The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Part 2: Would You Eat This Steak?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Personally, I love steak and I love mushrooms. However, if I bite into a "steak" that's actually a mushroom, somebody is getting hands and feet put on them.
    View attachment 4452

Facts man. At a certain point if you ain’t rockin‘ with steak just give it up. I had vegan chicken wings one day it was cauliflower in buffalo sauce.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Facts man. At a certain point if you ain’t rockin‘ with steak just give it up. I had vegan chicken wings one day it was cauliflower in buffalo sauce.
    I had vegan chicken (that sounds so oxymoronic) that was made from jackfruit. The woman who gave it to me swore that it would taste like the real thing. I should've had her arrested.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As an on again off again vegan I'm not for calling it "steak" or "wings"...just call it what it is. Especially if you're feeding a meat eater. When I feed my husband vegan meals I'm more likely to get a better reaction when he knows what's on his plate.
    Jay those cauliflower wings hit though...you just have to make them right. ProMoatBlack loves them.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As an on again off again vegan I'm not for calling it "steak" or "wings"...just call it what it is. Especially if you're feeding a meat eater. When I feed my husband vegan meals I'm more likely to get a better reaction when he knows what's on his plate.
    Jay those cauliflower wings hit though...you just have to make them right. ProMoatBlack loves them.
    mjlol
    cauliflower GIF

E

educatedman23

Is cauliflower even healthy? Dr. Sebi said that cauliflower is not healthy since it is a white vegetable which meant it lost its carbon. I wonder how cauliflower can be truly vegan. I don't think I could live a vegan lifestyle. I can barely eat the healthy stuff I make myself eat.

E

educatedman23

I would try these cauliflower wings to see if they taste good to me. The area where I live in do not serve food like this so I would have to get it when I travel to another city that has something similar.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would try these cauliflower wings to see if they taste good to me. The area where I live in do not serve food like this so I would have to get it when I travel to another city that has something similar.
    There are some good vegan restaurants out there. Black owned one's too.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What part of MS are you in? I've been to vegan restaurants in Jackson, and Hattiesburg.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I don't like mushrooms so I would definitely pass on that! I'd be upset too if someone told me it was a nice, juicy steak and then I started digging in only to find it was a nasty mushroom! Not gonna lie, I thought it was straight up a steak at first.
    Same here, not a fan of mushrooms. I would not be happy if I got that instead of a steak 😐

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There are some good vegan restaurants out there. Black owned one's too.
    Definitely. I'm not sure about the mushroom steak, but you can make a lot of alternatives taste like the real thing. Ya'll just have to find the right restaurant :)

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Isn't it interesting how vegan food has to tether itself to regular food and meat to be appealing to people

arseniolust

Isn't it interesting how vegan food has to tether itself to regular food and meat to be appealing to people

arseniolust
    When you think about it not really...Western civilization, Americans in particular would not even be open to trying it if vegan food wasn't tied to "regular food". There are plenty of cultures around the world who do not make meat the center of their diet. "Vegan" food has become a business it needs to sell. Money is the bottom line. Truthfully we would all be better off if the majority of our diet was fruits and vegetables.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Why do vegans get on their high horse about killing animals but then have no problem killing plants? Mushrooms and trees are alive too.
    That shit is lame...
    Eating plant based is really about taking better care of your body.

Also my mushrooms and trees will regenerate bwbmiletongue