The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is It Time to Drop the Term African American?

John Horse lineage

Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I’m pretty sure this was brought up but i’m new here and need to get this off my chest.
I can’t stand when we are called African Americans.It’s something the civil rights generation ushered in aka Oldddd Nigggasss.I do recognize there were elders who was riders, Shout out to The elders Neely Fuller, Francis Cress Welsing Dr Claude Anderson just to name a few. I feel like African American has hurt us more than helped us lately .That Elon musk being referred to as the first African American to buy majority stake in Twitter was it for me..

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Elon thing is more a less making fun of the politicians for this. Like when someone immigrates by choice, they are known as a ____ American. Their home country is put first. We didn't come here by choice. We were forced to be here. So the label never made sense to me. Half the time I don't even feel included in this country but I know nothing about Africa in terms of calling it my home. I feel like we all got screwed over.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Elon thing is more a less making fun of the politicians for this. Like when someone immigrates by choice, they are known as a ____ American. Their home country is put first. We didn't come here by choice. We were forced to be here. So the label never made sense to me. Half the time I don't even feel included in this country but I know nothing about Africa in terms of calling it my home. I feel like we all got screwed over.
    No disrespect to my African Brothers but I know nothing about Africa nor do my family tree.Im from Philly so if they say go home then that would be Alabama, I know because I did my lineage trace.Can’t go back to Africa 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    No disrespect to my African Brothers but I know nothing about Africa nor do my family tree.Im from Philly so if they say go home then that would be Alabama, I know because I did my lineage trace.Can’t go back to Africa 🤷🏾‍♂️
    I only know my history through my father who is from Jamaica but that only goes so far back. We were robbed of this when we were bought and sold as slaves.

BrianCJ1123

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's an extremely sloppy & misleading terminology. Notice, how other countries in the Diaspora are allowed to be referenced, according to their distinct lineages, w/o affixing "African" to it. How often does one hear of African Haitians? African Jamaicans? Etc.? African American, while opening the gateway to non-Black Africans that obtain citizenship here (as stated before, Musk, among others), also dilutes the distinct experience/heritage found in the Black American Descendants of Chattel Slavery: historically known as Freedmen.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m pretty sure this was brought up but i’m new here and need to get this off my chest.
    I can’t stand when we are called African Americans.It’s something the civil rights generation ushered in aka Oldddd Nigggasss.I do recognize there were elders who was riders, Shout out to The elders Neely Fuller, Francis Cress Welsing Dr Claude Anderson just to name a few. I feel like African American has hurt us more than helped us lately .That Elon musk being referred to as the first African American to buy majority stake in Twitter was it for me..

Is African American really that bad or inaccurate? When you look in the mirror and see your hair texture does that not say African to you?

I like both Black American and African American because the things this nation hates about me are everything that comes from Africa.

My full lips, my course hair texture, my height, the way my calf muscles are built, my broad shoulders, my wide nose, all that is African.

Everything that makes me Black in this society is everything I got from Africa. The issue is we are a mixture of lineages, we have Black people who were here already, Black people who came from the Mali Empire, Black people who came here enslaved and they all got mixed and so we used African American as a catch all.

I think we have to look at this in a bifurcated manner. There’s African Cultures and African Geneaology. Black Americans are genetically African but culturally we have diverged due to our circumstance.

It's an extremely sloppy & misleading terminology. Notice, how other countries in the Diaspora are allowed to be referenced, according to their distinct lineages, w/o affixing "African" to it. How often does one hear of African Haitians? African Jamaicans? Etc.? African American, while opening the gateway to non-Black Africans that obtain citizenship here (as stated before, Musk, among others), also dilutes the distinct experience/heritage found in the Black American Descendants of Chattel Slavery: historically known as Freedmen.
    Let’s tackle this in parts. When we say African American we are saying we are an African people in the European country known as the USA, how is that sloppy? We use the word “African” because we don’t go back to one single African country as a group. Some Black Americans are Igbo, some are Yoruba, some are Akan, some are Mande and a lot of are mixture of them all.

Now if you and group of other Black Americans went to Brazil you would just call yourself Americans because you would all trace back to a single country from a Brazilian’s standpoint. That’s why a Jamaican says “I’m Jamaican-American” because they trace back to a single country from the standpoint of an American.

I think it’s dangerous to detach ourselves from Africa. We are an African people…when you see a Black American amongst the tribes they descend from you cannot even tell them apart.

BrianCJ1123

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is African American really that bad or inaccurate? When you look in the mirror and see your hair texture does that not say African to you?

I like both Black American and African American because the things this nation hates about me are everything that comes from Africa.

My full lips, my course hair texture, my height, the way my calf muscles are built, my broad shoulders, my wide nose, all that is African.

Everything that makes me Black in this society is everything I got from Africa. The issue is we are a mixture of lineages, we have Black people who were here already, Black people who came from the Mali Empire, Black people who came here enslaved and they all got mixed and so we used African American as a catch all.

I think we have to look at this in a bifurcated manner. There’s African Cultures and African Geneaology. Black Americans are genetically African but culturally we have diverged due to our circumstance.

Let’s tackle this in parts. When we say African American we are saying we are an African people in the European country known as the USA, how is that sloppy? We use the word “African” because we don’t go back to one single African country as a group. Some Black Americans are Igbo, some are Yoruba, some are Akan, some are Mande and a lot of are mixture of them all.

Now if you and group of other Black Americans went to Brazil you would just call yourself Americans because you would all trace back to a single country from a Brazilian’s standpoint. That’s why a Jamaican says “I’m Jamaican-American” because they trace back to a single country from the standpoint of an American.

I think it’s dangerous to detach ourselves from Africa. We are an African people…when you see a Black American amongst the tribes they descend from you cannot even tell them apart.
    You make a valid point, to a degree (in reference to appearances). However, if an "African American" were to go any of those countries on the African continent, would those natives see us as one of their own? Looks alone would not cut it. Also, how would we identify with Africa in any substantial way, given most Black Americans (Freedmen) are an admixture of not only different West African countries genetically (not to mention intra-schisms within those nations, due to tribalism), but also part European DNA, due to historic contact with the oppressor class?

It is sloppy, in the sense that, "African American", although generally understood to mean those Black Americans, which have a historic lineage in this country, will arguably be a backdoor entrance for grifters, when trying to advocate for lineage based reparations, since technically, an AA can be anyone that came originally from Africa, & then settled here, at any point in time.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    However, if an "African American" were to go any of those countries on the African continent, would those natives see us as one of their own?
    No because of cultural differences and the fact that Africa does not have a Black identity by and large. A Nigerian going to Ghana would feel every bit of an outsider as you do. But would the Nigerian feel less African? No. So why should you?
    Also, how would we identify with Africa in any substantial way, given most Black Americans (Freedmen) are an admixture of not only different West African countries genetically (not to mention intra-schisms within those nations, due to tribalism), but also part European DNA, due to historic contact with the oppressor class?
    Remember Africa is a continent not a country. You can’t even identify with all of North America. You have 3 nations on the continent and you probably can’t relate to French Canadians or White Mexicans, why would you expect to identify with all the nations in Africa? You’re looking to Africa to co-sign your African-ness, why not just look in the mirror. The whole continent isn’t an open air prison for no reason, it’s thousands of years of failed thinking.
    It is sloppy, in the sense that, "African American", although generally understood to mean those Black Americans, which have a historic lineage in this country, will arguably be a backdoor entrance for grifters, when trying to advocate for lineage based reparations, since technically, an AA can be anyone that came originally from Africa, & then settled here, at any point in time.
    That’s why we use the term Descendants of American Chattel slavery. But just because a name isn’t legally sound doesn’t mean that it is bad. In Jewish reparations legislation they didn’t just say “Jewish” they made it clear the individuals who were on the holocaust.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

Some of us are also mixed with Indian. Cherokee, Blackfoot & other tribes.

RBryant

Registered
    I’m New Here
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well what should we be called then? Africans? This would be very broad because there are white Africans, Arab Africans, & sub Saharan Africans.

I think the term African American is pretty accurate & we have created our own culture over hundreds of years.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    white Africans, Arab Africans, & sub Saharan Africans.
    Those people are not Africans, they are invaders. For instance, the White people in South Africa are not African, they are Dutch that colonized that region. Same with the Arabs in the North, they invaded around 640 AD.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

All I can say is I rather be referred to as FBA, DOAS or NBA.I can even go with Freedman or North American Indian but not African American ever.I’ll leave that to Charlize Theron and them. My lineage is here just like Haitians lineage is in Haiti Dominicans in Dominican Republic, Jamaicans in Jamaica. None of them use African for a reason which is the same as my reasoning

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All I can say is I rather be referred to as FBA, DOAS or NBA.I can even go with Freedman or North American Indian but not African American ever.I’ll leave that to Charlize Theron and them. My lineage is here just like Haitians lineage is in Haiti Dominicans in Dominican Republic, Jamaicans in Jamaica. None of them use African for a reason which is the same as my reasoning
    The Black in FBA and NBA is in reference to our Africanness though. Many of those countries you listen don’t bring up African in their identity because they are ashamed of their African lineage.

A Dominican that looks like Wesley Snipes will look you dead in the eye and tell you that he’s full blood Taino, why would you want to mimic a self-hating culture like that?

When you trace back any of their lineages it goes right back to Africa. But many identify with their oppressor and that’s why they call themselves Latin or Spanish. When Latin refers to a tribe of white people from Italy and Spanish refers to white people from the Iberian peninsula.

Not liking the term is fine but I think trying to divorce us from Africa is not accurate. Even the Black people that were here prior to the slave trade say the came from Africa. Mansa Musa came into power because his uncle abdicated the throne to come here.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well what should we be called then? Africans? This would be very broad because there are white Africans, Arab Africans, & sub Saharan Africans.

I think the term African American is pretty accurate & we have created our own culture over hundreds of years.
    I can only speak for me and that would be FBA, DOAS,Freedman, NBA,North American Indian

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Black in FBA and NBA is in reference to our Africanness though. Many of those countries you listen don’t bring up African in their identity because they are ashamed of their African lineage.

A Dominican that looks like Wesley Snipes will look you dead in the eye and tell you that he’s full blood Taino, why would you want to mimic a self-hating culture like that?

When you trace back any of their lineages it goes right back to Africa. But many identify with their oppressor and that’s why they call themselves Latin or Spanish. When Latin refers to a tribe of white people from Italy and Spanish refers to white people from the Iberian peninsula.

Not liking the term is fine but I think trying to divorce us from Africa is not accurate. Even the Black people that were here prior to the slave trade say the came from Africa. Mansa Musa came into power because his uncle abdicated the throne to come here.
    Unfortunately WP destroyed the term AA and we were striped of the African part once some of our Ancestors were forced here.My Immediate tree is in the Americas all the way back to the early 1700’s nothing about Africa, besides they never came back for our ancestors to teach us this so called African lineage.Didn’t do it in the 1700’s 1800’s or 1900’s. It was us FBA’s in the 1970’s and 80’s who reached out to them to create pan Africanism which back fired drastically.Also the term African American will destroy our claim to get Reparations because it will allow immigrants to latch on to our claim by claiming they’re African American as well as the white ones like Elon Musk and Charlize Theron

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Unfortunately WP destroyed the term AA and we were striped of the African part once some of our Ancestors were forced here.My Immediate tree is in the Americas all the way back to the early 1700’s nothing about Africa, besides they never came back for our ancestors to teach us this so called African lineage.Didn’t do it in the 1700’s 1800’s or 1900’s. It was us FBA’s in the 1970’s and 80’s who reached out to them to create pan Africanism which back fired drastically.Also the term African American will destroy our claim to get Reparations because it will allow immigrants to latch on to our claim by claiming they’re African American as well as the white ones like Elon Musk and Charlize Theron
    We can agree to disagree bruh:

1. I don't need any African to cosign my Africanness. I'm as African as anyone on the continent and IDGAF what they have to say about it. I look in the mirror and see a strong African man. I look African, have African features, even the form of English I speak AAVE is consistent with West African syntax hence why it sounds so foreign to Standard American English.
    2. I feel like you're letting the failure of Pan-Africanism make you remove yourself from Africa altogether. You wanted a conquered, white worshipping, plantation of a continent to reach back out to you in Pro-Blackness? They don't even have a Black identity which is why they let tribalism allow the whole continent to be taken over. We can say "screw pan-africanism" without erasing our legacy as an African people.
    3. African American won't destroy our claim because terms like Descendant of American Chattel Slavery are used when going into the legal system. The fact is, if they are going to pay reparations they will do it no matter what we call ourselves. White people will always use every trick bag at their avail. Elon Musk and Charlize Theron claiming African American can easily be challenged because African-American has a definition with is DOACS.
    4. We were never stripped of our African part. Unless you have hair like Steven Colbert you see your African part every time you look in the mirror.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm feeling the same way, and it disgusts me that I've really just been seeing Black people/Republicans calling Elon "African American"...but, what should we call ourselves? It sometimes feel like how we self-identify will be a neverending debate
    But we all know he’s not and so do those CACs.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

1. I don't need any African to cosign my Africanness. I'm as African as anyone on the continent and IDGAF what they have to say about it. I look in the mirror and see a strong African man. I look African, have African features, even the form of English I speak AAVE is consistent with West African syntax hence why it sounds so foreign to Standard American English.
    2. I feel like you're letting the failure of Pan-Africanism make you remove yourself from Africa altogether. You wanted a conquered, white worshipping, plantation of a continent to reach back out to you in Pro-Blackness? They don't even have a Black identity which is why they let tribalism allow the whole continent to be taken over. We can say "screw pan-africanism" without erasing our legacy as an African people.
    3. African American won't destroy our claim because terms like Descendant of American Chattel Slavery are used when going into the legal system. The fact is, if they are going to pay reparations they will do it no matter what we call ourselves. White people will always use every trick bag at their avail. Elon Musk and Charlize Theron claiming African American can easily be challenged because African-American has a definition with is DOACS.
    4. We were never stripped of our African part. Unless you have hair like Steven Colbert you see your African part every time you look in the mirror.
    Brother your free to be whatever you want to be.FBA/NBA is good enough for me.African American will always be problematic to me. No disrespect

Last edited:
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I have to disagree, the situation is this 98% of humanity came from Africa starting with Mitochondrial Eve, which will make any white person around put in claims that they are from "African Decent" which what they are doing now in some of the media with Elon and Charlize among few of the names; When the time comes for reparations it will get to the point where any know white supremacist can come out themselves and do a Ancestry and find out they are part African which can make things complicated if its race and not Linage based (All the more reasons why you got morons like NCOBRA trying to get reparations as a Race based payoff...which is dangerous cause now they can put the whole "African and brown" coalition)

Stating being FBA or Freeman of descendants of antebellum slavery makes a bold statement that we a strong people from the America that we have created. And while our ancestors were pulled from Africa , for a FBA we aren't in Africa anymore; now as a Black American or FBA it shows our linage is in the country we pulled out from anarchy and was the foundation of this country. Finally as a FBA it separates us from those who claim to be of African decent which will bring the question, "Was your generation from antebellum slavery and does your linage date back to that?"

Being Devils advocate though, If you believe that it doesn't hurt for you to be an African American and still your ancestors date back to the killing fields of American slavery then It shouldn't matter as long as your history states it.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have to disagree, the situation is this 98% of humanity came from Africa starting with Mitochondrial Eve, which will make any white person around put in claims that they are from "African Decent" which what they are doing now in some of the media with Elon and Charlize among few of the names; When the time comes for reparations it will get to the point where any know white supremacist can come out themselves and do a Ancestry and find out they are part African which can make things complicated if its race and not Linage based (All the more reasons why you got morons like NCOBRA trying to get reparations as a Race based payoff...which is dangerous cause now they can put the whole "African and brown" coalition)

Stating being FBA or Freeman of descendants of antebellum slavery makes a bold statement that we a strong people from the America that we have created. And while our ancestors were pulled from Africa , for a FBA we aren't in Africa anymore; now as a Black American or FBA it shows our linage is in the country we pulled out from anarchy and was the foundation of this country. Finally as a FBA it separates us from those who claim to be of African decent which will bring the question, "Was your generation from antebellum slavery and does your linage date back to that?"

Being Devils advocate though, If you believe that it doesn't hurt for you to be an African American and still your ancestors date back to the killing fields of American slavery then It shouldn't matter as long as your history states it.
    Brother you always say what I want to say just in a longer more intellectual type of way lol ✊🏾

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I never argued against any of this though. I specifically said that in a legal context that we need to use Descendants of American Chattel Slavery but that doesn’t diminish the term African American. When Jewish got reparations they didnt use the term Jewish they specifically refererenced the Jewish people who were injured by the holocaust either directly or through decent.

Here’s where the argument breaks down for me, how is FBA any more specific? How is African American not specific enough but Foundational Black American is? What the heck is a foundational? What the heck is a Black American? You have to explain that FBAs are DOACS just as you would have to explain for African American.

If we’re going to use White disingenuousness to discount African American well then isn’t Daniel Kaluuya Black American? He is Black and American right? Oh he’s not Foundational…good point, well what about Stokely Carmichael? He was foundational to civil rights and was a Black person in America, is he not a foundational Black American?

Once they do that you have to say “FBA is strictly DOACS” and that’s the same thing you have to do now with African American when they play that Elon Musk nonsense. The only term you used that does not need any explanation is descendants of antebellum slavery.

Every other term is just people picking which one they think sounds best.

As I stated before, African American refers to Descendants of American Chattel Slavery. Using White people’s disingenuous takes to invalidate the term doesn’t make sense because they can do the same with the term you like FBA aka Fulfilled by Amazon.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly so I don't know why niggas act like that clown ass white boy is being pushed as African American as something legitimate they just trying to mess with us.
    That's the thing, it's dangerous if the media puts a spin on it. What makes it even worse its that its Africans and tethers that are putting it out there too which makes it even more worse because what isn't legitimate now can be very much legitimate down the line cause, "I'm white and i say so" or better term, "We are the media and we can say anything and people will believe it!"

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    NBA aka NATIVE BLACK AMERICAN. That's what I use and say lol
    Oh lord at the NBA abbreviation. Racist ass non-Blacks have been calling us "Basketball Americans" for ages. I can now hear them calling us "NBA Basketball Americans" to really troll and mock us.
    As I stated before, African American refers to Descendants of American Chattel Slavery. Using White people’s disingenuous takes to invalidate the term doesn’t make sense because they can do the same with the term you like FBA aka Fulfilled by Amazon.
    Lolusher laughI thought I was the only one who noticed that when you type "FBA" in Google Search, "Fulfilled By Amazon" comes up. If you type "What does FBA mean", you might be lucky to find 1 result from the urban dictionary saying that "it means Foundational Black American."

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh lord at the NBA abbreviation. Racist ass non-Blacks have been calling us "Basketball Americans" for ages. I can now hear them calling us "NBA Basketball Americans" to really troll and mock us.

Lolusher laughI thought I was the only one who noticed that when you type "FBA" in Google Search, "Fulfilled By Amazon" comes up. If you type "What does FBA mean", you might be lucky to find 1 result from the urban dictionary saying that "it means Foundational Black American."
    Yeah, it's weird as hell. I think if you type it out fully then that's where you get more searches instead of just FBA.
    The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I took ads out for the tshirts and used FBA as a keyword. I got hella clicks but no buys at all and I realized….yo they trying to find fulfilled by Amazon not the Fearless Ancestors Crewneck!
    Yeah, it's weird as hell. I think if you type it out fully then that's where you get more searches instead of just FBA.
    The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX
    Man why you acting like you don’t see my other response to you?

Spike Lee Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Sankara

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    We had our own problems. Don't confuse the saboteurs with all of us. Not all of us are lost and I'm working hard to get my brothers and sisters to see how our Blackness is the the thread that binds us all. There's no excuse for what we have done but our situation is much different than yours. You had White people telling you that you were Black it is so much easier to develop a Black identity in those conditions because it was imposed on you. It's much harder when everyone around you is Black.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We had our own problems. Don't confuse the saboteurs with all of us. Not all of us are lost and I'm working hard to get my brothers and sisters to see how our Blackness is the the thread that binds us all. There's no excuse for what we have done but our situation is much different than yours. You had White people telling you that you were Black it is so much easier to develop a Black identity in those conditions because it was imposed on you. It's much harder when everyone around you is Black.
    I respect that brother and I know there are hella diaspora riders but it’s as simple as this. Get your people on code because we our getting ours on code.We can then create a unified code and push it forward to take back what’s ours, because right now pan Africanism is dead and there are hella people off code on both sides

Sankara

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I respect that brother and I know there are hella diaspora riders but it’s as simple as this. Get your people on code because we our getting ours on code.We can then create a unified code and push it forward to take back what’s ours, because right now pan Africanism is dead and there are hella people off code on both sides
    That is fair and it is exactly how I feel about the situation as well. I'm from Burkina Faso and one of our coons sold out the man who liberated our country. After he died we were plunged right back into slavery and my dad moved with my mom to the States.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That is fair and it is exactly how I feel about the situation as well. I'm from Burkina Faso and one of our coons sold out the man who liberated our country. After he died we were plunged right back into slavery and my dad moved with my mom to the States.
    Damn that’s crazy. That sell out sounds like most of our Black politicians, CBC and NAACP unfortunately we have nowhere to run

Sankara

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Damn that’s crazy. That sell out sounds like most of our Black politicians, CBC and NAACP unfortunately we have nowhere to run
    Where do you think they get it from? We have been selling each other out for over a millennium. When we ruled what we now call Spain we were selling each other out and fighting each other for little kingdoms and White women. Our failure to have a code is why we fell as a people. We were able to get by for thousands of years without a code but when our enemies adapted we didn't. We didn't adapt under the face of "Whiteness", we didn't create "Blackness" and fight the disease as we should have.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Where do you think they get it from? We have been selling each other out for over a millennium. When we ruled what we now call Spain we were selling each other out and fighting each other for little kingdoms and White women. Our failure to have a code is why we fell as a people. We were able to get by for thousands of years without a code but when our enemies adapted we didn't. We didn't adapt under the face of "Whiteness", we didn't create "Blackness" and fight the disease as we should have.
    That was eloquently and very well put my brother.Wish I could give you 2 thumb props up.I honestly wish majority of our African brothers and Sisters here was on code as you are✊🏾🤛🏾

Sankara

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    That was eloquently and very well put my brother.Wish I could give you 2 thumb props up.I honestly wish majority of our African brothers and Sisters here was on code as you are✊🏾🤛🏾
    That’s the goal I believe with B1 hence why I like Jason Black’s Program. He doesn’t playing into diaspora wars you’re either in code or you’re not. I feel some Black Americans are taking their disappointment in failed pan-africanism and using it to push their own tribalism. B1 is so great because it gets passed all the tribal beefs and asks a person: are you Black first or not? Are you about a Black agenda? That question is not bound to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or etc. You can be gay and B1, Somalian and B1, Muslim and B1 because you put your Blackness before everything else.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That’s the goal I believe with B1 hence why I like Jason Black’s Program. He doesn’t playing into diaspora wars you’re either in code or you’re not. I feel some Black Americans are taking their disappointment in failed pan-africanism and using it to push their own tribalism. B1 is so great because it gets passed all the tribal beefs and asks a person: are you Black first or not? Are you about a Black agenda? That question is not bound to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or etc. You can be gay and B1, Somalian and B1, Muslim and B1 because you put your Blackness before everything else.
    Exactly why I say this is a B1 forum. I don’t care where you’re from, all that matters is you being B1.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes I agree however you have a lot of immigrants who bring their tribalism among us as well.Your last part I completely agree with which is basically the Code..

b1bryanw

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No doubt Capt. Thomas Sankara. Since 1449 AD, the edict of Toledo, which expelled Africans, Arabs, and Jews from Spain (reconquest), this global color code has been playing out. We are no longer Mande, Peul, Akan, Bambara, but black in the eyes of the white world. Once everyone gets on board, we begin to see ourselves here in America not as "African-Americans," but as "black African descendants" born in America. Identity is the bedrock of a focused people and nation. Ethnicities are the fine details but we as black people globally have to counter the racial simplicity that has developed over the centuries. We all we got. B1.

Sankara

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Yes I agree however you have a lot of immigrants who bring their tribalism among us as well.Your last part I completely agree with which is basically the Code..
    We don't control the people who come to the USA though. The USA brings the saboteurs in our lands to the USA to sabotage you. As we adopt a Black identity we will start having consequences for the saboteurs but there will always be a presence of cowards and we have to be smart enough not to use that as justification to slander each other. Is Herschel Walker a better saboteur than Joy Ann Reid simply because he is ADOS? We have to definitely check our coons but they are emboldened, empowered, and protected by white supremacy. We are not sending them from Africa to the USA, they are being hand picked by the USA.

Sankara

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    No doubt Capt. Thomas Sankara. Since 1449 AD, the edict of Toledo, which expelled Africans, Arabs, and Jews from Spain (reconquest), this global color code has been playing out. We are no longer Mande, Peul, Akan, Bambara, but black in the eyes of the white world. Once everyone gets on board, we begin to see ourselves here in America not as "African-Americans," but as "black African descendants" born in America. Identity is the bedrock of a focused people and nation. Ethnicities are the fine details but we as black people globally have to counter the racial simplicity that has developed over the centuries. We all we got. B1.
    I hear you brother but I don't think the responsibility is on African Americans, it's on us in Africa. We don't see ourselves and each other as Black we see each other as separate ethnic groups as you have noted. When we see ourselves as Black then we naturally start to connect with the diaspora to do our part in promoting B1. Right now we see African Americans and every other African ethnic group as another competing tribe fighting us for the crumbs dropping off the table of White Supremacy.

b1bryanw

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hear you brother but I don't think the responsibility is on African Americans, it's on us in Africa. We don't see ourselves and each other as Black we see each other as separate ethnic groups as you have noted. When we see ourselves as Black then we naturally start to connect with the diaspora to do our part in promoting B1. Right now we see African Americans and every other African ethnic group as another competing tribe fighting us for the crumbs dropping off the table of White Supremacy.
    It is all of our responsibility here and there. We all have to hold each other accountable and up as they do for theirs. Sankara understood this when he went to Harlem in 1984 to speak to black people in the US, something many black people forget or don't teach in the public schools cause they do not want us to know what was going on in global context with black nations (Maurice Bishop, Jerry Rawlings, Somara Machel, Nkrumah, Lumumba, and Sekou Toure among brave others) - across the African continent and diasporas between 1959-1990. The unity (pan-africanism) that was beginning to take form before it was disrupted by ws and its flunkies. Sankara and other freedom fighters' spirits live on in your heart and mine. Let us finish the work. Thanks to the New Black Media, balance is being restored to planet earth.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We don't control the people who come to the USA though. The USA brings the saboteurs in our lands to the USA to sabotage you. As we adopt a Black identity we will start having consequences for the saboteurs but there will always be a presence of cowards and we have to be smart enough not to use that as justification to slander each other. Is Herschel Walker a better saboteur than Joy Ann Reid simply because he is ADOS? We have to definitely check our coons but they are emboldened, empowered, and protected by white supremacy. We are not sending them from Africa to the USA, they are being hand picked by the USA.
    ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾