The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should Afro-Latinos & Africans Be Part Of Black American History??

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Only in the cases where our histories intersect like Juan Cavallo, Prince Whitten, or Pedro Alonzo Nino the man who truly “found” America. Outside of examples like that there seems to be too much of a focus on African history that it feels like our history gets overshadowed. So if a Mexican can provide a useful presentation on Cavallo then yes, if a Cuban can provide useful information on Whitten then yes. That’s about as far as I’d accept them being apart of our history.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The white controlled media has been slow walking Afro-Latinos & Africans into Black History Month. This is very concerning. Sound off in the comments. What is the solution to this problem? This seems to be a thing in New York.
    Absolutely not. They have a Latino month they should be apart of. This is just erasure of the Black American

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Absolutely. Eric Adams done slipped that in.
    The Afro Latinos are cool with it too because the Latino side don’t accept they Black ass. So they tryna get any shine they can get.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Facts. I remember some Dominicans darker than my black azz saying "I'm not black I'm latino' we clowned their azz same as island folks saying "I'm Trinidadian' instead of Black if they are asked if they are black.
    Try to marry one of the daughters of the Mexican president and we'll how Latin you are. LOL.
    • Mad Props
    Reactions: Jay
    Jay
    Jay
    Shoot try to marry Trujillo’s daughter and see what happens! You don’t have to go all the way to Mexico. Cats in they own country don’t rock with them.