The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Neil DeGrasse Tyson Schools Joe Rogan on Racism

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Neil DeGrasse Tyson very eloquently breaks down how racism stops people from seeing the humanity in African people.
    How it lumps us altogether as "negro" and then stamps its preconceived notions on us. My respect for Neil grows by the day.​

D

Deleted member 1475

Just as I was about to lose hope in Neil. Although I remember listening to StarTalk and Neil would talk over, shout and demand respect in the room when the white people started getting disrespectful. I remember him getting argumentative with one of the white people that was often seen or heard on the shows discussions, I think that white boy must've worked for the show or was in a higher position too.

Jay
    Jay
    I haven't watched since he was disrespecting another Black astrophysicist. My respect for him is slowly coming back but I didn't like to see that. He was clearly feeling some type of a way not being the only "Black Space Guy".

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just as I was about to lose hope in Neil. Although I remember listening to StarTalk and Neil would talk over, shout and demand respect in the room when the white people started getting disrespectful. I remember him getting argumentative with one of the white people that was often seen or heard on the shows discussions, I think that white boy must've worked for the show or was in a higher position too.
    I haven’t listened in 2 years but a lot of White people do not like him for that reason. He does not take white people’s shit for any reason.

Bahni.Klyde.Reacts

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm not the biggest fan of Neil, but when he speaks the truth, he goes all in, and he does it so damn eloquently. I think I may have to start checking out what he's doing these days. Does he do any podcasts & shows these days?
    Yes but few and far between. Last one I was subbed to was planetary society ran by his homeboy Bill Nye.

It’d be intriguing to see how he holds in conversation with Ira Plato from Science Friday

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Initially Neil was being Neil..Towards Q3 of the cast you can see he knew what he was doing.

Another YouTuber made a dossier on his “narcissistic” approach. He comes at it initially as educator then layman then…well. You watched the clip.
    I'm not following what do you mean by "towards Q3 of the cast"?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I fux with Neil. He has tried NOT to be a BLACK astrophysicist. Not that I think he's ashamed to be Black, but he wants to be known for his knowledge. My guess is he wants to avoid that 'He's smart for a black guy' thing. He's said he's avoided race. He's hated by the right wing because he's an atheist.

The one thing that they do to him is that he's asked about topics and issues that are not part of his schooling. He's an astrophysicist, not a sociologist. Not an anthropologist.

I am not saying he's the Malcolm X astrophysicist but he's not a coon. At least as how in my personal definition. He may be to others. He applies logic and reason to a variety of things based on his prior knowledge. He's obviously a nerd and grew up as one. There are many, many Neil Degrasse Tysons in the black community at large who never had the structure and environment to fulfill their full potential. Or even close and that hurts me to my core. I've said before and I'll repeat it, if we had the same support system as everyone else, if we weren't targeted as much as we have been, we'd run sh*t. Pure and simple. All institutions of knowledge, intellect and learning. Many of us have performed way over what the barriers and restrictions that were placed in front of us. Barriers and restrictions that were systemic that would have stifled every other people.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Neil supports the idea that you have no authority over your own body, he believes all black people should be forced to take the jab. Obviously a government agent.

G
    Georgiacarolina
    He’s a scientist who supports the official science line wholeheartedly.
    Reactions: Jay
    Jay
    Jay
    Georgiacarolina he's consistent you have to give him that. You know what side he will come down on, on an issue.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Neil supports the idea that you have no authority over your own body, he believes all black people should be forced to take the jab. Obviously a government agent.
    I can understand why the jab is a line for some folks. For me though it isn't. But I do get why people, like yourself, would.

I won't put the 'agent' label on him and I'm not saying he's going to be leading any black empowerment rallies soon, but I do believe he tries in his own way to be for black people. As both videos attest to.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm not the biggest fan of Neil, but when he speaks the truth, he goes all in, and he does it so damn eloquently. I think I may have to start checking out what he's doing these days. Does he do any podcasts & shows these days?
    Yes he has his own podcast but he talks more about science and astrological subjects than anything else if you're into that you'll enjoy it.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I can understand why the jab is a line for some folks. For me though it isn't. But I do get why people, like yourself, would.

I won't put the 'agent' label on him and I'm not saying he's going to be leading any black empowerment rallies soon, but I do believe he tries in his own way to be for black people. As both videos attest to.
    Why do you think he's for black people? All he did was elaborate on that old, tired, racist "out of Africa" theory.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    He didn't just 'elaborate'. I think that is an unfair assessment of what he said. Any black person would leave the video feeing more pride from what he said and he spouted facts that could be used to counter racists.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    He hit them with the science nuff said! More of our children should take up STEM subjects!
    What science? He didn't prove anything he said...

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Can any one (white or whomever) logically counter what he said? What he said makes perfect sense logically. I'd love to see anyone say anything that sounds more reasonable and logical.

Bahni.Klyde.Reacts

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes he has his own podcast but he talks more about science and astrological subjects than anything else if you're into that you'll enjoy it.
    Most prolific was the new director of NASA was on. Solid episode, she let the audience know about future launches in the schedule for 2023(Klyde)

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Can you prove it?
    It's already been proven so what's your point? if you can't disprove it we can go around in circles with this all day which I'm not about to do. So let me know when you disprove it.

Jay
    Jay
    Yo Kanu believes the Earth is a flat disk with a firmament. Don't even go down the rabbit hole with him on this.

mjlol
    • Mad Props
    Reactions: ZxBro

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    It's already been proven so what's your point? if you can't disprove it we can go around in circles with this all day which I'm not about to do. So let me know when you disprove it.
    The out of africa theory suggests white people came up after the negroes/australians, thus making them the most evolved human race, let me guess you also believe in the theory of evolution right?

D

Deleted member 1946

Why do you think he's for black people? All he did was elaborate on that old, tired, racist "out of Africa" theory.
    I am starting to think Neil is just like all the rest which is to help this system. I find it interesting how they destroyed so much of the ancient knowledge from this land, but they let the folks from Africa keep theirs. It suggests that we had so much more here including inventions.

D

Deleted member 1946

I used to think he was for us. I don't think that now.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I've never heard him say anything anti black. Ever. Maybe he has, I'm more than willing to be shown a clip. I don't listen to him that tough.

If someone isn't wearing a dashiki with a kufi with a black power fist raised, we often dismiss them as not being for us. The guy is a nerd. He loves science. That's essentially who he is. We need a helluva more brothers in STEM like that. The guy said in one of the clips (I posted) how the whole system tried to steer him away from his dream because he was black. He didn't say black specifically, but it was clear and implied. I'm not sure how pro black he has to be after saying that. He took a question about women in STEM and made it black.

No where did he say whites evolved to be better. Some people reading into stuff that they want and not what was said. He said everything came out of Africa and Africa is the most diverse physiologically. He also said the strongest, fastest and smartest people are in Africa. How do you get 'white people evolved' better than us out of that?

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I am starting to think Neil is just like all the rest which is to help this system. I find it interesting how they destroyed so much of the ancient knowledge from this land, but they let the folks from Africa keep theirs. It suggests that we had so much more here including inventions.
    Real stuff brother, it's a known fact the Smithsonian Institution are keeping information from the public, some even say they found artifacts all over the Grand Canyon region. The smithsonian is the american version of the vatican.
    I'll not claim humanity started in this or that continent because at the end of the day nobody alive today can confirm that... What i know is i don't need satanic scientists theories to know my own self-worth.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I've never heard him say anything anti black. Ever. Maybe he has, I'm more than willing to be shown a clip. I don't listen to him that tough.

If someone isn't wearing a dashiki with a kufi with a black power fist raised, we often dismiss them as not being for us. The guy is a nerd. He loves science. That's essentially who he is. We need a helluva more brothers in STEM like that. The guy said in one of the clips (I posted) how the whole system tried to steer him away from his dream because he was black. He didn't say black specifically, but it was clear and implied. I'm not sure how pro black he has to be after saying that. He took a question about women in STEM and made it black.

No where did he say whites evolved to be better. Some people reading into stuff that they want and not what was said. He said everything came out of Africa and Africa is the most diverse physiologically. He also said the strongest, fastest and smartest people are in Africa. How do you get 'white people evolved' better than us out of that?
    Some things you have to read between the lines.
    You don't see most of these racist whites explicitly and openly speaking against black people or using slurs but by their rhetoric you know what they are really talking about. That's exactly what Neil is doing in that video, he's saying black people came first and whatnot. Well, according to Neil's belief (Darwin's Natural Selection theory) whatever comes after is considered "more evolved" than it's previous version. Now put 2 and 2 together.
    At the end of the day Neil is just toying with some of yall because he knows a lot of people decided to reject creationism.

RCNAL
    Reactions: Jay
    Kanu
    Kanu
    giphy.gif
    Jay
    Jay
    He didn’t say evolved he said all the traits that every across the world EXISTS in Africa. He is saying that everyone else is a sliver of what Africans are. The tallest people, the shortest people, the smartest people, the dumbest people, the darkest people, and the lightest people will all be in Africa and it’s true.