App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

This is where equis and I handed out care packages. It's located right down the street from Clark-Atlanta, Spelman, Morehouse, and Morris Brown.

As you can imagine, many of its students depended on that Walmart for food and necessities. I wouldn't be surprised if that Walmart reopens looking like a prison commissary.

And here's the kicker, they're also getting an additional $1.5mil from the city because it's located in a low income food desert.

Now imagine if these "HBCUs" were able to work together to open a fresh grocery store for their students. A great way to care for the students and make additional income.

But these are the SAME schools that dropped the bag back in the '90s when the Olympic committee were trying to build Olympic Village in the area, which would've been brand new dorms for students after the '96 Olympics. But since they couldn't work together, Georgia Tech end up getting them. Smh

D

Deleted member 1946

This is needed. Folks steal so much, and Walmart is trying to protect their assets. Plus, I feel as if this is secretly a way for the powers that be to further create more of a police state to spy on the society as a whole. If all these grocery stores close down, many people are gonna be in a world of hurt.

D

Deleted member 1946

This is where equis and I handed out care packages. It's located right down the street from Clark-Atlanta, Spelman, Morehouse, and Morris Brown.

As you can imagine, many of its students depended on that Walmart for food and necessities. I wouldn't be surprised if that Walmart reopens looking like a prison commissary.

And here's the kicker, they're also getting an additional $1.5mil from the city because it's located in a low income food desert.

Now imagine if these "HBCUs" were able to work together to open a fresh grocery store for their students. A great way to care for the students and make additional income.

But these are the SAME schools that dropped the bag back in the '90s when the Olympic committee were trying to build Olympic Village in the area, which would've been brand new dorms for students after the '96 Olympics. But since they couldn't work together, Georgia Tech end up getting them. Smh
These HBCU leaders are boule sellouts. They will never do any more than their masters allow them. I don't think they would truly start having a grocery store there since it would be threat to the system unless they got all their products from the white suppliers.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is needed. Folks steal so much, and Walmart is trying to protect their assets. Plus, I feel as if this is secretly a way for the powers that be to further create more of a police state to spy on the society as a whole. If all these grocery stores close down, many people are gonna be in a world of hurt.
    Great point. I wouldn’t be surprised if Walmart is amongst the most frequented places amongst American citizens. You find a Walmart in even the most rural isolated towns and half the time it’s that towns largest employer. So if they want to emulate Chinas police state then Walmart would be a great avenue for that and they’ll use the excuses of stealing or mass shooters to convince the masses.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Walmart is already paying its workers at the cost of citizens through the massive amount of subsidies it receives. Walmart is beneficial to every politician from the most local levels to the highest because it keeps unemployment numbers down, but this is a statistical fallacy as most of the wages barely flirt with working class; you can’t live off of being a Walmart cashier.

Lastly, the fact they they’re pulling this stunt in a food desert is an absolute slap in the face! You can test this on their website but the “healthiest“ foods like their vegan options are offered in minimal supply at their locations in black areas. So what is there to protect? This is a cruel stunt.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    It saddens me to think of all the wasted potential that these HBCUs have. The amount of systematic things that could've been built for blacks if they didn't prioritize lining their pockets and keeping tight fists. But I have hope that as more blacks who want to actually see progress for our people get resources, these different establishments like grocery stores, schools, and farms could be built up.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It’s a temporary solution, the real issue is that companies like Walmart pay people so lowly that some people that work full time there can still qualify for welfare. The erosion of society is forcing people to steal, it’s sad.