The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

Relationships and B1

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
For those who are single, how important is the guy or girl being B1 when you are considering a relationship? And for those in, is your partner/gf/gf/husband/wife committed or maybe you got into the relationship before you were as committed?

I actually personally don't think they have to be as committed as I am, but I don't want a sell out as well. There are a lot of boxes to tick off for anyone. Someone I respect said, find the right sista and she will match your energy in your commitment because women like to see a guy committed in something like that. Hmm...maybe true or not true.

There are of course other factors and if you listen to TBA's The Business or Tariq's old Mack Lessons there are things to consider. I have changed dating patterns. I gotta admit, I didn't trip as much in the past if she dated a white boy, but now I look at that. When? How many? haha....

Marlomanny

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
For those who are single, how important is the guy or girl being B1 when you are considering a relationship? And for those in, is your partner/gf/gf/husband/wife committed or maybe you got into the relationship before you were as committed?

I actually personally don't think they have to be as committed as I am, but I don't want a sell out as well. There are a lot of boxes to tick off for anyone. Someone I respect said, find the right sista and she will match your energy in your commitment because women like to see a guy committed in something like that. Hmm...maybe true or not true.

There are of course other factors and if you listen to TBA's The Business or Tariq's old Mack Lessons there are things to consider. I have changed dating patterns. I gotta admit, I didn't trip as much in the past if she dated a white boy, but now I look at that. When? How many? haha....
I feel the same way I'm guilty of dating a white woman but that never torn my away from the importance of my people but now I'm dating a sister from Chicago but I'm worried bc I feel like she going emasculate my future sons bc she said she'll allow my son to play with Barbie dolls and I told her that if my son want to live a "certain" lifestyle he could do that if he's older but not my house. Example let's he's 14-15 and he want to do make up or do dancing or something feminine I will allow if that's what he wants to by his decision I don't want it to be outside influence to convincing him that this is okay I hope that makes sense. I love her deeply but I have a feeling that once we have kids she won't let me teach or parent our kids.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA

It's super important. I'm allergic to raccoons. I married a man who was one and it ruined our marriage. I'm dirty South blackitty Black Black and I keep nigga thoughts at all times. 😂 I'm educated and accomplished, but I ride Black 24/7. Old school, came from a strong, Black man upbringing. Compromising is always going to be problematic. Dudes who swirl are no-gos for me. They clearly have issues (i.e. self-hate) and I'm not trying to be mixed all in that. I'm single and I don't mind staying that way until the right brother comes along who is B1 and know we are the people.

I definitely believe in matching commitment. I know I bring a lot to the table and can compliment a brother very well, but if he doesn't demonstrate energy, commitment, and respect, it's hard to see the potential. Being B1 is imperative. At this point, it's a matter of life and death. I need a brother who understands we are at war. Most don't. Those who do have been burned plenty by alpha chicks, ratcheds and closeted feminists and are now jaded. It's harder to date these days because true B1s are only a remnant of us. If you’re not already committed, it's gonna be hard to find someone these days.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I feel the same way I'm guilty of dating a white woman but that never torn my away from the importance of my people but now I'm dating a sister from Chicago but I'm worried bc I feel like she going emasculate my future sons bc she said she'll allow my son to play with Barbie dolls and I told her that if my son want to live a "certain" lifestyle he could do that if he's older but not my house. Example let's he's 14-15 and he want to do make up or do dancing or something feminine I will allow if that's what he wants to by his decision I don't want it to be outside influence to convincing him that this is okay I hope that makes sense. I love her deeply but I have a feeling that once we have kids she won't let me teach or parent our kids.
Baby, you're already considering compromising against what's right and natural. Please don't take this the wrong way. The problem isn't her, the problem is you. As soon as she said she'd consider allowing your son play with dolls, she was informing you she's was a New Age, LGBTQ agenda loving Black woman who is white on the inside. That's not out culture. As a parent, man, and the head of your household you’re responsible for setting the tone and culture for your family. If you don’t agree on child rearing and culture, you shouldn't have kids together.

You probably should walk away before any children are born. This is one of those subtle signs people tend to overlook when deciding if someone should be a long-term mate. You're blinded by love today. You'll regret that love later when this person you clash with culturally goes against your desires for childbearing. That type of energy is not what you need. Be careful. Tread lightly.

Shoutout13

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Baby, you're already considering compromising against what's right and natural. Please don't take this the wrong way. The problem isn't her, the problem is you. As soon as she said she'd consider allowing your son play with dolls, she was informing you she's was a New Age, LGBTQ agenda loving Black woman who is white on the inside. That's not out culture. As a parent, man, and the head of your household you’re responsible for setting the tone and culture for your family. If you don’t agree on child rearing and culture, you shouldn't have kids together.

You probably should walk away before any children are born. This is one of those subtle signs people tend to overlook when deciding if someone should be a long-term mate. You're blinded by love today. You'll regret that love later when this person you clash with culturally goes against your desires for childbearing. That type of energy is not what you need. Be careful. Tread lightly.
Agreed.
He already followed after saying he was worried ... with confirmation that she intended to encourage things that should worry him.

I agree he is blinded by love because he's asking for advice on how to reconcile the unacceptable. He senses that he's about to be unequally yoked but he wants someone to "declare it equal". But it's a situation that will go in circles as both will be rowing the boat in opposite directions.

And also it's even more unacceptable that the values of the children would get corrupted on purpose.

Better to walk away while you can and keep looking than to set yourself up to invite disrespect and disaster.

Sun Light

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin

Yes I'd prefer a guy coming into the relationship with that mentality.. However a B1 mentality is not a common trait with either gender outside our groups on social media.. So I'd be ok with someone who didn't have it but open to developing one.. Mind you I'm speaking from my experiences and environment that may or may or may not be a significant factor..

Sun Light

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
What about a non Black person who 'seems' empathetic and riding? Or its a nah from jump?
If you would, would it be different depending the non black person?
Latino? Arab? White? Asian?

What about a non FBA but they are B1 and line up in belief?

or are you no compromises?
Dealing with a non black person is another set of issues all together.. From what I've seen black men and women are only an upgrade to each other.. So no compromises..

Sun Light

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
What about a non Black person who 'seems' empathetic and riding? Or its a nah from jump?
If you would, would it be different depending the non black person?
Latino? Arab? White? Asian?

What about a non FBA but they are B1 and line up in belief?

or are you no compromises?
To me it's to easy and convenient for them to bait and switch..

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Maybe I am selfish for thinking this way, but the importance of my own relationship factors in more than the importance of everyone else's lives and what they have going on. Like I am not going to be in a relationship with a dude who is trying to play superman. I want a family. I want him to focus on me, our children, and protecting us. Stand his ground when he has to be keep us at the top of his priority. Everything else is secondary.

Marlomanny

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I appreciate your words of wisdom

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    If you can't see yourself holed up with her/him in some type of bomb shelter armed to the teeth with survival gear and a stockpile of food, weapons, and medicine, that person is not for you. B1 is the only means to survival for Black people. This was probably the most important lesson I gathered from the past pandemic. Not everyone wants to survive. A lot of people are cowards, a lot of people just want to hide their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. How you gonna protect your family when your spouse wants to constantly engage in activities that compromise your family's safety? You really need to imagine an end of the world scenario with that person possibly being the last option as a mate. Just my young opinion.

TJ_

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Extremely important. We must share the same lineage for me to feel like our relationship could be successful. Like you have to be able to relate to some of the good and or not so good things I’ve experienced and also have to be able to know how important we respect one another is. And he also has to have a really great relationship with his mom.

TJ_

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do not reproduce with her. End of story.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Totally makes sense. I'm like wtf, play with barbies! It's like some things in media, I feel the agenda! Tough situation Champ. I have no input, but that Miss would be toast, all due respect ✊🏿

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I dated a woman from Inglewood, CA one time and when we got on B1 topics I found out she had a coon mentality. It was disheartening, it put some distance in between us that’s for sure. I ended up having to let the birdie fly away.
    Imagine having a parent like that!!🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    B1 mentality is not a common trait with either gender outside our groups on social media.. So I'd be ok with someone who didn't have it but open to developing one..
    That would be a key one for me. The levels of brainwashing we have all experienced means no-one will be perfect, we are all victims in this society. However, the relationship needs to be working towards Black empowerment mentality, otherwise its a no from me.