zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't think quite everyone gets it.

There are different types and levels of racism.

1) There is your hardcore open white supremacist racist. That's the guy that openly uses the N word and says the worst stuff about black people openly and in the public. This person hate black people and aren't shy about letting it be known.

2) Then there is the open white supremacist that says racist stuff but makes it sound a bit more professional. It's horrible nevertheless. This person won't in public use the N word but they will around others of similar thought. They admit to being a racist but just try to make it seem like it's okay. Richard Spencer would be a good example.

3) Then there is the racist for money. These are people that are very much racist. They make their racism more pronounced for financial benefit. The rhetoric they use will be similar to #2. They will sound more professional and they will make it seem that their racist beliefs are justified. They won't openly use the N word. These are your Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly =, and Donald Trump type of people.

4) Then there is the closeted racist. This is the person who has those same thoughts and beliefs as the two people above. They don't say it in public and openly for fear of losing a job or losing business. They will say these things behind closed doors though. They will even act on those beliefs possibly by not hiring someone black or denying services or a loan or housing to a black person. They may appraise a house lower. This is even more dangerous because they are covert with the racism.

5) Then there is the unaware racist. This is the person that holds these types of beliefs and biases without necessarily realizing it. They just see black people as less than them. This person to will act on their biases and may deny things to black people because of the belief that they are lesser. This person may not even intend to be racist or realize their actions are racist. This is very dangerous as well because it can harm black people from getting things they need. This person doesn't consider themself to be racist.

6) Then there is the casual racist. This is the person that frequents Fox News and agrees with some of the rhetoric. They too have biases and bad beliefs against black people. They may have black co-workers. They believe that their co-workers are different and are "good black people". They aren't like those ones they talk about on Fox News. The same as above these people will act on those beliefs and deny things to black people. This is a dangerous person as well. This person doesn't consider themself to be racist.

The racist we usually see and talk about the most are 1,2,3. However these are people that we know are racist. Black people will avoid even interacting with them. I would never expect one of these people to be fair to me. I won't think they will choose me for a job or house so I wouldn't even apply.

The more dangerous racists are 4,5,6 though. We don't know that they are racist. As I pointed out they may not even be aware they are. However their actions are. These are the people we interact with and that will keep us from progressing forward in life.

The big problem is that lots of people think if they aren't 1, 2 or 4 then they aren't racist. They feel that if they don't use the N-word then they aren't racist. They may not even consider 3 to be racist and they may even agree with their rhetoric but think that doesn't make them racist.

We have to get away from just seeing people for racist because of the stuff they say. It's not just that. It's actions and beliefs as well that can make you racist!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The ones I always worry about the most are the ones in positions of power. They are able to do the most damage. If some dumb ass white boy in Twitter wants to mock me for the color of my skin or being mixed, IDGAF but if some millionaire business owner purposely doesn't hire me for the color of my skin, then that is a problem.

I get what you are saying though. The ones we are not sure about are the ones that almost always stab us in the backs. Malcolm X covered this fairly well!

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The ones I always worry about the most are the ones in positions of power. They are able to do the most damage. If some dumb ass white boy in Twitter wants to mock me for the color of my skin or being mixed, IDGAF but if some millionaire business owner purposely doesn't hire me for the color of my skin, then that is a problem.

I get what you are saying though. The ones we are not sure about are the ones that almost always stab us in the backs. Malcolm X covered this fairly well!
    Check out this video from Phillip Scott. The people in the video are liberal.
    The stuff they believed and thought about black people was absolutely crazy. They didn't think we knew how to use the internet, our phones didn't have data, or we don't know how to find the DMV to get an ID.

The thing was that they were saying all this as a response to voter suppression and voter ID laws. So in their mind they thought it was actually anti-racist when in reality it was some of the worst stereotypes imaginable.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The ones with the ability to take action rather than just speak nonsense are definitely the worst ones. Politicians can pass stupid laws, and make our lives harder. On the other hand though, those like Tucker Carlson can continue to spread their hateful views on national television, which creates more and more supremacists. It's all a vicious cycle.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The ones with the ability to take action rather than just speak nonsense are definitely the worst ones. Politicians can pass stupid laws, and make our lives harder. On the other hand though, those like Tucker Carlson can continue to spread their hateful views on national television, which creates more and more supremacists. It's all a vicious cycle.
    Yeah, I never much worry about people like Richard Spencer or Joe Rogan. They are just buffoons being racist.

I do worry about local politicians a bit more because they can affect our every day life. Like a racist sheriff or judge.

On the national level I worry a bit less.

Definitely have to worry about racist hiring managers, people real estate, loan officers, HOA people ( although my advice is to never get a house with an HOA), police officers and other government officials. People in such positions can make things difficult for black people.