Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Physical Copies

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Do you think there is value in keeping physical copies of media be it movies, TV series, video games, or music?

I keep hearing about the potential for a cyber attack that will leave millions without internet and some power grids may even go down. Always with the rumor of war but it really made me reconsider getting rid of my physical media collection. I think I am going to keep it.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Do you think there is value in keeping physical copies of media be it movies, TV series, video games, or music?

I keep hearing about the potential for a cyber attack that will leave millions without internet and some power grids may even go down. Always with the rumor of war but it really made me reconsider getting rid of my physical media collection. I think I am going to keep it.
We've copies of all Black movies & TV shows, from the 70's to the present.
We did it because mainstream media is removing all of our entertainment, further eliminating us!

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We do have a large collection of old shows, pay per views and movies on hand in all forms. I still have a working VCR black family and my VHS collection is vast. As for a EMP? There are work arounds for that situation to protect electric devices, the cheapest thing you can do is wrap it in mylar.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    We do have a large collection of old shows, pay per views and movies on hand in all forms. I still have a working VCR black family and my VHS collection is vast. As for a EMP? There are work arounds for that situation to protect electric devices, the cheapest thing you can do is wrap it in mylar.
    That's all fine and good but if the grid is gone you'll still have no electricity and at that point entertainment will be the least of your worries survival will be at the forefront.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's all fine and good but if the grid is gone you'll still have no electricity and at that point entertainment will be the least of your worries survival will be at the forefront.
    Preparation is everything these days.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We have a GE 10Kw home generator, runs on NG.
    I have been looking into stuff like this. I am really tempted to get a big set-up in the backyard of the house I get. I saw a house for sale recently that had that as well as its own gas tap. You pretty much had no gas or electric bills cause the house also had solar panels.

Totvi_Podcast

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks

Yes. No questions asked. Keep the dvds, etc. I am about to drop some money on a speed racer dvd set that has the uncut Japanese Mach Racer GO GO episodes . And After that , the Science Ninja Team Gatchaman( G-Force/ Battle of the Planets) . Just for my geekdom. I also have crates of Vinyl as well.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes. No questions asked. Keep the dvds, etc. I am about to drop some money on a speed racer dvd set that has the uncut Japanese Mach Racer GO GO episodes . And After that , the Science Ninja Team Gatchaman( G-Force/ Battle of the Planets) . Just for my geekdom. I also have crates of Vinyl as well.
    I am noticing a trend of people starting to get older content and saving it. Maybe cause moving forward, so much of the newer stuff is just not that great. I am probably going to start burning CDs again just to have newer music I like on physical discs. I started saving older shows I like to a cloud server and may do some dvds as well.