The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is Twitter Spaces A Productive Tool In Our Reparations Fight!!

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I've been sitting in a Twitter space that suppose to be about reparations but continues to bring up personal beefs. This is why I stayed off the platform. Is Twitter Spaces a tool or a place for ego??
    It's trash and all the real movers and shakers in the Reparations movement stay off of it.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Twitter Spaces is just a tool. If the Spaces devolve into a bunch of insults and beefs it is due to the people and not the platform.
    They're using it all wrong. Hamster wheel mentality. I'm sorry but some of these folks are Tariq's children. They can't think without saying his name.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Our reparations fight is a political fight, not a social media one. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. are for entertainment, not results.
    These platforms are great for organizing but then you have to go outside & do something about it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Our reparations fight is a political fight, not a social media one. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. are for entertainment, not results.
    You’ve always been 100 about this. Every since we started chopping it up you ain’t been a twitter fingers type dude.

D

Deleted member 1946

I've been sitting in a Twitter space that suppose to be about reparations but continues to bring up personal beefs. This is why I stayed off the platform. Is Twitter Spaces a tool or a place for ego??
    I am very skeptical of reparations talks on Twitter. It appears that everytime we start having productive talks, somebody always comes in and derails the conversation. Some people may be disinfo agents via the government who are meant to derail the convo. Others may have big egos. Then there are those who try very hard to be logical as to what our people need.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    These platforms are great for organizing but then you have to go outside & do something about it.
    When anyone actually goes outside and does something this same horde attacks them. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member 1946

Definitely. I thought social media could be used as a good tool initially. I think others did too, but as they sat and watched conversations constantly get off track, this woke them up to the reality of how social media is.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am very skeptical of reparations talks on Twitter. It appears that everytime we start having productive talks, somebody always comes in and derails the conversation. Some people may be disinfo agents via the government who are meant to derail the convo. Others may have big egos. Then there are those who try very hard to be logical as to what our people need.
    I'm not trying to be liked or loved by any of these folks. Call me when the reparations information needs to be known or when the white supremacist shows up. All this,"I don't like this or that person is goofy".

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When anyone actually goes outside and does something this same horde attacks them. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever seen.
    I agree. Anyone that isn't Tariq Nasheed is subjected to total interigation by his sub-bosses. That's not fair. Is Tariq the leader or not? If we all don't have a say;then who does is my point. Tariq has put in a lot of work in this movement but it seems like a monopoly on reparations & who can or can't be at the forefront. Personally I don't like attention. I'm on Al Hayman time.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I listen in on a few and they are, if they block the known trolls, bootlicks,Sambos, They takeaway from the conversation when they enter these spaces
    They use all those folks to add entertainment value. Understanding the psychology of most Black people in this era is a useful tool to create soapbox monopolies.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree. Anyone that isn't Tariq Nasheed is subjected to total interigation by his sub-bosses. That's not fair. Is Tariq the leader or not? If we all don't have a say;then who does is my point. Tariq has put in a lot of work in this movement but it seems like a monopoly on reparations & who can or can't be at the forefront. Personally I don't like attention. I'm on Al Hayman time.
    People want it this way too. They don’t want it organized, productive, and structured which is why they got mad and said I was imposing Chinese style censorship on 6ZEROS for having rules and decorum.

Meanwhile Elon Musk is outright banning them, cutting off their spaces, and they stay over there. I’ve come to the conclusion that many like being at the talking/debate stage and even confuse it with the work.

D

Deleted member 1946

I'm not trying to be liked or loved by any of these folks. Call me when the reparations information needs to be known or when the white supremacist shows up. All this,"I don't like this or that person is goofy".
    Yep. We won't get anything done without people putting in the real work. Talking on social media ain't gonna cut it.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Here is my question regarding the Twitter and Clubhouse spaces or whatever with reparations discussions.
    These is my questions: What is the purpose of the discussion(s)?

I have seen/heard some of them on youtube primarily from Dee Tubman but others. I noticed one big thing. The discussion on there is vitriolic and often abusive and divisive. The same reparations thread on here almost completely opposite. I haven't gone through every single post and page on here so it could have been at one time but every time I've been on the reparations thread on here its respectful.

So my follow up question why is there a stark difference on two topics on the very same thing?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Here is my question regarding the Twitter and Clubhouse spaces or whatever with reparations discussions.
    These is my questions: What is the purpose of the discussion(s)?

I have seen/heard some of them on youtube primarily from Dee Tubman but others. I noticed one big thing. The discussion on there is vitriolic and often abusive and divisive. The same reparations thread on here almost completely opposite. I haven't gone through every single post and page on here so it could have been at one time but every time I've been on the reparations thread on here its respectful.

So my follow up question why is there a stark difference on two topics on the very same thing?
    Because of the rules and the people. The individuals who have showed up here with that energy got warned or banned.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    So, what is the benefit of the twitter and clubhouse spaces then? An argument can be made for trying to convert blacks who haven't bought into reparations to buy into it. But a counter argument can be made that the reparations movement will get so big they will hear it and hear the (valid) arguments for it.

If I believe in reparations then what is the point? I'm trying to understand that genuinely.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    So, what is the benefit of the twitter and clubhouse spaces then? An argument can be made for trying to convert blacks who haven't bought into reparations to buy into it. But a counter argument can be made that the reparations movement will get so big they will hear it and hear the (valid) arguments for it.

If I believe in reparations then what is the point? I'm trying to understand that genuinely.
    Because they are entertaining themselves. It’s also an excuse to not do any real work. If arguing online is advancing the mission and the next best option is getting up, going to city hall, and protesting the answer is clear. Twitter becomes ”the work” and they consider themselves advocates.

D

Deleted member 1946

The purpose is allegedly to provide an online space for useful discourse. It is so much toxicity on those 2 platforms. I don't even use Clubhouse anymore. I use Twitter because there are some folks on it I follow. But I quickly engage with their tweets and get back off.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Once Secure The Weed Smoke & off-code/hating black immigrants started having competing spaces, Twitter spaces became all about entertainment & not sharing information or ideas.

Not everyone should have a bullhorn in their hands. Attention is an addiction we all suffer from as Black people. I believe in order. Once order has been removed, we get chaos. Too many voices and egos will turn this all into a illegitimate sideshow. Years back, TBA published a broadcast called "The Pecking Order". I believe WE ALL.....and I mean ALL, need to revisit that broadcast.

When I say everyone. I mean everyone. Even here on 6ZEROS. There is a Pecking Order. Like it or not, we need to respect that order or we all doom ourselves to chaos. Not popular....yes. Necessary for victory....yes.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Because they are entertaining themselves. It’s also an excuse to not do any real work. If arguing online is advancing the mission and the next best option is getting up, going to city hall, and protesting the answer is clear. Twitter becomes ”the work” and they consider themselves advocates.
    BOOTS ON THE GROUND, means exactly that, but it doesn't stop there & NEVER will for me, not even after I excell to the next level.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Remember Neely Fuller said if We weren't getting together for something constructive then We shouldn't be getting together.....those spaces aren't constructive....just a place to show boat it's like the new maury show Jerry springer or black soap opera take your pick. I see People with good intentions but it usually devolves into confusion.....Many STILL DONT UNDERSTAND.....B1✊🏿 20230108_203535.jpg

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    When I say everyone. I mean everyone. Even here on 6ZEROS. There is a Pecking Order. Like it or not, we need to respect that order or we all doom ourselves to chaos. Not popular....yes. Necessary for victory....yes.
    It’s only a pecking order if you listen to their shows because their reach doesn’t go much further than that. The reason I believe that this site received so much flack recently is because if successful it will change the pecking order.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Remember Neely Fuller said if We weren't getting together for something constructive then We shouldn't be getting together.....those spaces aren't constructive....just a place to show boat it's like the new maury show Jerry springer or black soap opera take your pick. I see People with good intentions but it usually devolves into confusion.....Many STILL DONT UNDERSTAND.....B1✊🏿 View attachment 6328
    If a lot of people read the Compensatory Code….they would call Neely Fuller off code.