The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

pan africanism

gocarla

Sixer
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
i have been seeing the ari lennox discussion and the way africans and the black diaspora made fun of her ghana experience. im wondering what yall think of pan africanism in general. is it a dead philosophy?
Oh Boy Tea GIF

gocarla

Sixer
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Alive and well actually.

A lot of Africans are disappointed in they way some of them responded, including myself. But I don't let what some idiotic trolls say move how I think...it was disappointing but Twitter ain't real at the end of the day
Alive and well actually.

A lot of Africans are disappointed in they way some of them responded, including myself. But I don't let what some idiotic trolls say move how I think...it was disappointing but Twitter ain't real at the end of the day

i have seen that also :) the reckoning im seeing with black americans is that africans and the diaspora do not identify as black first which i think is the premise of the pan african philosophy. it is very interesting. i appreciate you :) thank you

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    i have been seeing the ari lennox discussion and the way africans and the black diaspora made fun of her ghana experience. im wondering what yall think of pan africanism in general. is it a dead philosophy?
    Oh Boy Tea GIF
    There will always be coons and that‘s what we saw with the Ari Lennox situation. We need to be respectful as Black Americans but no one can tell us that we don‘t have our right to a part of Africa. A lot of those clowns that were going after her probably can’t even tell you what the Ghana Empire is but want to be the Twitter visitor bureau.

Listen to this man…do you think Pan-Africanism is dead?

View: https://youtu.be/AVTWjBH6FcU?t=13

We need to be uniting with these type of people and expressing solidarity not propagating tribalism.

Do Black Americans need to circle the wagons on immigrants coons? Hell yeah but we need a healthy Africa if we are to have a future.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    we can only practice Pan Africanism with those who will practice it with us. Like Dr. John Henrik Clarke said, either we Blacks globablly unite, or we perish. If the Black peoples in Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, and Africa ever got on code with us Descendants of American Slaves, it would be curtains already for WHite Supremacy. And thats why they work so hard to keep us from separated.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    we can only practice Pan Africanism with those who will practice it with us. Like Dr. John Henrik Clarke said, either we Blacks globablly unite, or we perish. If the Black peoples in Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, and Africa ever got on code with us Descendants of American Slaves, it would be curtains already for WHite Supremacy. And thats why they work so hard to keep us from separated.
    GIF by Lifetime

gocarla

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    i have heard and seen SAs be the most on the b1 philosophy :) thank you.

mr clark says if.. im sure we all understand the value of the promise in that premise. i appreciate you :) thank you.

i would like to see more solidarity around reparations for descendants of american freedman from the usofa government in africa and the diaspora. the lack of support i see is perplexing, granted it is online. sadly, rws is having the desired effect on black peoples world wide reputation and must be countered.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    i have heard and seen SAs be the most on the b1 philosophy :) thank you.

mr clark says if.. im sure we all understand the value of the promise in that premise. i appreciate you :) thank you.

i would like to see more solidarity around reparations for descendants of american freedman from the usofa government in africa and the diaspora. the lack of support i see is perplexing, granted it is online. sadly, rws is having the desired effect on black peoples world wide reputation and must be countered.
    Sometimes in life we have to be the lone ember that sparks the fire. It’s unfortunate and it’s lonely because it’s cold and we require warmth but sometimes it really takes that one spark. We may not get that support from across the pond but our success could be the catalyst for their fight for emancipation.

So the end result will be us working together but it will be at the start of our action towards our oppressor and not at their unity with us.

gocarla

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Thank you. I think some are taking FBAs circling our wagons a bit too far and are pushing the same tribalism that has the Continent in a stasis.
    you arent alone in that sentiment. personally i give them grace because they have been provoked and are reacting. id rather see more defense of them than blame for overreacting. culture shock is a sickness and reckoning with people you, your ancestors, your scholars have taught you to work with, seeing you as dumb, lazy, and/or in bed with rws is a lot to deal with.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well said.

gocarla

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    you arent alone in that sentiment. personally i give them grace because they have been provoked and are reacting. id rather see more defense of them than blame for overreacting. culture shock is a sickness and reckoning with people you, your ancestors, your scholars have taught you to work with, seeing you as dumb, lazy, and/or in bed with rws is a lot to deal with.
    i hope i understood what you were saying. to me it can be read more than one way :)

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh Boy Tea GIF
    It’s simple to me if you FWM I FWU its that simple. There was Cameroonian dude at my old job more on code than my FBA coworkers. He came through for me in so many ways I’d be dumb to write off my African brothers. I had some bad experiences with Nigerians but I’ve had bad experiences with everybody. BAN is in every ethnicity.