Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Serious Question: Is Anyone Considering Or About To Run For Public Office?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is the ONLY way for us to get #reparations, we MUST become the candidates that we not only DESERVE but NEED.
    How do we empower each other to run? Where do we begin? Not asking to stifle or to deflect I'm genuinely asking.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I agree. I often think about running because someone has to but then my issue is it’ll take away from what I’m building here.
    Also, if you're a Black politician, male or female & you CAN'T BE CORRUPTED BY THE SYSTEM, they'll QUICKLY THROW YOU UNDER SEVERAL BUSES! 💯

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Not planning on running myself, but I am planning on taking Tezlyn’s Push the Line class as soon as the next one opens. I want to get in the background of my local politics. 🖤
    Which is a great first start to becoming more politically astute.

ShowStopper

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I ran at one point in Illinois, then said "I will only run again once I personally have money". That was when I was believing that "Black and Brown" and all those other topics. I dropped out very early. I had mostly white crowds that would give standing ovations about the "all lives matter" type of talk.

But...I would say that I won't run now, because I had the SEC on me for me violating a rule in crypto I didn't know was there. So, I'm always there to support at the current moment. I am building companies and building up people right now.

If I see no major change in the next 4 years from 2023, then I will decide to put my hat back in there. I would have pushed at my business and building people, but if that doesn't work for me directly, and in a way that I can help others, then I don't know.

I listened to something that Jason Black said recently, about that $300 million given to immigrants and illegals in NY. He mentioned that if we were given that type of money just ONE year then we would be thriving and expanding.

My goal is personally to be a billionaire (for tech venture reasons and other reasons), and I already intended to drop $1 billion on a black area, but then realized how little money that is. But realizing that black people doing so much with so little, I will still do that.

But as for running, I am getting my economic house in order.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is the ONLY way for us to get #reparations, we MUST become the candidates that we not only DESERVE but NEED.
    All true. Way 2 many skeletons in my closet. Next move is to attend a Push The Line training. Atlanta on 12/3 seems fully booked. Hopefully she has another 1 soon thereafter.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    But...I would say that I won't run now, because I had the SEC on me for me violating a rule in crypto I didn't know was there. So, I'm always there to support at the current moment. I am building companies and building up people right now.
    Exactly why we need legal counsel because they have so many tricks they play. I want to run and I think I will. I just have to be ready for the push back.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It says I'm a "new member" even though I've been registered for a few months. I guess because I only posted just today? Either way, it's all good. Enjoy the platform nonetheless :-)
    You don’t get off new member status until you get 25 props.

ShowStopper

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly why we need legal counsel because they have so many tricks they play. I want to run and I think I will. I just have to be ready for the push back.
    Yeah, it was something I could have known if I did a bit more research. I really think it was a stretch, even speaking to lawyers after the fact, but as it was accepted and many people bow down to these 3-letter organizations just off jump...it is really no going back at this point.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yeah, it was something I could have known if I did a bit more research. I really think it was a stretch, even speaking to lawyers after the fact, but as it was accepted and many people bow down to these 3-letter organizations just off jump...it is really no going back at this point.
    That shit could have been to railroad you to get you out the paint. They always looking for a way to get you. They may find out a gap in yo movement and sit on it until it’s time to make you go away.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So from what I have heard, many of us are not planning to run but want to support candidates? Okay, good.

However, how are we going to "support" Reparationists candidates if WE DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!?

We are just going to sit on our collective @$$es and wait for Superman to appear!!!?

Stuff like this, this sorry attitude of wait for Superman, wait for someone else to do it, is the main thing that disgusts me to the point of wanting to completely give up on this whole thing!

How do you fight for a people that will not even stand up and fight for themselves!?

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So from what I have heard, many of us are not planning to run but want to support candidates? Okay, good.

However, how are we going to "support" Reparationists candidates if WE DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!?

We are just going to sit on our collective @$$es and wait for Superman to appear!!!?

Stuff like this, this sorry attitude of wait for Superman, wait for someone else to do it, is the main thing that disgusts me to the point of wanting to completely give up on this whole thing!

How do you fight for a people that will not even stand up and fight for themselves!?
    I’m thinking find other Black Americans in my home state who support lineage based reparations and are interested in running for office. Then I can connect with them on social media. Support them any way that I can.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Gearing up to run for my State Assembly District in 2024. I have ran for office before. This will be my second attempt. I completely agree with you!! Everyone should consider it and also become involved in party State and local “county committees . These are the party organizations that run the party platform and agendas. We need more B1s in these spaces to advocate for Reparations inside the party platform committees, which set the party’s priority issues list. One can also run for caucuses and club leadership. For example, I ran for and served as President of the North Las Vegas Towmnship-Democratic club. There are so many moving parts that we can all be involved in.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Also, if you're a Black politician, male or female & you CAN'T BE CORRUPTED BY THE SYSTEM, they'll QUICKLY THROW YOU UNDER SEVERAL BUSES! 💯
    Very true, it’s a dance to navigate, but if. You’re up for the challenge, one has to be very observant..Get to know everyone and find a supporter that is connected to the system leadership and will go to bat for you. I’m here for anyone who is interested in running.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Marcel can probably explain or say way better than I can because he was personally involved but the important thing is to run. Winning is gravy at this point, but not necessary.

Why? Because just by running on a reparations for FBA platform alone will get noticed. There are a number local and state sites that list all candidates and their platforms.

It's very powerful to have 'reparations' on political sites. Do this enough across the country it becomes part of the political conversation. That would be fantastic. We want it discussed because we know all the anti reparations talking points and can easily counter them.

They can deflect, gaslight, lie, but it can't stop straight up facts, reason and logic. And it should be at all levels, even if you're running for dog catcher. And if enough of us run at any and all level, there will be someone or some people who win. We only need one. And it snowballs.

I'm going to bore you (a lot haha), but in the late 1800s there was a new political party that ran on one issue only. Anti immigration. They were nicknamed the Know Nothing party. They even got a decent amount of votes for president as a 3rd party. They won a lot of small elections in city council, mayors, state legislatures. We get on code, we will do the same. Especially in majority black districts and areas.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Marcel can probably explain or say way better than I can because he was personally involved but the important thing is to run. Winning is gravy at this point, but not necessary.

Why? Because just by running on a reparations for FBA platform alone will get noticed. There are a number local and state sites that list all candidates and their platforms.

It's very powerful to have 'reparations' on political sites. Do this enough across the country it becomes part of the political conversation. That would be fantastic. We want it discussed because we know all the anti reparations talking points and can easily counter them.

They can deflect, gaslight, lie, but it can't stop straight up facts, reason and logic. And it should be at all levels, even if you're running for dog catcher. And if enough of us run at any and all level, there will be someone or some people who win. We only need one. And it snowballs.

I'm going to bore you (a lot haha), but in the late 1800s there was a new political party that ran on one issue only. Anti immigration. They were nicknamed the Know Nothing party. They even got a decent amount of votes for president as a 3rd party. They won a lot of small elections in city council, mayors, state legislatures. We get on code, we will do the same. Especially in majority black districts and areas.
    THANK YOU!!!! Even if we "lose", the MESSAGE wins because the message is able to go far further than it was able to do originally. That is how a movement gains powerful political presence.

zBucks
    I wish I was capable of running for any kind of office, but there's no way I could handle the job. To be in politics, you have to be crazy, no joke. You have to be able to take it, just as much as dish it. And I'm not smart enough for politics, and I would probably just hold things back than progress them. But, I wish we were represented more in politics, because the more of us who go in, the better things will be.

But for me, I'm not the type to rally people together, I'm not charismatic like that. And I think I'd rather have actual politicians fight for us than do it myself, or just have someone better suited for the job than me.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

We all have to accept this hand slap. I'm just as guilty as everyone else. NOOOOOW politics isn't for everyone but there are people that are more than capable that DO NOT run and those are the people who need to let this be the fire up under their rear end.

If you're not built for politics you need to be leveraging whatever talents you have to empower us. You're effectively waiting for Superman in some other capacity of your life.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I still lived in Texas I might consider running cause of local support but I moved to Colorado and the black population is only 3% of the population and I refuse to cater to white supremacy. However im all for supporting our homegrown grassroots candidates wherever they might be. I have always been into politics. But I have learned having resources for the community is a precursor to diving inti politics.

How do we feel about creating or funding a B1 super pac. That way we can aggregate our money together all over the country in order to better fund our grassroots candidates.
    I think Tezlyn mentioned pacs at the reparations rally. That could help us unite and empower our own without being in the same state.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know those in the dominant society can jump into politics quicker as an individual due to not haaving to worry about the financial upstart component. I think if we can leap frog this deficit by funding our candidates with Black Super Pac money. I think then we could gather more candidates to get from.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Very, very few people are cut out to run for politics for a myriad of reasons but the great thing about this is that we can all participate.
    I was happy to donate to Marcel's campaign and wish I would have given more (PS: you can still help)
    Even if its $20, you can do something. If 5,000, 10,000 gives that. The gofundme system is a perfect example. Look at Tariq's projects. I'm just guessing but I'd be surprised if the average contribution was over $50.
    The amount we give for his movies or the museum could be done for our candidates. Not just monetary. Your social media, via your avatar, screen pic, whatever. And if you are in the area of a candidate, put in a few hours after work or a Saturday afternoon for a candidate.

You meet like minded people and network as well while doing a worthy cause.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    MarcelForCongress can we put together some resources to help show people how to get started? We can start with some basic bullet points and then expand over time. It’ll be more productive if we can point to the resource and say “we provided the information, now you gotta do the work”. Also making sure it’s not behind a paywall will make sure more of us can get our hands on it.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Welcome Ashaki, can you share some information about your campaign and how you set it up?
    Hello Jay,
    My platform is God, family, health, and education. My website is nicholsforpresident dot com. I am an independent candidate. I'm considering starting a political party being that both parties have lost their way. If I chose a party it would be republican. Please visit my website and let me know if you have any other questions for me.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My mouth is too sassy to run for public office. I will support grassroots efforts and candidates I believe in, but I honestly in good faith cannot waste my time playing politics in a system that was never built for us. America is a failed state, and I'm waiting for it to collapse. I really believe we're going to be attacked on multiple fronts over the next two years, and I see the country being divided like it was when they had the Confederate States again shortly. I am just trying to preserve my brain cells on helping my people navigate the collapse. This country has done everything necessary to block us from participating in this system as equals, and they've supplanted the population with so many illegal entrants and immigrants it's going to be damned near impossible to get support and accomplish anything.

I'm looking to build a mini nation within a nation, but not politically because it's not really possible anymore. We need to get our economy going and build infrastructures of our own. The money and time doing this are better than participating in Mr. Charlie's corrupt governance structures and social systems.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hello Jay,
    My platform is God, family, health, and education. My website is nicholsforpresident dot com. I am an independent candidate. I'm considering starting a political party being that both parties have lost their way. If I chose a party it would be republican. Please visit my website and let me know if you have any other questions for me.
    What process have you followed so far to become a candidate? I’m asking to help the members here who are interested in getting into politics.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What process have you followed so far to become a candidate? I’m asking to help the members here who are interested in getting into politics.
    I'm registered to vote as an independent candidate. I'm on ballatopia. I'm also registered with the FEC. I have some canned commercials that will be aired in 2023. I've been campaigning on a small scale in Georgia and Indiana.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm registered to vote as an independent candidate. I'm on ballatopia. I'm also registered with the FEC. I have some canned commercials that will be aired in 2023. I've been campaigning on a small scale in Georgia and Indiana.
    Much respect to what you are putting together sister. Wilk definitely check out your site and campaign.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Loving your platform sis. I support your policies and encourage others to check out her campaign site. Extremely B1/FBA

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My mouth is too sassy to run for public office. I will support grassroots efforts and candidates I believe in, but I honestly in good faith cannot waste my time playing politics in a system that was never built for us. America is a failed state, and I'm waiting for it to collapse. I really believe we're going to be attacked on multiple fronts over the next two years, and I see the country being divided like it was when they had the Confederate States again shortly. I am just trying to preserve my brain cells on helping my people navigate the collapse. This country has done everything necessary to block us from participating in this system as equals, and they've supplanted the population with so many illegal entrants and immigrants it's going to be damned near impossible to get support and accomplish anything.

I'm looking to build a mini nation within a nation, but not politically because it's not really possible anymore. We need to get our economy going and build infrastructures of our own. The money and time doing this are better than participating in Mr. Charlie's corrupt governance structures and social systems.
    "But I've come to believe we're integrating into a burning house." - MLK Jr. ....

He was right then, and now ... I think we have to work both fronts, but put much more effort (like 80/20) into the economics, and focus on local politics that matter (policing, electing for appointed judges, reparations - gotta keep pushing for something we are owed, but, my opinion, ... Well, you know, we have needed or own BLOC ) ...

But I agree, we need to focus on economics ... Asians and other races, they don't vote like we do, yet they have appear to have more clout to get things passed bc their economics is on point ...

Dr. Claude A says focus on economics, build that base, then you can buy the politicians...

Last edited:

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I still lived in Texas I might consider running cause of local support but I moved to Colorado and the black population is only 3% of the population and I refuse to cater to white supremacy. However im all for supporting our homegrown grassroots candidates wherever they might be. I have always been into politics. But I have learned having resources for the community is a precursor to diving inti politics.

How do we feel about creating or funding a B1 super pac. That way we can aggregate our money together all over the country in order to better fund our grassroots candidates.
    I think Tezlyn mentioned pacs at the reparations rally. That could help us unite and empower our own without being in the same state.
    We need to do that, fr.. how do we get that started?

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

We understand your critique and sentiment ( for some reason it resonates louder coming straight from an actual politician) .. Definitely can't wait for Superman, he may never come (that's why I'm an advocate for Black Achievement Fund. 2800 ppl contribute monthly, in Garveyite style. We can fund our own liberation) ...

Whatever we decide to do, we must play our part. Do something. We are at the point, doing nothing is .. a vote for stagnation. We gotta get there quick, time is ticking!

Do you have a blog? This is like, conversation that is necessary for a bigger audience ... Right on time

Last edited:

Dkenn

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not planning on running myself, but I am planning on taking Tezlyn’s Push the Line class as soon as the next one opens. I want to get in the background of my local politics. 🖤
    Agreed. I’m not opposed to running but want to put my best foot forward from the jump. Imagine a squad of Marcel Dixon’s, at the local, state and federal level. Whew. Was very impressed with Tezlyn at the rally

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    People are waiting on a savior to magically appear. And when a decent candidate appears, people criticize the crap out of him/her.
    Money talks & we ALL know the rest! If we're NOT putting money towards the politicians we want to serve our people, we'll continue to get KKKOONS who aren't for us & NEVER were!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Agreed. I’m not opposed to running but want to put my best foot forward from the jump. Imagine a squad of Marcel Dixon’s, at the local, state and federal level. Whew. Was very impressed with Tezlyn at the rally
    It would be a game changer.
    People are waiting on a savior to magically appear. And when a decent candidate appears, people criticize the crap out of him/her.
    In many respects. We have too much wishful thinking in a life or death situation.
    Money talks & we ALL know the rest! If we're NOT putting money towards the politicians we want to serve our people, we'll continue to get KKKOONS who aren't for us & NEVER were!
    But to Marcel’s point, if no one runs there’s nobody to support.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    "But I've come to believe we're integrating into a burning house." - MLK Jr. ....

He was right then, and now ... I think we have to work both fronts, but put effort into the economics, and focus on local politics that matter (policing, electing for appointed judges, reparations - gotta keep pushing for something we are owed, but, my opinion, ... Well, you know, we have needed or own BLOC ) ...

But I agree, we need to focus on economics ... Asians and other races, they don't vote like we do, yet they have appear to have more clout to get things passed bc their economics is on point ...

Dr. Claude A says focus on economics, build that base, then you can buy the politicians...
    You will NEVER have a solid economic base without the political base to PROTECT IT! No group in this nation has EVER gotten wealth by developing an economic base FIRST, no! They had the POLITICAL BASE first to do POLICIES that led to them getting an economic stronghold.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We understand your critique and sentiment ( for some reason it resonates louder coming straight from an actual politician) .. Definitely can't wait for Superman, he may never come (that's why I'm an advocate for Black Achievement Fund. 2800 ppl contribute monthly, in Garveyite style. We can fund our own liberation) ...

Whatever we decide to do, we must play our part. Do something. We are at the point, doing nothing is .. a vote for stagnation. We gotta get there quick, time is ticking!

Do you have a blog? This is like, conversation that is necessary for a bigger audience ... Right on time
    I have no blog and honestly, I am getting bitterly sick of us, I am seriously getting fed up with us. All this talk about a crisis but no action to show we truly want to get out of it!