Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Modern day mp3 player

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
today's soundscape been pretty disappointing. outside of a few great release a year, I found myself paying for a streaming service every month and I'm mostly listening to older albums. so I decided to go "low tech" and get a modern day music player. it does one thing and does it well.. play music.

so far, I'm loving it. it sounds great. battery last 40+ hours on one charge, Bluetooth support, and plenty of storage.

Attachments

1652978024129.jpg

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    today's soundscape been pretty disappointing. outside of a few great release a year, I found myself paying for a streaming service every month and I'm mostly listening to older albums. so I decided to go "low tech" and get a modern day music player. it does one thing and does it well.. play music.

so far, I'm loving it. it sounds great. battery last 40+ hours on one charge, Bluetooth support, and plenty of storage.
    That looks like the Microsoft Zune HD, that's bad ass.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That looks like the Microsoft Zune HD, that's bad ass.
    when I first made the decision, I was going to BUY ONE! lol. Zune HD still has one of the best UIs I have ever seen. The only reason I didn't is because the software doesn't support today's computers. But after doing some research, I came across this Sony and it supports ALL audio formats like FLAC.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    when I first made the decision, I was going to BUY ONE! lol. Zune HD still has one of the best UIs I have ever seen. The only reason I didn't is because the software doesn't support today's computers. But after doing some research, I came across this Sony and it supports ALL audio formats like FLAC.
    BRRRRUUUUH you ain't lying. That UI was so crispy, clean, sans-serif fonts, bright white text on dark black background, it was awesome. Microsoft didn't support it though which sucked. I remember there was only 8 apps for it over a year and a half, what a joke. Microsoft is trash...the Zune was the best competitor to the iPod...it was waaaay lighter too.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

Did you have to buy all the albums you listened to on streaming? That's the biggest thing keeping me tethered to streaming music. If I hear a new cut I know I can hear it HD immediately. I don't have to buy it on iTunes which adds up quickly.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    BRRRRUUUUH you ain't lying. That UI was so crispy, clean, sans-serif fonts, bright white text on dark black background, it was awesome. Microsoft didn't support it though which sucked. I remember there was only 8 apps for it over a year and a half, what a joke. Microsoft is trash...the Zune was the best competitor to the iPod...it was waaaay lighter too.
    Yeah man.. MS just came to the market too late with it. Apple was dominant. And then smartphones started playing music so less hardware sales. It was horrible timing on their part, maybe 3yrs too late. But it was innovative and changed the game with streaming. They were the first service to charge $10month to listen to music AND included a free mp3 for you to keep. and idk if you remember, they even had a Zune music messaging to share songs with friends. It had some great ideas. Poor execution.

and then they made the mistake to rebrand it as Xbox music, trying to save it. But they eventually kept the live tile part of the UI and it was used for Windows phone, then Windows 8.

I loveeed my ZuneHD tho. Hopefully, I'll love this new Sony the same way.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Did you have to buy all the albums you listened to on streaming? That's the biggest thing keeping me tethered to streaming music. If I hear a new cut I know I can hear it HD immediately. I don't have to buy it on iTunes which adds up quickly.
    I found my old hardrive that I had before the streaming era. lol. I have plenty of music. So far, I only had to spend money on two artists I had to buy from on bandcamp. And I was able to torrent the other albums I didn't have.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah man.. MS just came to the market too late with it. Apple was dominant. And then smartphones started playing music so less hardware sales. It was horrible timing on their part, maybe 3yrs too late. But it was innovative and changed the game with streaming. They were the first service to charge $10month to listen to music AND included a free mp3 for you to keep. and idk if you remember, they even had a Zune music messaging to share songs with friends. It had some great ideas. Poor execution.

and then they made the mistake to rebrand it as Xbox music, trying to save it. But they eventually kept the live tile part of the UI and it was used for Windows phone, then Windows 8.

I loveeed my ZuneHD tho. Hopefully, I'll love this new Sony the same way.
    True. The first iPod dropped in 2001 and the Zune didn't drop until 2006. I think they could have been more successful if they stuck with it though. The entire thing was a half hearted affair. The first Zune was a rebranded Toshiba MP3 player and the second one IMO they weren't "all in" on. It just felt like something they released and then forgot about. I remember having the player and being confused by why it felt like it was in a stasis.

In addition, Microsoft abusing their brand names is a whole other topic: XBOX Music, XBOX Video. snoopdisappointment

You're legit on a PC and if you want to play music you click XBOX Music? rkellyfear

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I found my old hardrive that I had before the streaming era. lol. I have plenty of music. So far, I only had to spend money on two artists I had to buy from on bandcamp. And I was able to torrent the other albums I didn't have.
    You found your KaZaa drive!
    Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You was trying to act noble at first nigga that $14.99 was tapping the pockets.

The Office Lol GIF
    LMAO!! factsssss. One of my favorite artists right now is Oddisee, a producer/emcee from PG County. Since he's independent and not mainstream, I HAD to buy his music. His whole discography was on sale on bandcamp. So I bit the bullet and brought all 13 of his albums for $100. But his music is totally worth it. I didn't mind at all.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most people use their phones now which is why the market for mp3 players is so dry. I just got myself a used (with a replaced battery) 2007 iPod on ebay. I think I paid like $40 for it and it looks almost brand new. Works perfectly fine. I am not going to spend hundreds on a new one. I don't need all that personally.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most people use their phones now which is why the market for mp3 players is so dry. I just got myself a used (with a replaced battery) 2007 iPod on ebay. I think I paid like $40 for it and it looks almost brand new. Works perfectly fine. I am not going to spend hundreds on a new one. I don't need all that personally.
    that's a great deal. I just hate itunes. lol. I know it's changed a lot over the years, but in the past, I hated it so much compared to other music apps.

so far, I been listening to my walkman casually after work to mellow out without the distraction of all the phone apps or when working in the yard. The best part is revisiting great albums I haven't heard in a long time.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    that's a great deal. I just hate itunes. lol. I know it's changed a lot over the years, but in the past, I hated it so much compared to other music apps.

so far, I been listening to my walkman casually after work to mellow out without the distraction of all the phone apps or when working in the yard. The best part is revisiting great albums I haven't heard in a long time.
    I know you hated when the Zune software mimicked it. mjlol

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know you hated when the Zune software mimicked it. mjlol
    lol. i did. that's the ONLY reason I didn't get a ZuneHD. The software isn't compatible with the late-gen Windows and it doesn't let me just drag and drop music.

but as far as listening to music on the PC, I had so many more options like WinAmp.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

I don't use iTunes. I use CopyTrans. I am able to do all my music and playlists without needing iTunes. Only had to download it to set up the iPod since it was recent.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's dope that you found a workaround.
    Yeah I have used it for a few years, no issues with it. It is free too. If it comes down to it and you have to get an iPod, it works just fine and you don't have to deal with the nonsense of iTunes. I stopped using them when they refused to let me put my library onto my older iPod because I didn't buy it through them.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah I have used it for a few years, no issues with it. It is free too. If it comes down to it and you have to get an iPod, it works just fine and you don't have to deal with the nonsense of iTunes. I stopped using them when they refused to let me put my library onto my older iPod because I didn't buy it through them.
    That's one of the many issues I had with them. That's so trash of Apple. I do like the iPod hardware tho, before the touch era.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's one of the many issues I had with them. That's so trash of Apple. I do like the iPod hardware tho, before the touch era.
    Yeah I don't like the newer ones. I feel like they did their best work prior to 2010 and it was all downhill after that.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    just a follow up. Love the Walkman. and I like it even more now because I discovered some new features. The player is great, but the software and UX of it is trash.
    The walkman has SensMe Channels. I had no idea what it was until yesterday. I allowed the SensMe to analyze all my songs, then it breaks it down into specialized shuffle playlist channels by time of day and moods. Apparently, Sony had this software for over ten years now over various devices.
    and finally learned the full functionality of bluetooth. Not only I can connect it to my car, I can also use it as a receiver to stream music from my phone to my walkman if I want better quality. You can also use it as a DAC.
    lastly, found out the player is waterproof. I didn't drop it in water or anything, I just read about it. lol.
    And so far, I have been getting around 40hrs of playback per charge.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One of my old coworkers had a iPod. My work even used iPods a few years ago, they function like phones now. (Or at least they did, I don’t think Apple is making them anymore.) I feel that people use their phones to listen to music nowadays and they stream it rather than downloading it. Honestly downloading is better, you don’t have to worry about trying to get a decent signal to stream music.