Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Open World Black Panther Game In Development

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I hope they take their time with it and it not just be some slapped together game to gain sales. EA better not bring out some 🐃💩.
Based off the trailer movie trailer I don't know. It may be agenda led and have all types of nonsense in it.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'll keep an open mind but I am not getting my hopes up. Everything EA touches turns to crap. If they don't ruin it now, they will ruin it later! I just don't trust them to make a good game without destroying it.
    They did good with Jedi Fallen Order.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm a bit skeptical on this, on one hand it sounds awesome but if EA is handling it, there's probably gonna be loot boxes left and right. I really hope it'll be good, but I know better not to get my hopes up too much.
    After Mass Effect and Dead Space I’ve tried my best to stay away from EA.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

View: https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1551595940745658368?t=1Gmz5eWiaqpU9GLP2zZjTQ&s=19

This might be dope if EA doesn't microtransaction & loot box us to death.

You can always be rest assured that EA will never disappoint when it comes to how they use microtransactions in their games and this one isn't going to be an exception. If they get the gameplay right with good fighting mechanics, I'd be interested in playing it. I would also love it to come with a decent character customization.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I gotta play as Shuri I'm going to pass. I'll wait for the reviews.
    Let’s see if it’s even good. Open world is so tired. A bunch of bullshit missions scattered across the maps and challenges. It also ruins the narrative because a part of the story presents some urgent existential challenge but then you spend the 2 months in the game you spend collecting tokens.

Baba Lekan

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Let’s see if it’s even good. Open world is so tired. A bunch of bullshit missions scattered across the maps and challenges. It also ruins the narrative because a part of the story presents some urgent existential challenge but then you spend the 2 months in the game you spend collecting tokens.
    Agreed. I can tolerate open world if there's some flow or a direction to it instead of a culmination of random time trap activities like RDR. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. It's EA and like most other things, most movies & games with black male leads end up being middest of mid a lot of times.

Baba Lekan

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    What's wrong with Shuri? The amount of tech at your disposal would be View attachment 3566
    Why would it be any less with T'Challa? To be real with you I'm in the group that thinks T'Challa should have been recasted instead of tossing the character to the side after one movie. For me if that carries over to the game I'm going to be disappointed.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Why would it be any less with T'Challa? To be real with you I'm in the group that thinks T'Challa should have been recasted instead of tossing the character to the side after one movie. For me if that carries over to the game I'm going to be disappointed.
    Because that's the way it was in the comics. Shuri didn't put all of her tech into the Black Panther suit, she always has gadgets and weapons that only she uses.
    Also, Shuri becomes Black Panther in the comics. T'Chaka & T'Challa weren't the only people to don the costume.
    If you're a fan of the character, then playing as Shuri (in and out of the costume) will be fun because she is as tied to the Black Panther canon as T'Challa, M'Baku, or anybody else who has worn the suit.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Agreed. I can tolerate open world if there's some flow or a direction to it instead of a culmination of random time trap activities like RDR. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. It's EA and like most other things, most movies & games with black male leads end up being middest of mid a lot of times.
    The Ubisoft formula killed the whole genre. Open world had promise with GTA 3 but it stopped evolving around 10 years ago. I remember one year I played Far Cry, The Crew, and Assassin’s Creed and they all felt like they had the same exact gameplay loop.

Rockstar tried to keep it fresh in the most laziest way possible by littering the map with a bunch of gimmicks and mini games. It fell flat to me on GTA V because the gameplay was the same shit from GTA 3.

Lastly, RDR padded the game with long ass animations for the most mundane tasks. I’m over open world, even Ghost of Tsushima in all its gorgeous and evolved combat mechanics was the same Ubisoft crap.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Because that's the way it was in the comics. Shuri didn't put all of her tech into the Black Panther suit, she always has gadgets and weapons that only she uses.
    Also, Shuri becomes Black Panther in the comics. T'Chaka & T'Challa weren't the only people to don the costume.
    If you're a fan of the character, then playing as Shuri (in and out of the costume) will be fun because she is as tied to the Black Panther canon as T'Challa, M'Baku, or anybody else who has worn the suit.
    We didn’t even get a game with T’Challa they shouldn’t skip him.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We didn’t even get a game with T’Challa they shouldn’t skip him.
    Maybe they didn't skip him. For all we know, T'Challa could be in this game (he's still alive in the comics).
    All the dev team did was announce the game. I don't think they've even dropped any details or footage yet.

Baba Lekan

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I understand all that. I just know T'Challa didn't only get one issue before Shuri took over in the comics. It's unfortante that Chadwick passed away which obviously has accelarated the pace of the story.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I understand all that. I just know T'Challa didn't only get one issue before Shuri took over in the comics. It's unfortante that Chadwick passed away which obviously has accelarated the pace of the story.
    I think you're confusing BP of the comics for the MCU BP. Chadwick Boseman's (R.I.P.) didn't accelerate anything in the comics, only the MCU. To that end, Chadwick's T'challa wasn't in just one MCU joint.
    He was in 3 Avengers movies, the first Black Panther film, and an entire season of What If? We got enough to establish T'challa's place in the MCU.
    However, like I said above, we don't know what the game will be like because no information has been released by the devs.

Baba Lekan

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I think you're confusing BP of the comics for the MCU BP. Chadwick Boseman's (R.I.P.) didn't accelerate anything in the comics, only the MCU. To that end, Chadwick's T'challa wasn't in just one MCU joint.
    He was in 3 Avengers movies, the first Black Panther film, and an entire season of What If? We got enough to establish T'challa's place in the MCU.
    However, like I said above, we don't know what the game will be like because no information has been released by the devs.
    I meant his death accelerated the transition from T'Challa to Shuri in the MCU being that there was only one BP movie with T'Challa. I would have liked at least one more BP movie with T'Challa is all I'm saying.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I meant his death accelerated the transition from T'Challa to Shuri in the MCU being that there was only one BP movie with T'Challa. I would have liked at least one more BP movie with T'Challa is all I'm saying.
    I knew what you meant, but what does that have to do with the game?