The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Jeff Bezos Says Humans Will Live In Space Colonies and Only Vacation On Earth

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Jeff needs to take his doctor evil ass and just leave earth and not come back. I never liked him. He just gives me all sorts of evil vibes. He and all his billionaire friends just want to have access to the planet without everyone else. They want us living in trash pods floating around in space.

SnakeyG

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I can see that because they will destroy the earth if we don’t stop them.

Them destroying earth means their SOL

People don't realize how much infrastructure an endevour it is just to keep space stations up and running and not crashing to the ground

now imagine the man power and the plethora of resources we would need to keep space COLONIES up and running. They'd have to rely on the planet ideally being in tip-top condition. Or at least salvageable.

It's just talking to talk. These fools. Scared of their own mortality.

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I don't think it'll happen in our lifetime or ever really. I think it would take too much resources to make it happen. I mean, maybe we'll see Mars as a possible place to colonize, and maybe the moon as well. Honestly I think it'd be cool if we colonized the moon, that seems more realistic currently than colonizing Mars would be. But I don't see most humans having the money to travel to space. If it costs as much as it does to travel to space or even fly a rocket, it'll cost a ton for a ticket even to the moon. I mean, how much did William Shatner have to pay to just fly up out to space and back?

I just don't see us having the resources to make it happen. At least not for forever.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Them destroying earth means their SOL

People don't realize how much infrastructure an endevour it is just to keep space stations up and running and not crashing to the ground

now imagine the man power and the plethora of resources we would need to keep space COLONIES up and running. They'd have to rely on the planet ideally being in tip-top condition. Or at least salvageable.

It's just talking to talk. These fools. Scared of their own mortality.
    It's no easy feat and everything is hostile to your existence so you have very small margin for error. But I do think it's feasible and will be done. I see it as a when and not an if.