The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

New forms of colorism & DIVISIVENESS in the FBA community

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you've experienced any form of shaming by your own FBA commUNITY drop a green heart.....

💚Intellectual shaming,
    💚religious shaming,
    💚accent shaming
    💚passive aggressive questioning,
    💚just pure unadulterated envy... (Hypocrites defined)
    New forms of colorism and divisiveness in the black community as 2022 are set by Avatars 😂😭
    🤣 cuz like all black people should be the same right.... EXACTLY TF the same and if not you can sit with us...
    An elementary monkey see monkey do, if a cool person likes it then I like it too juvenile mentality. Nitpicking party Really? Drop 💚 if you felt slighted... veins-body-arteries-skeleton-organs.jpg

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I honestly think FBAs should give collectivism a thought, we're already highly individualists, and it seems like this framework isn't meant for us. We need more conservatism, collectivism, and more cultural values that we uphold more. I may seem crazy but... Maybe we need MORE shaming?

well that's just my opinion on things. I think shaming can be used for good.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Right now the online Black empowerment community is splintered by personalities. You have the Nasheedians, Meechians, Umarians, and the Taharkazoids. All of them are fighting each other to gain the ultimate power of the infinity stones of reparations. It’s madness and then you have the whole Black American vs. Black immigrant crap…im done with it.

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Right now the online Black empowerment community is splintered by personalities. You have the Nasheedians, Meechians, Umarians, and the Taharkazoids.
    If you're FBA and you're an Umarian, then I'll just assume that that person hates their heritage, because Umar talks way too much crap about FBA.

Have the whole Black American vs. Black immigrant crap…
    Black immigrants aren't the only ones, they aren't special. It's really immigrants in general, no matter the racial or ethnic background.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I honestly think FBAs should give collectivism a thought, we're already highly individualists, and it seems like this framework isn't meant for us. We need more conservatism, collectivism, and more cultural values that we uphold more. I may seem crazy but... Maybe we need MORE shaming?

So would that mean you would get JUDGED for wanting to impregnate an alien species even if it's only creative imagination.....
    Wouldn't that make you suss for not being interested in your own?

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're FBA and you're an Umarian, then I'll just assume that that person hates their heritage, because Umar talks way too much crap about FBA.

Black immigrants aren't the only ones, they aren't special. It's really immigrants in general, no matter the racial or ethnic background.
    is Umar talking crap about FBA or is he just holding them accountable? I'm asking because idk.

The "big three" have been going in on black immigrants specifically for months now. Tariq is the most guilty of the bunch.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Right now the online Black empowerment community is splintered by personalities. You have the Nasheedians, Meechians, Umarians, and the Taharkazoids. All of them are fighting each other to gain the ultimate power of the infinity stones of reparations. It’s madness and then you have the whole Black American vs. Black immigrant crap…im done with it.
    same. it's exhausting. All of their voices are annoying to me now.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    is Umar talking crap about FBA or is he just holding them accountable? I'm asking because idk.

The "big three" have been going in on black immigrants specifically for months now. Tariq is the most guilty of the bunch.
    Umar holding people accountable is ironic considering that people tried holding him accountable for that shenanigans with his school.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nasheedians, Meechians, Umarians, and the Taharkazoids
    Gay Men Taking Notes GIF

Taharkazoids... 😂😭

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    im out sexual chocolate GIF
    If you've experienced any form of shaming by your own FBA commUNITY drop a green heart.....

💚Intellectual shaming,
    💚religious shaming,
    💚accent shaming
    💚passive aggressive questioning,
    💚just pure unadulterated envy... (Hypocrites defined)
    New forms of colorism and divisiveness in the black community as 2022 are set by Avatars 😂😭
    🤣 cuz like all black people should be the same right.... EXACTLY TF the same and if not you can sit with us...
    An elementary monkey see monkey do, if a cool person likes it then I like it too juvenile mentality. Nitpicking party Really? Drop 💚 if you felt slighted... View attachment 5448

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

How can you say that though when using the term “FBA”? Who hates their heritage more? The person that says we’re all Black and need to unite or the person that says we’re not all the same and that we Black Americans are native Americans? Before anyone tries to attack me I hated the narrative when it was just Dane Calloway saying it. I look in the mirror and see a tall African dude even though culturally I’m Black American. My facial features and hair and my build are all clearly African.

same. it's exhausting. All of their voices are annoying to me now.
    Yes it’s a bunch of degenerate BS. I unsubscribed from damn near all of them except for PBT and TBA.

Salty_Sura

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    It's unfortunate there's so many Black creators on YouTube engaged in drama with each other online. Sometimes I think they plan it for views/monetary gain because its an ongoing thing. Its not just in "conscious" spaces either.. It's in the sports spaces, dating/relationship spaces, etc. There is a platform called Nebula where creators got together outside of YouTube to monetize their work and speak more freely on topics of interest to them and their audience. It would be dope if those creators who have the means got together to create something like that together, and focus on the positives, and building. They could do it. Mechee does have a platform, but its just her platform. Imagine if they all actually worked together, or at least stopped fighting online for the world to see.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's unfortunate there's so many Black creators on YouTube engaged in drama with each other online. Sometimes I think they plan it for views/monetary gain because its an ongoing thing. Its not just in "conscious" spaces either.. It's in the sports spaces, dating/relationship spaces, etc. There is a platform called Nebula where creators got together outside of YouTube to monetize their work and speak more freely on topics of interest to them and their audience. It would be dope if those creators who have the means got together to create something like that together, and focus on the positives, and building. They could do it. Mechee does have a platform, but its just her platform. Imagine if they all actually worked together, or at least stopped fighting online for the world to see.
    That would be awesome but behind the scenes some of these people are trash which is why they are always getting into fights with everyone.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black immigrants claim and hold true to their own lineages and cultures, why can’t we do the same? Why are we bad guys for staking our cultural and lineage claims? They exclude us from theirs and that’s fine. For some reason some of them seem to want to shame us for claiming ourselves as a distinct people; I think some like our cultural confusion better. And many do look down on us. That’s what Tariq and others are fighting against. I can see how mixed FBA-Africans are suffering. But that’s the price of immigration; not totally belonging anywhere.

We’re all fighting because we’re used to doing that. Until we really see ourselves as one people that must help one another to survive, it’ll remain that way.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black immigrants claim and hold true to their own lineages and cultures, why can’t we do the same? Why are we bad guys for staking our cultural and lineage claims? They exclude us from theirs and that’s fine. For some reason some of them seem to want to shame us for claiming ourselves as a distinct people; I think some like our cultural confusion better. And many do look down on us. That’s what Tariq and others are fighting against. I can see how mixed FBA-Africans are suffering. But that’s the price of immigration; not totally belonging anywhere.

We’re all fighting because we’re used to doing that. Until we really see ourselves as one people that must help one another to survive, it’ll remain that way.
    What lineage are your claiming and why do Black immigrants have anything to do with us claiming out lineage? Why di they constantly have be involved in our conversation if it’s simply about claiming heritage? Because what I‘ve been seeing is the conversation going from a discussion about who we are to an outright bashing of Black immigrants to the USA. We have people calling all Black immigrants tethers and saying that Black Americans have no connection to Africa. You’re minimizing what’s actually going on and how destructive some of the rhetoric has been.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No more toxic tribalism and dividing ourselves in groups. Reject it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No more toxic tribalism and dividing ourselves in groups. Reject it.
    Facts. Fighting tribalism with more tribalism is a losing strategy. Call out the non black American coons and then let’s focus back on the work. No need to keep sowing division.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

YES. There’s power in numbers.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just came to the conclusion that many are dysfunctional and getting caught in fame and ego. I take the good bits and I can and keep it moving.

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What lineage are your claiming and why do Black immigrants have anything to do with us claiming out lineage? Why di they constantly have be involved in our conversation if it’s simply about claiming heritage? Because what I‘ve been seeing is the conversation going from a discussion about who we are to an outright bashing of Black immigrants to the USA. We have people calling all Black immigrants tethers and saying that Black Americans have no connection to Africa. You’re minimizing what’s actually going on and how destructive some of the rhetoric has been.
    What you mean by what lineage are you claiming?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    When you have a group that has roughly 38-40 million in numbers, splinter groups, factions, etc, is a given. It's virtually impossible not to have division. The one thing that has to remain though is the ultimate goal. If the ultimate goal is the ultimate decider on your membership, then it can still be effective.

1950s, colorism and classism was fairly big in the black community. But, because the ultimate goal was voting rights, they could all agree on that and to exclude someone based on anything else was looked down upon. If you were a light skinned HBCU professor you stood side by side with a dark skin, 8th grade educated janitor marching through Selma.

So, for today, if the code becomes the ultimate internal rule, then using some other criteria can easily be called out as off code. The code will eliminate the use of 'colorism and divisiveness'.

Everything has to go back to 'on code vs off code'.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Reading over that, I see how confusing it was, sorry! I’m FBA and commenting on the implied idea that FBA are being divisive; as if pan Africanism is the answer.
    I agree with you, Troy, immigrants don’t have anything to do with FBA business.
    Down the line after we have ourselves straightened out, then we can work with non-FBA . But we FBA lack unity. These integration years have fooled us into thinking we can be disconnected from one another instead of having a goal and standing together no matter what. Hope that clears things up.