Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

PREY

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
In my opinion, this movie was GARBAGE!
Watched it yesterday and didn't find it as entertaining because it was so . . . can't find the right word to describe it but didn't like how they attempted to portray these fake natives as -natives! I'm sure our TRUE black native Americans didn't move like that either. Characterless, pale as shit with hooked jewish noses and didn't even look warrior like -bunch of kids. They spoke with cheesy white American dialect! Void of authenticity. Predator looked like he had monkey pox! 😂 oscar should go to the DOG!

Nevilous

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Caribbean
Is it good or is a B Movie?
It is good I thought 💭 it was actually better than the other sequels. The original predator and this predator movie 🎥 are my two favorite out of the entire franchise with Predators coming in a close third imho

Nevilous

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Caribbean
What's your verdict on the movie -worth the subscription?🤔
Yes 🙌🏾 absolutely I can’t wait for the Tyson story to come out and the third season of the Wu-Tang series that’s why I haven’t canceled it yet. I’ve had a subscription previously for the first two seasons of the Wu-Tang series then I canceled once that was over but I subscribed again when I saw previews and trailers for the Prey movie seeing it was on Hulu I figured why not give it a try. Now I realize Mike Tyson is coming on end of month so why cancel now and I think Wu-Tang comes out fourth quarter so I’m keeping the subscription until year end at least then reassess renewing form there etc. What about you did you see it yet?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I haven't cared much for the Predator movies since the second movie. I tried to get into the AVP movies and those future movies like Predators and The Predator, but I just couldn't couldn't get into them. But with Prey, it felt like it went back to the basics of what worked.

I thought it was pretty cool that they actually had Comanche subtitles, I hear they actually filmed the whole movie with a Comanche dub as well, so you could watch it in English or Comanche if you wanted to. Props to them for doing that.

I did notice some of the cast spoke English too well though, especially for something that took place in like the 1700s. I doubt Comanche people would have sounded like that while speaking english, and I doubt they would have been able to speak english that good to begin with. But I guess that doesn't matter much when the movie is about an alien like being with future weapons coming down to hunt other predators.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
Yes 🙌🏾 absolutely I can’t wait for the Tyson story to come out and the third season of the Wu-Tang series that’s why I haven’t canceled it yet. I’ve had a subscription previously for the first two seasons of the Wu-Tang series then I canceled once that was over but I subscribed again when I saw previews and trailers for the Prey movie seeing it was on Hulu I figured why not give it a try. Now I realize Mike Tyson is coming on end of month so why cancel now and I think Wu-Tang comes out fourth quarter so I’m keeping the subscription until year end at least then reassess renewing form there etc. What about you did you see it yet?
😁 seems like a good plan. It was disappointing though slick graphics.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What didn't you like about it?
    i didn't like it either. The first Predator went up against elite warriors and even went 1v1 wit the last man standing, this female is maybe 110 pounds soaking wet,and she didn't get a scratch on her "fighting " the predator. The way he died was a joke like he forgot how to use his own tech?
    she takes out a whole camp of grown men, really? the acting was horrid, the story was sub-par and the action was lacking. all around garbage to me.
    I'm a huge fan of the first and second ones, this isn't even close to being on that level.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Watched it yesterday and didn't find it as entertaining because it was so . . . can't find the right word to describe it but didn't like how they attempted to portray these fake natives as -natives! I'm sure our TRUE black native Americans didn't move like that either. Characterless, pale as shit with hooked jewish noses and didn't even look warrior like -bunch of kids. They spoke with cheesy white American dialect! Void of authenticity. Predator looked like he had monkey pox! 😂 oscar should go to the DOG!
    exactly! it feels forced. like they are trying to make you accept these pale "natives" as natives. all of the dudes were built like teens, with nothing masculine or warrior about them. At least in the first one, they made the native Billy a badass.

bsimmons277

Sixer First Class+
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Got a chance to watch it and didn't hate it! A 16-17 year old girl doing all that? "Hollywood" Predator killed and lifted over its head a Grizzly bear! Then took out all those men but she studied what everyone else paid no attention to, his weakness she had something to prove and she did. However my favorite part was Ralphael's gun that was awesome! And I know I'm not the only one who knows the significance of it!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Got a chance to watch it and didn't hate it! A 16-17 year old girl doing all that? "Hollywood" Predator killed and lifted over its head a Grizzly bear! Then took out all those men but she studied what everyone else paid no attention to, his weakness she had something to prove and she did. However my favorite part was Ralphael's gun that was awesome! And I know I'm not the only one who knows the significance of it!
    The gun was a nice Easter egg for fans of the series!

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I couldn't stop laughing at your description and review of the movie because in all honesty, even though they did all they could to work up on the movie's graphics, it lacked core elements linking it up with the race the whole plot took place with.

I saw on upload some days after Prey dropped about Danny Grover in the previous Predator and I agree with it in every way.
    FB_IMG_1660997244735.jpg

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    I couldn't stop laughing at your description and review of the movie because in all honesty, even though they did all they could to work up on the movie's graphics, it lacked core elements linking it up with the race the whole plot took place with.

I saw on upload some days after Prey dropped about Danny Grover in the previous Predator and I agree with it in every way.
    View attachment 3652
    Another thing, they always get their inspiration for these non prosaic characters from black people -laud knows they have a non charismatic history to be in awe about. I came across material about the original samurai and learned he was a 6ft black man with warlike garb similar to that portrayed by predator including the locks -cos whites can't grow locks like ours and don't possess our physique.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Another thing, they always get their inspiration for these non prosaic characters from black people -laud knows they have a non charismatic history to be in awe about. I came across material about the original samurai and learned he was a 6ft black man with warlike garb similar to that portrayed by predator including the locks -cos whites can't grow locks like ours and don't possess our physique.
    That's interesting. I would surely love to get a piece read on that material as well if it's possible. These guys have berm copying us for years, it's just a shame that we haven't found a way to make our culture be in a way that whenever they copy it, people would say hey, that's Black's tradition right there.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    That's interesting. I would surely love to get a piece read on that material as well if it's possible. These guys have berm copying us for years, it's just a shame that we haven't found a way to make our culture be in a way that whenever they copy it, people would say hey, that's Black's tradition right there.
    I think I found it on Pinterest -lots of depictions

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I couldn't take it seriously with how everyone was speaking perfect english at times, especially when it takes place in 1719 or something. I hear they originally intended to have everyone speak comanche, but the fox/disney merger cut that off I guess and they decided to just dub it instead. Other than that, I really liked the look of the predator, but that was about it. It had some cringe dialog throughout as well. Idk, I couldn't take it seriously because of that. And the dumb way they end the movie,
    with how easily she killed the predator with that trap she setup
    . The CGI was really bad though, that bear scene was rough.

Oh and I kinda liked the cinematography though, it was a good looking movie at times.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    I couldn't take it seriously with how everyone was speaking perfect english at times, especially when it takes place in 1719 or something. I hear they originally intended to have everyone speak comanche, but the fox/disney merger cut that off I guess and they decided to just dub it instead. Other than that, I really liked the look of the predator, but that was about it. It had some cringe dialog throughout as well. Idk, I couldn't take it seriously because of that. And the dumb way they end the movie,
    with how easily she killed the predator with that trap she setup
    . The CGI was really bad though, that bear scene was rough.

Oh and I kinda liked the cinematography though, it was a good looking movie at times.
    Yeah, the unconvincing 'native' dialect was an immediate anti climax. Their body language was also incongruous -and pointy jew -ish hooked noises 😂 it was a piss poor rendition but the cinematography saved it from being a total flop. Predator looked like he was on something 😂 They should stop now.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    (SPOILERS AHEAD)

I enjoyed the movie (apart from certain agenda pushing tropes). I thought the angle of it being set in Native American lands in the early 1700s was interesting. Certain fight scenes were really good and showed the severity of nature. Particularly the one between Predator and the Bear. I could feel the intensity and power of both creatures. I like the accurate portrayal of the fur traders, and their french accents sounded more akin to the French that would've been spoken at the time. I'm big on historical fiction overall, so seeing a Predator set in a setting like that was a treat for me. And that's coming from someone who detests rehashes.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love the 1st Predator film even though I was barely one when it came out. I didn't much like the second film with Danny Glover and the setting being in LA. I somewhat liked the Predators film staring Adrian Broody (although it took me a while to even enjoy it at all). I loved AVP (in 2004). I thought it was stupid af but I really enjoyed seeing the Predators fighting the Aliens and the ending (pissed me off). I hated both the other AVP movie and The Predator equally. I still have yet to see the Prey film although I don't think I will be as impressed as other people are with it. I don't like the new "ferrel" predator design nor do I like the fact that the protagonist is a 90 pound woman that somehow tricks the predator into essentially killing himself.