Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Nets organization made sure to kiss the ass of the Jewish community when presenting Kyrie Irving. They put out another statement before this game stating that Kyrie has sat with the leaders of the Jews. Furthermore , they are definitely playing up the Jewish ticket holders in the crowd by panning to them during the timeouts. Even the white female doing the play by play spoke about it by making Kyrie look like he apologized & following the punishment. When does Black society get to dictate punishment?

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We really to need to come together as Black men & control all of our entertainment ventures. Cut these other groups out. We had our own everything at one point. We need to go back to that. It's a lot more complicated than I'm eluding to but we can do it. All these other groups have hundreds of years of advantages against us but we are on the right path.

E

educatedman23

The Nets organization made sure to kiss the ass of the Jewish community when presenting Kyrie Irving. They put out another statement before this game stating that Kyrie has sat with the leaders of the Jews. Furthermore , they are definitely playing up the Jewish ticket holders in the crowd by panning to them during the timeouts. Even the white female doing the play by play spoke about it by making Kyrie look like he apologized & following the punishment. When does Black society get to dictate punishment?
    NEVER! That would be power.

E

educatedman23

We really to need to come together as Black men & control all of our entertainment ventures. Cut these other groups out. We had our own everything at one point. We need to go back to that. It's a lot more complicated than I'm eluding to but we can do it. All these other groups have hundreds of years of advantages against us but we are on the right path.
    Yep. And we need to make sure no sellouts own our entertainment venues. Otherwise, we would just be giving our money to Black men who behave just like the oppressor. I can't wait until we have control and do what we want to. We can start narrowing the gap.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    It's a process y'all. 20 years ago this would have gone down as bad and ended much worse. We as a collective are just starting to flex since mainly the Trayvon Martin murder. Had that murder happen today, it would be completely different.

What happened to Kyrie was obviously bad, the slow amount of time to galvanize and have his back was frustrating BUT it happened. Black people, especially black men because it was sports related and most sisters didn't know who he was, no shade.
    But when sisters found out, like the ones on here, many stood up too.

It's easy to be pissed off and we should but the one thing to take from it was we have untapped social power that we need to use more just like the Rainbow mafia does, just like the small hat community does.

It's ultimately a win. Everyone who added to the public discussion in some form or manner was part of it. I'm curious about the reception. I still would like black men to rock his jersey as a silent form of continued protest. I'm still tryna find one. I'm about to order online but I don't want Nike to make any money off it. I want a bootleg one.