The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Kim raising those kids "80% of the time"

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to know your thoughts on this. Now I don't know what kind of mother she is, for all I know she is a good mother but to the outside world... Her taking the head role and being 80% of the parenting is bound to have some negative consequences. Especially because they are a mixed-race couple.

It bothers me more so when I see couples who split and have mixed children because those children tend to have a harder time growing up in America. Like where do they fit in? Is it okay to be comfortable with being black? There are a lot of parents who just do their kids wrong and make them feel ashamed of their black half.

The rapper detailed his co-parenting lifestyle with ex-wife Kim Kardashian, who filed divorced papers in February 2021 after six years of marriage. The duo, who went public with their relationship in 2012 and married in 2014, share four children together: North West, 9, Saint West, 6, Chicago West, 4, and Psalm West, 3.

"Even to this day, I'll still give Kim advice on things that can help, because that's gonna go to the kids," Kanye said on the Mind Full podcast. "She's still got to, basically, 80 percent of the time, raise those children."
    Source

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to know your thoughts on this. Now I don't know what kind of mother she is, for all I know she is a good mother but to the outside world... Her taking the head role and being 80% of the parenting is bound to have some negative consequences. Especially because they are a mixed-race couple.

It bothers me more so when I see couples who split and have mixed children because those children tend to have a harder time growing up in America. Like where do they fit in? Is it okay to be comfortable with being black? There are a lot of parents who just do their kids wrong and make them feel ashamed of their black half.

Source
    The children are going to be fucked in the head. Having two narcissistic parents like Kim and Kanye is a recipe for disaster.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The children are going to be fucked in the head. Having two narcissistic parents like Kim and Kanye is a recipe for disaster.
    Facts for real. They are both self-absorbed and think of themselves as gods. I can't imagine growing up like that. They are either going to end up on drugs or with all sorts of mental and emotional trauma that will ruin their future relationships.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I've only known 1 or 2 white mothers with black husbands who I thought was raising her kids 'right'. Both made sure to tell their kids that no matter the fact that you have a white mother, America will see you as black and treat you as that. Whites will treat you as black for all the wrong reasons and Blacks will treat as black for all the right reasons.

I put a lot of the onus on the Black parent. The white parent can only know from a white perspective. The black parent knows exactly what they will go through.

The problem that mixed couples try and do is avoid race altogether 'so they can grow up free of all that'. Unfortunately America isn't like that. Black kids gotta grow up with right away, how does that make your black kid any different.

The term 'biracia;l' has done more damage to the black community than almost anything else. In the 1980s and before if you had a one black parent you were black. If you had one black grandparent and didn't look white you were black. If you looked white you were black-ish, but push comes to shove deemed black especially if you moved a certain way.

If you had a white parent I'd say 80s and before, there was no doubt in your mind society saw you as black and you lived as black. White folks started telling basically black kids they were biracial and gave them the false hope it means they were some sort of buffer, purgatory space between Black and White. Like you have part of us white folks in you so there was a chance if you could be accepted by us IF you ignored the black part and acted like us (Meghan Markle).

When I was a kid we had a few kids who had a non black parent, half Korean, White, and if it was Latino, it wasn't even seen as mixed to some extent depending on the latino parent (Domincan, Puerto Rican, Panamanian) you were seen kinda like people from Trinindad, etc.

The term biracial is giving false hope of white acceptance. They will say I wasn't accepted by both societies and that's not true. If black folks looked at you different, its because you moved differently.

No one calls Fredrick Douglas, Bob Marley bi-racial and both had white fathers.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA

That's my view as well. The parents are full of themselves to even consider grounds when discussing on how to raise their kids. Kanye talking more about private issues on the internet while Kim takes more weird steps.