The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

It's Time to Fight for the Black Family | Opinion

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Non-marital birth rates have risen over time for all ethnic groups but especially in the Black community, where over 70 percent of children are born to unmarried parents. These family dynamics are often attributed to the legacy of American chattel slavery, but US Census data show that from 1890 to 1960, Black men and women were more likely to be married by age 35 than their white counterparts.

The truth is that economic forces, broader cultural shifts around sex, marriage and children, and targeted policy interventions since the 1960s are a much more likely proximate cause for the increase of non-marital births among African Americans today than anything that happened on a southern plantation in 1822.

Pretty good article, I can sum it up in a few words why #FBA is in the position we are in. White supremacy.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I still think it is crazy that black families had HIGHER marriage rates (successful ones at that) compared to white families back in the day. I guess they couldn't have that. Had to destroy the family unit. Couldn't have black folks getting good jobs or seeking higher education with a drive and focus on family and community.

Sick of these groups trying to "destroy the nuclear family". I am sorry but having a mother and father who are married and living under the same roof, having a healthy marriage, and raising kids... IT WORKS. Instead of trying to destroy it even more, we need to light the flame back into the youth and get them to a point where they desire that fulfillment in their lives. I understand marriage isn't for everyone but most people greatly benefit from it.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I still think it is crazy that black families had HIGHER marriage rates (successful ones at that) compared to white families back in the day. I guess they couldn't have that. Had to destroy the family unit. Couldn't have black folks getting good jobs or seeking higher education with a drive and focus on family and community.

Sick of these groups trying to "destroy the nuclear family". I am sorry but having a mother and father who are married and living under the same roof, having a healthy marriage, and raising kids... IT WORKS. Instead of trying to destroy it even more, we need to light the flame back into the youth and get them to a point where they desire that fulfillment in their lives. I understand marriage isn't for everyone but most people greatly benefit from it.
    Preach!
    The Black nuclear family has been under attack for many decades. What's troubling to me is how many new negroes are starting to buy in to the white man's plan.
    Even supposedly Black media is pushing the lgbtxyz agenda (to decrease our reproduction) and "I don't need a man"-ism. It's all an evil game.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Preach!
    The Black nuclear family has been under attack for many decades. What's troubling to me is how many new negroes are starting to buy in to the white man's plan.
    Even supposedly Black media is pushing the lgbtxyz agenda (to decrease our reproduction) and "I don't need a man"-ism. It's all an evil game.
    For real! Like they don't want ANYONE marrying or having kids, and they are pulling black people into it. Like f odd ABC folks, we need to help our people not mess them up more. They legit want everyone just having casual sex 24/7 with multiple people, no kids, and zero commitment. Just cause you think that lifestyle is great doesn't mean we all need to get on board with it.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    For real! Like they don't want ANYONE marrying or having kids, and they are pulling black people into it. Like f odd ABC folks, we need to help our people not mess them up more. They legit want everyone just having casual sex 24/7 with multiple people, no kids, and zero commitment. Just cause you think that lifestyle is great doesn't mean we all need to get on board with it.
    Spot on.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Preach!
    Yes and hiding behind a bunch of academic questions psychobabble like intersectionality and etc. Have you heard some of these DEI people speak? I be like:

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

All they do is muddle the issue so that the status quo can persist while providing the optics of change.