The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Saving money on food - tips + tricks

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Since food is getting more expensive, I thought having a thread on saving money on food would be handy.

I am always looking for new places to shop, getting better deals, and learning tips and tricks to stretch my food further.

Share some shopping tips, tricks, or just general ways you stretch your dollar further when it comes to buying food. You can include saving money on take-out as well.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    -I try to buy in bulk, especially from Sam's Club.
    -Using coupons is a must!
    -Always look at the sales papers for different stores. You may be able to catch a good deal on some meat or something else you need.
    -Do those surveys on your receipts. For some stores you get extra discounts on gas, others give you a chance to win a gift card. This lets you use your saved money on food.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    My sister in law is the queen of coupons, groupons and such. Also, I travel a lot so I use credit cards with great travel points. I've traveled business class for a hundred dollars a couple times. But some of those same cards have cash back programs that are very useful. Caveat, they are credit cards so I recommend them being paid off in full or damn near each month. If you have the cash for a big purchase, use the card for the points.

Speaking of buying in bulk, ask family and friends to buy in bulk with you. A 6 month supply of whatever may be too costly and ineffiecient for you but if 2 or 3 buy it, you get the savings and don't have to worry about storing for a long time.

Inexepensive, but healthy snacks to cut back on big meals as well.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wish I could get my coupon game on lock. I have tried to use them and I just end up forgetting every damn time. I also don't plan ahead. This woman my mom is friends with has been doing it for years and she has gotten $300 worth of groceries for less than $50 before. I am mind blown by it. It is legit a science!