The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

"Master" Sends a Stark Message About America's Racist History

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Horror films employ scare tactics for shrills and thrills. But unlike most, Prime Video's "Master" weaves a thought-provoking message into a new tale about a college campus with a scary, racist history. The film, which premiered at this year's Sundance and SXSW Film Festivals, follows three Black women (Regina Hall, Zoe Renee, and Amber Gray) trying to find their place at an old-fashioned, predominantly white university, Ancaster College.
    The trailer is lackluster to me, the storyline is vague and after looking up the director Mariama Diallo I see it's another non #FBA trying to make a movie about ameriKKKan racism. Her IMDB is very short, nothing I've heard of. Based just on the trailer, it's a rip-off of Peele's work in my opinion.
    even though in the article she tries to imply she didn't get inspiration from him for this movie. (o..k..)
    Mariama Diallo is a Senegalese-American filmmaker based in Brooklyn. Mariama co-wrote Everybody Dies! as part of the feature Collective:Unconscious (SXSW 2016). Her short Sketch won the Fox Inclusion Emerging Artist Award at the 2017 BlackStar Film Festival.
    I have mixed feelings about this.

View: https://youtu.be/0gShIU_i7O0

Ogun

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Why are black directors scared to make movies of Black people dominating these white supremacists? or just good movies that have nothing to do with racism, movies made by black directors either have some gay agenda, silly goofy nonsense, Hood stereotypes, drugs, crime, or white Saviour's always mixed in with the story.
    I'm still waiting to see what Black director has the Balls to make a movie about Hannibal Barca (The real one the Black one) not the whitewashed one the Europeans manufactured.

View: https://youtu.be/tGkLGVHjhkI

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Why are black directors scared to make movies of Black people dominating these white supremacists? or just good movies that have nothing to do with racism, movies made by black directors either have some gay agenda, silly goofy nonsense, Hood stereotypes, drugs, crime, or white Saviour's always mixed in with the story.
    I'm still waiting to see what Black director has the Balls to make a movie about Hannibal Barca (The real one the Black one) not the whitewashed one the Europeans manufactured.

View: https://youtu.be/tGkLGVHjhkI
    Because they are funded and distributed by the individuals who don’t want that imagery being seen by anyone. With an economic base, we’d be able to fund and distribute the imagery we want to see. We also need to have the mindstate too. Too many Black people only value works that come from White people. Anything coming from a Black creator independently is automatically devalued in their eyes.

If we had the discipline and focus to not support these White funded snuff flicks we could reverse the trend ourselves.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The trailer is lackluster to me, the storyline is vague and after looking up the director Mariama Diallo I see it's another non #FBA trying to make a movie about ameriKKKan racism. Her IMDB is very short, nothing I've heard of. Based just on the trailer, it's a rip-off of Peele's work in my opinion.
    even though in the article she tries to imply she didn't get inspiration from him for this movie. (o..k..)

I have mixed feelings about this.

View: https://youtu.be/0gShIU_i7O0
    That part.