Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

LifeStraws Are Only $10 On Amazon Right Now For Prime Members

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wanted to let you all know. It is a decent deal imo. I just ordered a few. Water is the most important thing when it comes to survival and with how the world is looking these days, it can't hurt to be prepared. Might be worth getting them for the whole fam as Christmas gifts at this price. They are just the standard blue ones.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wanted to let you all know. It is a decent deal imo. I just ordered a few. Water is the most important thing when it comes to survival and with how the world is looking these days, it can't hurt to be prepared. Might be worth getting them for the whole fam as Christmas gifts at this price. They are just the standard blue ones.
    That's a good deal! I paid $20 per LifeStraw at Walmart. Thanks for the info!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's a good deal! I paid $20 per LifeStraw at Walmart. Thanks for the info!
    I got mine delivered today. If the deal is still on, might get a few more. I mean this is the cheapest I had ever seen them. I know some knock-offs sell for $10 but I don't trust them. They haven't been tested as well.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    How does a life straw compare with water purification tablets?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How does a life straw compare with water purification tablets?
    A lifestraw will let you drink water instantly, it lasts for several gallons, and it filters out everything except viruses.
    The tablets work great, but you have to wait for them to work before you drink. The tablets also don't affect the water's flavor, but a Life Straw can remove nasty taste from dirty water.

The downsides to a Life Straw is that if the water is really dirty, it can be hard to suck water at first. Also, you might have to kneel in mud or dirt to use your Life Straw in a body of water.

Life Straws are more expensive up front, but they're a better value since they last so much longer than tablets, IMO.

Both are great to have. Use your Life Straw for water you want to drink immediately, and use your tablets to clean water for cooking, bathing, etc.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    A lifestraw will let you drink water instantly, it lasts for several gallons, and it filters out everything except viruses.
    The tablets work great, but you have to wait for them to work before you drink. The tablets also don't affect the water's flavor, but a Life Straw can remove nasty taste from dirty water.

The downsides to a Life Straw is that if the water is really dirty, it can be hard to suck water at first. Also, you might have to kneel in mud or dirt to use your Life Straw in a body of water.

Life Straws are more expensive up front, but they're a better value since they last so much longer than tablets, IMO.

Both are great to have. Use your Life Straw for water you want to drink immediately, and use your tablets to clean water for cooking, bathing, etc.
    Good to know. I've been purchasing water purification tablets for years now, and yes it can be a wait before they get to work. The explanation of the life straws is much appreciated 👊🏿. Will be adding life straws to my list. Thanks again Rollie Forbes

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Good to know. I've been purchasing water purification tablets for years now, and yes it can be a wait before they get to work. The explanation of the life straws is much appreciated 👊🏿. Will be adding life straws to my list. Thanks again Rollie Forbes
    Glad to help! 👊🏾

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They are only $10 again. I wonder if they have overstock or something. Might grab a few more since they are on sale again. Why pay damn near $20 when you can get one for $10?
    You beat me to it, I was just about to post this!