games. I'd rather they'd make a smaller map but with gameplay that better used the terrain like Jay favorite game BOTW.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    They got carried away with the 3 main characters and expansiveness of the map and mini games. I'd rather they'd make a smaller map but with gameplay that better used the terrain like Jay favorite game BOTW.
    I actually didnt hate the different characters thing. I love seeing things from different side and it was cool how they came together. I think that leaves alot of room for social discussions and understandings and what divides us and untites us. It would be really good now too because with covid and the political landscape were in would make it really relevent and thought provoking if they do it right.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I still hear people complaining about having 3 characters. I didn't have an issue with it. I like the idea of having a marine female character for once though. Even if they do a split between 2, 3 or 4 characters. I would like to see a woman be involved somehow. I just don't know if or when we will see a new game.

I do like the approach of dropping the number though. Just make it straight-up GTA and add to it over time.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just read somewhere in The Sun, leading UK website which says GTA 6 is not coming earlier than 2024 so we should need to wait for while. Also some teaser is going on video community website.
    With how Rockstar is with keeping things private (they legit will fire and sue people over saying anything), I highly doubt anyone knows at this point. Though 2024 is looking more realistic considering shortages and everything we have going on.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    With how Rockstar is with keeping things private (they legit will fire and sue people over saying anything), I highly doubt anyone knows at this point. Though 2024 is looking more realistic considering shortages and everything we have going on.
    Yes their are many news coming on Youtube communities although most of them are just hype as they wants to bring more viewers but I seen this on reputed website and 2 more years looks decent realistic for me. Let's see what they are doing behind.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes their are many news coming on Youtube communities although most of them are just hype as they wants to bring more viewers but I seen this on reputed website and 2 more years looks decent realistic for me. Let's see what they are doing behind.
    Maybe they will announce something this year? I will not be holding my breath! I feel like they are just dragging people along as far as they can before we actually get any news. I would be shocked if they just up and say "GTA 6 is now complete and will be released 2022". lol

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I actually didnt hate the different characters thing. I love seeing things from different side and it was cool how they came together. I think that leaves alot of room for social discussions and understandings and what divides us and untites us. It would be really good now too because with covid and the political landscape were in would make it really relevent and thought provoking if they do it right.
    We had 400 years to unite, GTA wasn’t going to be the thing that woke people up.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Finally they made official announcement and I am sure 2024 is looks likely date for new version. I found interesting article regarding this which might share some good inner details. Read it over here:

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I guess they finally said something about it. So now we know we will, eventually, get a new game. I would guess we will start hearing more about it in detail in the fall but knowing Rockstar, we will have to wait an entire year cause they like doing that to people. lol

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe Rockstar games make too much money to not consider bringing a new GTA to the floor. I've seen a possible preview trailer of GTA 6, along with Rockstar games teasing us on social media. So far, it's predicted that GTA 6 will be released between April of 2023 and March of 2024. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all plays out. I'm all for a GTA 6, and would definitely purchase it right away.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes and we might see more and more rumors in next few days as now everyone is exiting about new games and they are coming few changes which is make me more exited for next version.
    Rockstar have already announced that the making of GTA 6 is under production and it's only a matter of time before it's scheduled for release but it's definitely going to take at least 2 to 3 more years.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe that with the crap Rockstar pulled with GTA Trilogy, they have a good point to make in their upcoming GTA 6 that's already in development. They can't afford to get anything wrong in the game, otherwise they will pay the price for it because most of their fans are still pissed about what happened in GTA Trilogy. GTA 5 is still going to give it much competition because a lot of are still very much interested in it now.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I don't know the game is going to be exactly but I think that it's not going to be much different from what we have in GTA 6. It will likely feature more characters and even celebrities but I can't be wrong too, so don't quote me on it either. I still enjoy GTA SA and GTA 4 more to be very frank.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just hope they don't mess GTA 6 up like they did with the GTA trilogy. I'm going to wait and see gameplay footage before deciding if it'll be worth buying the game or not, I'm sure at some point it'll become free with PS Plus so hell I might wait for that to happen.
    They are going to make it like GTA Online I bet. It’s going to be built for nonstop my from day one.