Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

PS5 Selling Like Hot Cakes

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Still? Damn. Those shortages did them wonders, didn't they?

I feel like they purposely were pulling back during COVID cause they wanted people to be more thirsty for the console. I know the chip shortage played a role but you know how the big corporations think - Never let a bad time go wasted!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I feel like they purposely were pulling back during COVID cause they wanted people to be more thirsty for the console. I know the chip shortage played a role but you know how the big corporations think - Never let a bad time go wasted!
    Never let a good crisis go to waste. But Playstation sells like crazy as is so I think that this is just showing the value of the console.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Resellers, from what I see.
    Scalpers, you mean. And many of them use bots, but there's people who don't use bots and are able to get them while some who use bots can struggle to get PS5s too. How are these 3rd party sellers and scalpers able to get them?

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Scalpers, you mean. And many of them use bots, but there's people who don't use bots and are able to get them while some who use bots can struggle to get PS5s too. How are these 3rd party sellers and scalpers able to get them?

That I can't tell you, I'm building a PC next out of frustration lol. I usually wait a year or two before getting new systems anyway

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Even with all that's been sold already, millions of gamers are still waiting for PlayStation 5 to be available and I'm among those whom are eagerly waiting for it to hit the market once again. Some gamers are even purchasing from scalpers because they can't wait.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Even with all that's been sold already, millions of gamers are still waiting for PlayStation 5 to be available and I'm among those whom are eagerly waiting for it to hit the market once again. Some gamers are even purchasing from scalpers because they can't wait.
    I read reports and reviews from people buying broken, defective, and dysfunctional PS5s from certain scalpers and third party sellers. I'm pretty sure I recall that some reported about missing parts as well.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA

My exact thoughts! They did create an artificial scarcity to make more gamers hungry for the console. This can only be the reason more of these gamers can pay outrageous amounts to get the Playstation 5.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    My exact thoughts! They did create an artificial scarcity to make more gamers hungry for the console. This can only be the reason more of these gamers can pay outrageous amounts to get the Playstation 5.
    This is what pisses me off about corporations like this. Like we are in a time where for millions, money is beyond tight. Prices keep going up and some people look to gaming as a way to unwind and relieve some stress but they are left paying high prices which only adds to the stress.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As for me, I'm not tired of waiting for them. Even if it takes them 100 years to get it all out in the market for us to purchase, I'm definitely going to wait for it. I will never be pushed into the path of buying anything from Scalpers that I know indirectly works for them because there is no way they can be in business without Sony knowing about it.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always tell people do not buy from scalpers, just don't give in. I got lucky and got a PS5 last March, I got it from Best Buy. What I did was I had both my laptop open and my phone, I just kept refreshing the page. At some point prior, I did add it to my cart.
    If everyone stopped buying from them then they'd stop locking up all the PS5s.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    This is what pisses me off about corporations like this. Like we are in a time where for millions, money is beyond tight. Prices keep going up and some people look to gaming as a way to unwind and relieve some stress but they are left paying high prices which only adds to the stress.

I would blame capitalism for this. The hunger to make more money has led a lot of firms and companies to behave the way they want without considerations on what it would cost. That's truly not the best way to go about life in general and I hope things change fast.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would blame capitalism for this. The hunger to make more money has led a lot of firms and companies to behave the way they want without considerations on what it would cost. That's truly not the best way to go about life in general and I hope things change fast.
    I don't think capitalism is the issue. That is just a free market and exchange of supplies for fair market value. This is not fair and it is not right. I would consider this corporate greed hiding behind capitalism.

D

Deleted member 191

I'm already sitting but thanks for the suggestion anyways. Hope you have fun on your PS5 tonight.
    go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Selling like hot cakes? Where do people find PS5's in the first place. Just wait until those big name games like those from EA and Warner Brothers can't sell enough copies to make a profit. I think this manufactured shortage will be over.
    PS5 is the hottest selling console what you tahlmbout?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What I mean is that the number of game copies ready for sale won't match the number of PS5 owners because of the shortage. 20 mil copies of a game > 10 mil playstations in circulation
    Yeah but you won’t have 20 million copies without 20 million PlayStations so what’s your point?

ajlamothe

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah but you won’t have 20 million copies without 20 million PlayStations so what’s your point?
    My point is that corporations like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy order copies of games for sale in their retail locations ahead of a game's release date. These three corporations have no idea how many PS5's are actually in use. All the companies know is that normally, they can expect to sell let's say 20 million copies of a game. Some game companies, like WB Games, recently stopped production of Gotham Knights for PS4 which cut their profit because now they are about to produce a game for a system in short supply. WB Games is not going make back the money put out produce a game just for PS5. Retail stores cannot sell 20 million copies of Gotham Knights if 10 million people have a PS5 and 35 mil people have a PS4.

Creating a product for PS5 and PS4 systems is why EA and Activision will have no problem making a profit this year. They know that Madden and COD, respectively, are two games that are almost guaranteed to hit profit projections on a yearly basis.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My point is that corporations like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy order copies of games for sale in their retail locations ahead of a game's release date. These three corporations have no idea how many PS5's are actually in use. All the companies know is that normally, they can expect to sell let's say 20 million copies of a game. Some game companies, like WB Games, recently stopped production of Gotham Knights for PS4 which cut their profit because now they are about to produce a game for a system in short supply. WB Games is not going make back the money put out produce a game just for PS5. Retail stores cannot sell 20 million copies of Gotham Knights if 10 million people have a PS5 and 35 mil people have a PS4.

Creating a product for PS5 and PS4 systems is why EA and Activision will have no problem making a profit this year. They know that Madden and COD, respectively, are two games that are almost guaranteed to hit profit projections on a yearly basis.
    Oh I see what you’re saying now, got it. I don’t think it’s manufactured. Cars are having the same issues.