Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You know infinitely way more about Tariq trying to get a permit than I do. I didn't look at at the emails or whatever. I focused on Rashad, the group and what he was about.
    I've never posted any detailed opinion about Tariq's attempt to get a permit because frankly, I don't know the facts. And before someone says 'maybe you should'. No, you should. There are some occasions I don't even listen to Tariq (like when he's trading insults with non FBA, sellouts, etc.).

"Hidden Colors Quartet" lol....oh goodness.

So, for the record, 'The Great Permit Debate' will have to happen without me. I don't know the details. lol

I do think it would have been better for him and Rashad to have a private conversation. But I would agree that Tariq shouldn't attend. Watch, observe and decide after you think you have enough info either way.

Finally, I think these kinds of conversations are needed. Gotta clear the air of things sometimes.
    The permit issue is why this all started so you cannot have an opinion on what I’m saying until you research it.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I believe the code is the leader. I can't speak for anyone else including Tariq. But I learned the concept of the code being the leader from him (and PBT and TBA have stated as such but on less occasions).

I'm not gonna debate about Tariq. You already made it known. Good. I'm gonna keep doing me and part of that is continuing listening to him (and others) and supporting their projects until such time I can no longer do it according to my personal code of right and wrong, etc.

Don't know what else to say.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Just dropping this here. This space is being recorded, and it is interesting (at the moment, I'm listening live).

I didn’t know Tezlyn was part Latino.

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Again, there is no way you can be deep in the reparations space enough for you to start a reparations organization and not come across Dr. Claud Anderson and Tariq early.
    Lee and Booker know better to even holla at Tariq. They won't go near Dr. Claud Anderson, but both of them hollared at you to be part of a reparations protest in DC? Nah....HUGE red flag.
    Everyone who is who knows each other in that space. Not everyone gets along (ADOS, FBA for example) but you know who everyone is. If he was on instagram or whatever for a couple years. He started or at least is representing an reparations organization but you no one of note has heard of you. The brother Naiheim? (don't know how to spell his name), vouched for him. That's a good start BUT its not enough. Naiheim seems to be saying "I vouch for him, done" What? If a guy was in town and my boy said such and such is in town, I vouch for him, that's cool on a personal level but not when there are literally 100s of thousands of people who trust your judgement. You vouching for him is a start not the end. There are people who are really cool with Tariq but also cool with people Tariq don't get along with. The sista Jezlyn has said that.
    Rashad seems to be of the mindset, lets hash it out over a few days and we good. Nah, Tariq and Jason Black knew of each other for a few years before they became cool. It wasn't any overnight thing.
    People seem like they tryna rush things and Rashad ought to respect that he can't just get put on by Tariq after a phone call.
    No one who is well respected in this space is going to consider Sheila Jackson Lee and Cory Booker to speak. None. The only ones who would would the ADOS leaders perhaps and that's about it.
    The best thing to do is let him have his thing, watch from a safe distance and then when TBA, Tariq or others feel secure enough, then holla.
    🇹yes, 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Just listened to one of these spaces Tariq did. Now he's claiming he pushed the rally back and didn't cancel it.
    Dude can't admit a wrong on the simplest shit.

Hilarious How the FBI Let him get the permit after another group got one.
    If I heard Tariq correctly they kept stalling...so he gave up. After seeing how this other group got theirs so quickly he decided to apply again for November 5th and hired a company that specializes in getting permits and I assume would know the specific folks to holla at in the government to get it done.

Unless I heard things wrong or don't know all info, is what I am saying incorrect?

All that said, and Tariq is not perfect, a big reason why I want him relevant is I can't think of anyone who brings in the number of blacks to this than him. If there is another I'd like to know. I'm not saying he's the best representative. I think he's good but as with any person they are not perfect.

Tariq has numbers, gets invited on mainstream more than any other in this space. He's the biggest we have in terms of 'conversion' meaning the black masses in America (and abroad) joining us.

He also has the longest list of delivering projects. No one has matched his projects (movies, etc) since Hidden Colors I. I'm not saying others haven't' done important work. They have. We each have a role, we each have a lane. Maybe they can but I don't think Dr. Watkins, ADOS people, Jason Black, anyone could get a million dollars for a museum in 30 days. I doubted it could be done, I contributed at first, then it seemed like it wasn't going to happen so I put in my little 2 cents more and I was shocked actually.

That's reach. His crowdfunding always reaches their goals (shout out to TBA as well, he gets his done). So, people can make complaints about the big 3 or big 4 (who is the 4th?) but they have a long record, consistency on projects AND THEY BRING IN MORE BLACKS. TBA may eventually catch Tariq in subs, he's been growing rapidly. All this is good. Tariq isn't perfect. No he isn't but he brings in people, PBT brings in people. TBA brings in people. So does everyone else. I know some sisters who look past Dr. Umar's obvious issues but f*ck with him heavy because he is the most ardent, most eloquent speaker on black love. Until you (not you specifically but anyone) can find others who can bring in the numbers and get projects done like these cats, projects that help bring in others, then I'll keep supporting them until any of them is too off code for me.

I am not saying any one should be supporting him. Support any voice in the movement you can rock with. All the roads will lead to the same end eventually. All this criticism, etc, is a good thing as it clears the air and lets those who don't know things see aspects of people in the space and decide who they wanna listen to or rock with.

The code is still the leader and its that code that I see people are using to make their arguments and that is a good thing. I used that same code to drop a few voices in this space. Make your own discernment. But at the end of the day, we all want the same thing and as I've said before, you are all ten toes down, and its the main reason I love this space. I don't know any other that has this type of energy.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just listened to one of these spaces Tariq did. Now he's claiming he pushed the rally back and didn't cancel it.
    Dude can't admit a wrong on the simplest shit.

Hilarious How the FBI Let him get the permit after another group got one.
    Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

That woman Tara backed him into a corner and he said "I'm a boss" that's when you know he lost. His inability to take criticism shows that he has no business leading a sandwich out of a paper bag. He is an entertainer and that's it. Think about it...he asks for our money every project but feels he's so much better than us that he doesn't have to answer any of our questions.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I didn’t know Tezlyn was part Latino.

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
    She was also part of Bernie Sanders campaign before. So far though she sounds thorough. I'd like to see her work with Marcel's next campaign and others who are running for office.
    On a side note, I'd like to see us run on a reparations platform in local races, those are winnable. I'm also including school boards. They are trying to remove any mention of black history by calling it critical race theory.

Anyway, her being part latina should be a red flag, then you watch what she says and what she does more intently. If she's saying the right things and is consistent and has the respect of those in this space, I'll rock with her. Support her. Just like anyone else.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    She was also part of Bernie Sanders campaign before. So far though she sounds thorough. I'd like to see her work with Marcel's next campaign and others who are running for office.
    On a side note, I'd like to see us run on a reparations platform in local races, those are winnable. I'm also including school boards. They are trying to remove any mention of black history by calling it critical race theory.

Anyway, her being part latina should be a red flag, then you watch what she says and what she does more intently. If she's saying the right things and is consistent and has the respect of those in this space, I'll rock with her. Support her. Just like anyone else.
    But Tariq said if you're half-FBA you can't speak for the community. He said you can be an ally but you can't speak. But he's on stage with someone who is half-FBA speaking on our issues.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    But Tariq said if you're half-FBA you can't speak for the community. He said you can be an ally but you can't speak. But he's on stage with someone who is half-FBA speaking on our issues.
    And Bernie Sanders is known for being against reparations for black people. He publicly said it more than once.

Supabrett

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I heard Tariq correctly they kept stalling...so he gave up. After seeing how this other group got theirs so quickly he decided to apply again for November 5th and hired a company that specializes in getting permits and I assume would know the specific folks to holla at in the government to get it done.

Unless I heard things wrong or don't know all info, is what I am saying incorrect?

A.K.A.......cancelled it.
    He's a Major Bullshitter that got exposed so he was forced to get his shit together.

Even Roland Martin rocked his jaw about this :
    View: https://youtu.be/PXqRiMWaHKE?t=8166

lol

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    A.K.A.......cancelled it.
    He's a Major Bullshitter that got exposed so he was forced to get his shit together.

Even Roland Martin rocked his jaw about this :
    View: https://youtu.be/PXqRiMWaHKE?t=8166

lol

When Roland Martin can rock your jaw about something that is not a good luck. Bedeep deep deep. I was disappointed in this whole ordeal. What I'm even more disappointed in is the people that keep defending it. He is clearly in the wrong and people are outright ignoring it.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Again..and again, tell me someone who has a long list of delivering major projects? Dr. Umar couldn't get one school done. Tariq and TBA have a long track record of delivering. I tend to take for granted that someone with that track record says the government stalled on the permit is more likely to be believed than otherwise.

That's me. For others, no. And that's fine. And I'll donate to any movie he, TBA or anyone else (I donated to Dr. Umar's school years ago). If it turns out they didn't deliver, I and most people will stop.

This is going in circles. Some folks don't like, trust, whatever Tariq, fine. I'm good. I probably support those that you agree with as well. I haven't heard any other people mentioned. Let's just play that game...okay, Don't support Tariq, etc, who would anyone recommend listening and subscribing to?

The Roland Martin video is 2 hours long. I skipped around hoping to hear about it. If you have a specific minute, that would make it easier. I'm not listening to 2 hours of Roland. And actually, I dismiss him pretty much. If we are using Roland now as a source about Tariq....LOLOLOL...y'all reaching....REALLY REACHING. When has Roland's opinion been relevant? If y'all wasn't so down I'd be looking at you sideways....LOL. But I won't. I can't get past that oooooooooold n*gga in the cowboy hat. I'm hearing a lot of Democratic shill n*gga babble about voting looking for the section you are referring to.

Did Tariq say non FBA couldn't speak at all or couldn't represent the movement to white folks, etc.? Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly (and I am open to stand corrected). I heard him say about not having non FBAs on reparations committees like the one in California. As far as speaking in meetings that's just us (meaning all black meetings), find me a clip where non FBAs can't speak at all. Maybe he has and if he does, I'd disagree. I'd suggest that its great to hear from all voices of support. Again, supporting reparations for FBAs is being on code. Simple as that. Would any of you tell Julius Malema he can't speak at a conference of blacks if he was ten toes down about supporting reparations? My guess is y'all would welcome him. Again, not leading, but to have a guy of his stature speaking at a conference or even a march on why he and other non FBAs should support it.

I completely agree with that no non FBA should NOT be on any reparations panel where we are dealing with white folks. I don't care how down they are. Same as if there shouldn't be an FBA on Caricom reparations group dealing with the Brits and French or with the former colonies in Africa.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Lee and Booker reached out to him.
    This is what I'm asking about. I only like to deal in facts. I've heard the complete opposite multiple times and I've been in a lot of these spaces surrounding this issue. Where did you hear this, and who said it?

This is what Tariq said, yes. He decided not to hold the rally/march because of the stalling tactics and the fact the FBI (allegedly) showed up to his house. He wanted people to be safe. He announced the new date only after info about Rashad's march came out.

That woman Tara backed him into a corner and he said "I'm a boss"
    Yes, this is also not the first time I've heard Tariq say something along the lines of, "If I said it, so what?" This is disturbing behavior that should not be ignored. If it's not called out now, it's only going to get worse.

Again..and again, tell me someone who has a long list of delivering major projects?
    No one (at least not me) is discrediting his past works. History of delivering major projects should not be a shield for disrespectful and (dare I say) off-code behavior. It should not. Mark my words... if no one checks it now. It will get worse. This is how these types of personalities are.

The Roland Martin video is 2 hours long. I skipped around hoping to hear about it. If you have a specific minute, that would make it easier. I'm not listening to 2 hours of Roland.
    If you click the link under the video (not sure if you can see it) it takes you to YouTube directly at the 2:16:06 mark.

I completely agree with that no non FBA should NOT be on any reparations panel where we are dealing with white folks. I don't care how down they are
    Then Tezlyn should have only been in the background of the Revolt summit. Not speaking or answering questions. She mentioned Jim Crow as a reason for why we need reparations during an interview/show she was on with Tariq, but people are bashing a flyer that mentions it too? Folks need to be consistent.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, this is also not the first time I've heard Tariq say something along the lines of, "If I said it, so what?" This is disturbing behavior that should not be ignored. If it's not called out now, it's only going to get worse.
    He is saying he is not accountable to the community. He can do what he wants whenever he wants. But his fans like it so whatever.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Rashad himself said he had communications with Lee and Booker about being at the rally. I'm not going to listen through hours of podcasts. Others heard the same thing. Accept it or don't, its fine. You are perfectly within your rights not to. I won't complain if you do. My best recollection is Lee and Booker contacted him. I may have gotten it twisted before but that's my best recollection. Either way, my point was if Lee and Booker feel comfortable going to someone to speak its a huge red flag. Lee had a chance to invite anyone in the space to the congressional hearing. She didn't get anyone that is widely respected by the collective who are deeply in the reparations space. If you are saying there is no communication either by him or them then that is something altogether. I'm not the only one on this site who heard it.

Check Tariq. I have no issues with anyone checking anyone in that space if they feel they need to be checked.
    But I will say this. He is the biggest draw for reparations. And whether he or you or I like it or not, he is the face of it more than anyone else. And in my humble opinion he does a good job of defending reparations when debating people who aren't for it. To some, and some are on here, it makes him the de facto leader. To me, it just makes him the most recognized name in the space. I'd guess he's gotten more blacks in the last few years to take on the reparations movement than pretty much anyone. Maybe the ADOS people may have something to say about it but as far as I can tell, he's recruited more blacks to it than pretty much any other. For me personally, his negatives aren't enough for me to drop supporting him. People make their own determination. I've also asked for suggestions other than Tariq to go to for regular discussion and podcasts on reparations. I'm all ears.

Heard the Roland reference. Okay? He's talked about Tariq and others before. My takeaway is he listens and that's a good thing.

Regarding Tezlyn, this may sound like splitting hairs, but the Revolt summit was for black people spoken to by black people. White folks may have been interested but was 'family' as I know it. Fox News, CNN, Congressional hearings are white folks to me. But to some Revolt TV may be seen as talking to white folks. I personally don't see how, but others may differ.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Accept it or don't, its fine. You are perfectly within your rights not to. I won't complain if you do. My best recollection is Lee and Booker contacted him. I may have gotten it twisted before but that's my best recollection. If you are saying there is no communication either by him or them then that is something altogether. I'm not the only one on this site who heard it.

Heard the Roland reference. Okay? He's talked about Tariq and others before. My takeaway is he listens and that's a good thing.

Regarding Tezlyn, this may sound like splitting hairs, but the Revolt summit was for black people spoken to by black people. White folks may have been interested but was 'family' as I know it. Fox News, CNN, Congressional hearings are white folks to me. But to some Revolt TV may be seen as talking to white folks. I personally don't see how, but others may differ.
    Let's get something straight, just because I'm bringing up stuff Tariq is doing, doesn't mean I'm supporting the other guy either. 😂 I've only heard the complete opposite of what you mentioned. If you don't remember, then no worries.

Only gave you the timestamp for the Rollie video because you mentioned you didn't see what someone was talking about. I don't care about what he said, either way.

Mentioned Tezlyn because it has been revealed that she is a Latina and shouldn't be speaking on Reparations at that level.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    And Bernie Sanders is known for being against reparations for black people. He publicly said it more than once.
    Bernie really tried to game us into thinking that fixing classism which is white people’s issue would fix our issue which is racism. I wonder how she reconciled that.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Bernie really tried to game us into thinking that fixing classism which is white people’s issue would fix our issue which is racism. I wonder how she reconciled that.
    She gave a nice little twisted story on the breakfast club a few years ago after his organization fired her.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    She said she was part Latina. That's a big difference that no Black blood. She speaks for and is known for black issues. It's good to have someone with experience in political campaigns and how they work etc.

Still, I agree she shouldn't be representing the lineage when talking to white folks. However, my pinion is within the confines of the group, anyone should be able to speak on it if they are supporting it.

Just like this site.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Let's get something straight, just because I'm bringing up stuff Tariq is doing, doesn't mean I'm supporting the other guy either. 😂 I've only heard the complete opposite of what you mentioned. If you don't remember, then no worries.

Only gave you the timestamp for the Rollie video because you mentioned you didn't see what someone was talking about. I don't care about what he said, either way.

Mentioned Tezlyn because it has been revealed that she is a Latina and shouldn't be speaking on Reparations at that level.
    Absolutely no worries. I'll repeat that I think its a good idea to clear the air, etc. Admittedly, the 'tone' of my responses at times can sound a little terse,

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    S/O to Mayoral Candidate Red Grant for showing up to the rally today. It's a shame that he didn't get the party nomination, but I think that he'd be an excellent successor to Muriel Bowser, and he's push for reparations & DC statehood.
    Homie was funny on ComicView. It’s cool to see him get civically engaged.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Homie was funny on ComicView. It’s cool to see him get civically engaged.
    I've met Red a few times, and he was always nice. He's also been saying the right things & going to areas in the city that the other candidates have been avoiding.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's a larger crowd than I thought, actually.
    I respect it.
    like wowww.. there IS a world outside of Twitter Spaces. lol. To me, that really shows he's in the streets to pull that crowd WITHOUT twitter.