The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Philly Gas Station Has Armed Security

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

I can understand having a security guard, but that guy is walking around with a bullpup.

Reaction GIF by The Weather Channel

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
The question is are they wrong for getting themdisgustedbm
No they aren't. The criminals been had them. I hope the security is military & or law enforcement. If he's regular degular, it's gonna be a chaotic disaster.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
North Philly. An area I know all too well. Not surprising to most who are from or have lived in Philly. North Philly is a vast area though and there is a section that is home to the literally the largest open air drug market on the east coast. White folks actually take busses or drive to do opiates.

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I would hire security too if I was getting robbed often. Eventually one of those robberies could result in your death or a customers, and I feel this is a better alternative to that. At least here there will be some form of protection when shit hits the fan, and it's very likely they will get another robbery at some point, but with this dude standing guard, I would think it would at least slow down a bit.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
My only worry is racial profiling. What happens when a neighborhood kid is accused of stealing a candy bar and is chased out and shot? What then?

What I would prefer the neighborhood councilpersons and church folks in the area to do is go to these owners and discuss 'what if' scenarios like what I said above.

We all think its to stop adult robbers with guns or a bunch of kids doing that wolfpack mass robbery thing as a deterrent. But how they will be used and the rules of engagement MUST be established BEFORE.

D

Deleted member 1504

North Philly. An area I know all too well. Not surprising to most who are from or have lived in Philly. North Philly is a vast area though and there is a section that is home to the literally the largest open air drug market on the east coast. White folks actually take busses or drive to do opiates.
I have relatives in North Philly. It ain’t no joke.

In reference to the thread, I understand the store owner doing what they have to do because Philly is off the chain these days.