The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Pro -Black Celebrities

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I was looking at the site Cameo with the search "black" , just to see what came back (it was worth a shot) ...

... Out of the contemporary celebrities listed, I just saw Jidenna and Akon (Pan-Africanist bent) ..

Are there any other openly pro-black celebrities (Issae Rae easily comes to mind) either past or present that you can think of?

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Comedians Dick Gregory and Paul Mooney RIP Others no longer with as well, Ali, the 1968 Olympic sprinters, and others.

Presently, and this is subjective obviously. Some people will not approve of some. Some people's standards may be higher.

Denzel Washington
Dave Chapelle
Lauren Hill
Killer Mike
Ice Cube
Master P
Mos Def
Godfrey
Mo'Nique
Kyrie Irving
Talib Kweli
Spike Lee
John Singletary

D

Deleted member 1946

Comedians Dick Gregory and Paul Mooney RIP Others no longer with as well, Ali, the 1968 Olympic sprinters, and others.

Presently, and this is subjective obviously. Some people will not approve of some. Some people's standards may be higher.

Denzel Washington
Dave Chapelle
Lauren Hill
Killer Mike
Ice Cube
Master P
Mos Def
Godfrey
Mo'Nique
Kyrie Irving
Talib Kweli
Spike Lee
John Singletary
Solid list

D

Deleted member 1946

I was looking at the site Cameo with the search "black" , just to see what came back (it was worth a shot) ...

... Out of the contemporary celebrities listed, I just saw Jidenna and Akon (Pan-Africanist bent) ..

Are there any other openly pro-black celebrities (Issae Rae easily comes to mind) either past or present that you can think of?
I'm not that familiar with Issa Rae.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I'm not that familiar with Issa Rae.
To me, she is most famous for being that actress that, when interviewed told everybody that "I'm rooting for everybody black" ...

Real power move ..

She is also famous for being the creator of a hit show 'Insecure' (although, the show can be viewed as slightly minstrel, it wasn't bad compared to some of these other productions) ...

On that, I think she learned from the experience, especially fans calling her out on the showcase ...

.... I'm not a big media consumer myself... I caught a couple episodes then dipped ...