The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

It's Musty Mondays At The Hidden History Lounge, Free Jollof Until 10:00!

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Nba Playoffs Lol GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Damn it Mang!!

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Imagery such as this resonates much differently when it comes from an individual with a White publicist, White mother in law, Mexican caterers, Armenian valet, and allows White women to pretend to be staff to skip the Black patrons in line. It’s anti-Blackness at its finest.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He’s openly admitting it’s a club but folks are fine because they are entertained.

H
    HailCzr85
    Let's get this out the way before it comes up and then I get irritated on principal...

*gets into character*
    Breathe Wanda Sykes GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

"Troy you're just hating, blah blah blah!
    You're obsessed with Tariq, blah blah blah!
    At least he opened up the space like he said he would, yada yada yada!"

oh snap GIF by Shalita Grant
    B
    B1 rebel 365
    I think his followers are infatuated with him so they'll co sign anything he says or does. However, I do think he has been disingenuous about the museum -not sure if from inception.
    Troy
    Troy
    HailCzr85 yes I know I have to go back to my home country and fix it yadda yadda
    D

Deleted member 1946

Imagery such as this resonates much differently when it comes from an individual with a White publicist, White mother in law, Mexican caterers, Armenian valet, and allows White women to pretend to be staff to skip the Black patrons in line. It’s anti-Blackness at its finest.
    Yes. Not one Black person mentioned.

B
    B1 rebel 365
    That's because he disdainfully believes whites are more efficient than black people but has no conscience about scamming his own people for a steady income stream -bloody hypocrite!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Since you mentioned all of the white folks in our dear brother's inner circle (you forgot the Caucasians in Mink Slide, btw), has he ever given us a reason why he stopped promoting the Black-owned Ash Kickin' skincare line and startef endorsing Tiege Hanley? Does the white man's lotion moisturize better?

B
    B1 rebel 365
    He'll end up with no grassroots community support if he continues to con them

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Since you mentioned all of the white folks in our dear brother's inner circle (you forgot the Caucasians in Mink Slide, btw), has he ever given us a reason why he stopped promoting the Black-owned Ash Kickin' skincare line and startef endorsing Tiege Hanley? Does the white man's lotion moisturize better?
    He is clearly using Black Empowerment as a niche to conduct commerce, it is not a part of it his ideology. Once it stops generating revenue he’ll move back to the relationship niche.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He's just a hustler that happens to be FBA -that's how he found fame
    You don’t know that. No one knows who he was before he changed his name.

B
    B1 rebel 365
    Apparently some do. He himself talked about his previous life before ascendancy to notoriety on several occasions. Pointless denying one's past because it's always out there.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The constant talk of tethers hating is getting old. They aren't the only people that think this museum was a finesse. His defenders like to say that museums have mixers all the time. This is true for donors to museums but they don't print flyers out like a club promoter. The transparency here is that everyone should stop hating.

D

Deleted member 1946

The constant talk of tethers hating is getting old. They aren't the only people that think this museum was a finesse. His defenders like to say that museums have mixers all the time. This is true for donors to museums but they don't print flyers out like a club promoter. The transparency here is that everyone should stop hating.
    Folks are gorged out on the tether talk.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

B
    B1 rebel 365
    The 'hidden' description is accurate 😂😂😂 -hidden museum 😂😂

The whole thing just feels ominous -intuition that it will end badly and besmirch the community. Aren't museums supposed to be a studious place of learning and not frivolous entertainment? It won't be taken seriously and definitely no international footfall.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I will say this. Growing up no one gave a f*ck if you were from Jamaica the island or Jamaica, Queens. The one thing I do see, all online is people who from places like NJ, NY, Atlanta or where ever, diverse areas who by living there has to have black homies ,ridaz from all over the place across the globe, usually from a few areas acting as if that doesn't matter ever since this tether thing came up.

Foreign sell outs have always been a thing. We didn't f*ck with them, they lived around us but didn't live 'with' us if you get my meaning. Just like there were FBAs who in the neighborhood physically and weren't tryna be part of the black community mentally, we didn't f*ck with them either.

Everything I see is online. In person, nothing has changed. A brotha sees you are down, you and him are cool. My guess is, its that way for some of these voices talking that online but are still cool with the non FBA they have known their whole lives, who they know his peoples, he knows yours and you have a history together back to where ever, childhood or a job or whatever.

As for the museum, I'm not gonna defend it anymore. I'll just let whatever it becomes it becomes and I'll see where he takes it. One thing that is fact. He is a huge voice for black empowerment and all that it entails: legal protection, reparations, etc. If the reach of his voice is replaced, then okay, whatever but for now, its a fact that that the powers that be fear him and he's possibly the biggest advocate non black people know but whisper it quietly. TBA coming up fast. Dr. Boyce and others as well but not the same reach I think.

So, for me the most of us out there beating the drums, clanging the bells the better and the ones who have the ability to do it the loudest, I want to stay even if there are some side issues some where I may or may not agree with.

At the end of the day, if you are in America and black, you are treated the same. If you are in England and black, you are treated the same. So, those that are off code no matter who they are separate from and isolate. Some folks for because of their own personal issues are gonna make blanket judgements, whether they are from Accra or Akron whatever the lineage. I'm gonna play past them.