Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Netflix is bringing ads back... Suprised?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    They are going to make you pay $9.99 to watch stuff with ads. Yup. This is not for a free version, you have to PAY them while they are making money off these ads. I feel like Netflix is about to sink under. I can't imagine they will be around in another 2 or 3 years if they stick with this.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I think that it's Amazon Prime that offers you the option to pay for ads to be removed in your subscription. If Netflix is taking up this path, it can only mean one thing, they are going to add another extra fee for the ads to be removed. But if they make the ads permanent, a lot of their subscribers will jump ship. I'm jumping as well.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think that it's Amazon Prime that offers you the option to pay for ads to be removed in your subscription. If Netflix is taking up this path, it can only mean one thing, they are going to add another extra fee for the ads to be removed. But if they make the ads permanent, a lot of their subscribers will jump ship. I'm jumping as well.
    No talks of it. They just said they are going to have ads on their ower subscriptions. So if you want no ads, you are looking at spending an extra $10 a month. They have a $9.99 plan and a $15.49 plan, both of which will have ads on it.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA

Some ads are boring to watch. I will rather pay for the ads to be removed than having to watch some movies with those ads popping up. My cousin has canceled Netflix for months and I am just sticking around there because of my woman.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What a joke, it sucks because I'm a Stranger Things nerd and there's only one place to watch it and that is Netflix! This reminds me, the other day I watched a movie with my MIL and wife on Amazon Prime and even though my MIL paid to rent the movie there was only the option to rent with ads. What's even the point of paying for these services when they do this?

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Every company is getting more greedy every day and it's something that's going to keep happening because they have that conception that we can't do without their services. No matter what they do, they are convinced that we're still going to be there patronizing them which a sad truth in a way. Most of us will still pay for the ads to stop or still use it that way with the ads.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    You've got to be kidding me. Ads?! These companies are seriously behaving like the Second Coming of JD Rockefeller. It goes to show not only the greed, but these companies are struggling since many of them had their beginnings in the red. What a shame
    the lion king shame GIF

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They are going to make you pay $9.99 to watch stuff with ads. Yup. This is not for a free version, you have to PAY them while they are making money off these ads. I feel like Netflix is about to sink under. I can't imagine they will be around in another 2 or 3 years if they stick with this.
    If they bring that to the $20 version I’m cancelling.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    What a joke, it sucks because I'm a Stranger Things nerd and there's only one place to watch it and that is Netflix! This reminds me, the other day I watched a movie with my MIL and wife on Amazon Prime and even though my MIL paid to rent the movie there was only the option to rent with ads. What's even the point of paying for these services when they do this?
    I mean... I can give you "other options" ...
    day talk GIF

If they bring that to the $20 version I’m cancelling.
    They won't do that... They will just make you pay $30 for no ads. usher laugh

I can't give them my money. They don't have enough on their platform to make me pay them a dime. Amazon gets my money but only cause of Prime. They just include streaming as a perk.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How does this compare to Roku? I recently got Roku and I am not even subbed to anything yet have access to a lot of free television. I wish I had done this sooner!
    I have Roku also, but I replaced it with the fire stick. I like the fire stick UI better, and IMO it's easier to side load apps onto.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm already starting to transition away from them. I've been using Lookmovie.ru lately.
    Russia be coming through. When I need to find info I use Yandex as a search engine cuz all the American search engines are controlled.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Every company is getting more greedy every day and it's something that's going to keep happening because they have that conception that we can't do without their services. No matter what they do, they are convinced that we're still going to be there patronizing them which a sad truth in a way. Most of us will still pay for the ads to stop or still use it that way with the ads.
    Netflix is straight trash, makes trash, and is a big propaganda arm of the alphabet agencies. Black folks really need to check out of television altogether in America. There is nothing good or wholesome for us on television past the 80s I'd say. The old stuff is free. This new stuff has an agenda.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Netflix is straight trash, makes trash, and is a big propaganda arm of the alphabet agencies. Black folks really need to check out of television altogether in America. There is nothing good or wholesome for us on television past the 80s I'd say. The old stuff is free. This new stuff has an agenda.
    Any media coming from the dominant society is trash.Period.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have Roku also, but I replaced it with the fire stick. I like the fire stick UI better, and IMO it's easier to side load apps onto.
    Do they offer the same stuff or does the fire stick have more?

I was debating between the two but ended up going with Roku cause it was cheaper at the time.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do they offer the same stuff or does the fire stick have more?

I was debating between the two but ended up going with Roku cause it was cheaper at the time.
    Except for Alexa & the built-in Amazon apps, they offer pretty much the same stuff.