Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Palworld

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Anyone check this game out? My little bro is telling me to try it. I guess it is similar to Pokemon. It is free on Game Pass right now so I might give it a try this weekend. It seems to have really blown up. Like a hell of a lot of people are playing it right now. it is still in beta though.

Palworld is an upcoming action-adventure survival game by Japanese developer Pocket Pair. The game is set in an open world populated with animal-like creatures known as "Pals". The players can battle and capture Pals in order to use them for base building, traversal, and combat. Palworld can be played either solo, or online by up to 32 players on one server.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nope. I refuse to watch anyone play it and I am not playing it myself. They allow people to "release" a pal with a cleaver. (Use your imagination here.) So, a big nope from me. I also tend to shy away from games that are pushed this hard to go popular/viral quickly.

Apparently, there is some suspicious chatter involving AI and NFTs surrounding the creator/game. I remember gamers and artists raging about how AI and NFTs are going to harm everyone... It's funny, because some of those same people are ok with this AI suspicion surrounding the creator/game because they want to teach Nintendo & Game Freak a lesson. It's so hypocritical.

R'Gos Rho
    R'Gos Rho
    The Ai claim is now debunked. The poster came out and said so as it was a cry for PETA to step in
    R'Gos Rho
    JerriBun
    JerriBun
    R'Gos Rho Yes, I know about the dishonesty those persons pushed. However, that doesn't negate the creator loving generative AI, and even trying to incorporate NFTs into another game. People who are against AI and NFTs would normally boycott this game because of that. However, a lot aren't because they want to "teach Nintendo a lesson". It's hypocritical. I also know what my eyes see... inspiration is fine (i.e. Grizzbolt looking like a mix between Totoro and Electabuzz). Copying on the other hand is a problem. Grookey and Tanzee are just way too similar for me. Also see Tocotoco vs Natu/Xatu. There are others, but the whole thing is stinky at the end of the day. That's why the AI angle was very plausable, because that's how generative AI works. BUT, my initial problem is the cleaver releasing. The other stuff is just sprinkles on the ice cream for me.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nope. I refuse to watch anyone play it and I am not playing it myself. They allow people to "release" a pal with a cleaver. (Use your imagination here.) So, a big nope from me. I also tend to shy away from games that are pushed this hard to go popular/viral quickly.
    Found an article about the cleaver thing. Here's a screenshot:

1706211788155.png

Not something I'm trying to do OR see included in a game like this. Here it is in action:

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Digimon
    Bakugan
    Metabots
    Tem Tem
    Pokémon
    Dragon Quest
    PalWolrd

Just to name few

Collecting and trading and battling, each with their own flair is all I’m saying.
    It's not wrong for games to have their own flair, but let's not overlook copying.

Besides, that's not my concern with the game, nor the reason why I'm not playing it. What do you think of using a cleaver to release your animal and human pals (human slaves?)? Or the sweatshop and slave jokes surrounding the game?

R'Gos Rho
    R'Gos Rho
    Well if it’s smart enough to use a clearest smart enough to use it against the trainer, but it also might just stay loyal so I’m all for it. However, I still haven’t played the game because I don’t have a PC and it’s not available for PlayStation five.
    JerriBun
    JerriBun
    R'Gos Rho Are there typos there? I have no clue what you're saying.