The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is He Right, Or Is He Wrong?

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I agree with him to a point... but he has the same attitude that most "well to do" black people seem to have... black people like him have a tendency to "look down" on the ones less fortunate than him... if people paid attention to his rant, he made it a point to mention that he "has a job that you couldn't get if you wanted to" and his "car note is more than your rent, no cosign"... and that's the reason why "less fortunate" black people don't like "rich" black people like him... THE ARROGANCE!!!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree with him to a point... but he has the same attitude that most "well to do" black people seem to have... black people like him have a tendency to "look down" on the ones less fortunate than him... if people paid attention to his rant, he made it a point to mention that he "has a job that you couldn't get if you wanted to" and his "car note is more than your rent, no cosign"... and that's the reason why "less fortunate" black people don't like "rich" black people like him... THE ARROGANCE!!!
    Spot on. The issue is he is speaking down on Black people and doesn’t relate which is causing friction. I was always smart and was into tech and some dusty as MFs made comments but I never looked at those dusties as the whole Black community. That’s what coons be doing.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Preach

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    So, he started out with some of the same financial advantages as upper middle class whites but poor Blacks are supposed to be able to do as well? Or what? Not sure his point.

Sad. I guarantee you 100 percent, he faces either overt racism and/or subtle racism but didn't bring up. Any black person in any job that makes well into 6 figures or more knows this.

I saw it in corporate America. Finally, he has this "I made it (with a huge headstart), why can't you' mindset as well as 'I made it, and you on your own' mindset.

He gets jammed up by white supremacy. Which can happen in any kind of way, he'll be begging ,asking the black community to support him. Plenty of middle class blacks got jammed up: Sandra Bland, Arbury, all the way up to Cosby.

Eff this dude. Don't like his energy. I don't see anything B1 in any of it. Sorry but not sorry.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Getting a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" vibe from him. He does make some good points, but as mentioned in an earlier post, its coming from a place of condescension.

He maybe right, but its for the wrong reasons.
    He is one of those “I’m better than you negroes”.

John_Smauel

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    You're right I mean it's a point of having humility which by the video he made clearly stated he lacks. You're spot on the point of arrogance. I mean this happens almost everywhere we're people have not been raised with treats to worry about and poverty swinging over their heads. People like these are only good for society until there is no threat to them. But when stuff hits the fan they run.

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    You're right I mean it's a point of having humility which by the video he made clearly stated he lacks. You're spot on the point of arrogance. I mean this happens almost everywhere we're people have not been raised with treats to worry about and poverty swinging over their heads. People like these are only good for society until there is no threat to them. But when stuff hits the fan they run.
    You hit the nail on the head...