The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should everyone start wearing their own body cams?

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Now that a lot of areas requires cops to wear body cams, it made me wonder if we should also wear a camera on us as well? I figure with how some cops can be sneaky, they could easily turn off a camera and do their worst as they are known to do sometimes.

But, what if we start to wear body cams as well, just as an added bit of protection? Having our phones is one thing, but we can always hid a hidden camera on us to better protect us from the lies cops may spew. I've been thinking of buying sunglasses that also work as a camera. I want to use it for vlogging, but I may use it to capture any wrongdoing cops may do if I'm in the area.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I don't think it's a bad idea if it's something you choose to do. I was just reading a story about a girls dad who was murdered due to police brutality and they tried everything they could to cover it up for 10 years until she got justice. If there was more body cam evidence it may have gone differently.

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I think it'd be a great idea, just in case you are worried about police and others causing problems with you. I have considered filming everything on my phone, but they can see that, so I figure a hidden camera would be ideal and would help a lot.

With the way things are today, I don't think we need to really record, everyone and their mothers have smartphones, so if anything is witnessed, there will probably be a recording at some point. We live in a society that is connected, and it's easy to open up Facebook and go live right there.

But glasses with a hidden camera would be fun to use I think.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
To live in a world where we feel it is necessary to wear cameras to protect ourselves is a problem. I get where you are coming from though.

I think at the very least, having personal cameras on your home and in your own property is a good idea. When you are out in a public space where things might become problematic, getting one of those neck-straps for your phone and keeping it on record might be a good idea.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have not started wearing a body cam, but I think this is something that everybody should consider. However, I do not think this should occur in a bathroom for obvious reasons.
    When they come out with these smart glasses everyone will have one by default.

D

Deleted member 405

Now that a lot of areas requires cops to wear body cams, it made me wonder if we should also wear a camera on us as well? I figure with how some cops can be sneaky, they could easily turn off a camera and do their worst as they are known to do sometimes.

But, what if we start to wear body cams as well, just as an added bit of protection? Having our phones is one thing, but we can always hid a hidden camera on us to better protect us from the lies cops may spew. I've been thinking of buying sunglasses that also work as a camera. I want to use it for vlogging, but I may use it to capture any wrongdoing cops may do if I'm in the aIth

But, what if we start to wear body cams as well, just as an added bit of protection? Having our phones is one thing, but we can always hid a hidden camera on us to better protect us from the lies cops may spew. I've been thinking of buying sunglasses that also work as a camera. I want to use it for vlogging, but I may use it to capture any wrongdoing cops may do if I'm in the area.
    Yes we should...recording glasses, spypens or whatever you're comfortable with....

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Absolutely, in today’s Surveillance State privacy issues are largely to be sorted out in court. The only areas that have any kind of Sacred Associations/designations are spaces like one’s Home, Bathroom, Dressing Room, etc. So as long as it is a personal comfort, both literally & metaphorically speaking, I see no problem.

We all know & “Move” as if we are being recorded anyway, so if I am in any parking lot and wearing a body cam recording anything I know as well as anyone near me that we are both being surveilled, usually by some Camera in the vicinity. . So I guess “at the end of the Day”, there might, by some slim chance, be a good argument for privacy as it relates to any audio(❓) accompanying such footage.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Most definitely! -EVERY black man in America should wear one and should become an integral part of his daily attire. Furthermore, if the technology exists, it should have an option to automatically send live footage to social media platforms or third party storage device for backup because race soldiers would seek to destroy footage as soon as they detect it. In fact, it should be a standard car insurance feature discreetly integrated in the car sending live feed to insurer repository, specifically designed with racial profiling in mind. They'd make a pretty premium and the cops would lose face attempting to discredit the authenticity of the recording. We're definitely at that stage now where the onus is on us to hold our assailants/government sponsored murderers accountable - by ALL means necessary!

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    That would be a great idea! Sounds like an invention that needs to be created haha
    Such sophisticated devices already exist and have done for sometime now -not exclusive to 007 😉😂
    Wasn't aware until I saw a disturbing movie themed on voyeurism using flippin innocuous light bulbs and micro ones in showers and other inconspicuous places!

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Some of them do turn it off whenever they want to do something stupid that's against the law. Seriously, if it's possible for us to wear our own body cams, it's something that I would support completely because it's going to give us our own evidence in case there's a need for it.

E

educatedman23

I think they have already come out with them, but they are waiting until the right time to release them. David Icke said in a video that they already have all this technology since it has been around for hundreds of years. They bought it from folks or killed/stole to get it. They release it slowly to make it look like folks are inventing this stuff. It is usually puppets they allow to "invent" this stuff as it is released to the public.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think they have already come out with them, but they are waiting until the right time to release them. David Icke said in a video that they already have all this technology since it has been around for hundreds of years. They bought it from folks or killed/stole to get it. They release it slowly to make it look like folks are inventing this stuff. It is usually puppets they allow to "invent" this stuff as it is released to the public.
    Well they already have the tech but you need it to be right. Anyone can stick a camera on some glasses we saw that with google glass. What you need is for the technology to be so refined and useful that people adopt it on their own. Like cell phones, we have trackers on us 24/7 but the utility of the device makes us self opt into the surveillance. The glasses haven’t got their yet.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I wrote and reviewed federal grants for body cams during the Obama Administration. One of the biggest flaws in the body camera option is that police have the option to turn it off when they want to, they still can lie about the events, and the data is rarely reviewed (randomly for auditing purposes or if requested via sunshine act requests), or something egregious happened and the police decided to come clean and look on their own, which is ALWAYS optional.

My personal thought is that all Black folks should have cameras they can start when interacting with police or any officials with authority for that matter. You CANNOT EVER rely on police cameras to capture interactions. Also, the release is at the discretion of the department and the city/county. I suggest you do a freedom of information act request and read the policies of body-worn cameras for all police in your area. Read it, analyze it, then look for the flaws. It's all public information. We never ask questions and never look for the okie doke. Policies were with loopholes, intentionally, and the first Black prezzy knew it! You can also request the info from any PD or sheriffs department in the nation that has received federal funding.

Past Federal Opportunities (Study how the money is awarded)
    Body-Worn Cameras (BWCs) | Archives

Find out who got money, then request the camera policies AND data storage and review policies. You'll be surprised at what you'll discover. Ya ain't heard it from me though.
    field_award_status_value=All&state=All&field_funding_type_value=All&fiscal_year=&combine_awards=camera&awardee=&city=#awards-awards-list-block-96p-ly-hjdt28vdn

To write a Sunshine Act (FOIA) request to any governmental entity, use this as a template...
    https://www.nfoic.org/sample-foia-request-letters/

We know not because we ask not/look not. Seek, and ye SHOLE shall find...

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Anytime things look iffy for whatever reason, I just start recording with my phone. The way the world is, you just can't trust people.
    Agreed. Thing is though, if big brother is everywhere now, being caught recording could also have ramifications. In the infrastructure bill there was money to install cameras all over major cities for just this reason, in addition to the NWO/ all knowing agenda. Things are going to get dicey soon.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The cameras are a great idea. I've also heard that someone had their lawyer on speed dial and made a call, everytime they were stopped. They made sure the cop speaks to the lawyer, to make sure they know the interaction was being audited. It would change the dynamics of the interaction, I'm sure. What used to be called prepaid legal, would be good for this

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The cameras are a great idea. I've also heard that someone had their lawyer on speed dial and made a call, everytime they were stopped. They made sure the cop speaks to the lawyer, to make sure they know the interaction was being audited. It would change the dynamics of the interaction, I'm sure. What used to be called prepaid legal, would be good for this
    My son has one in his car and he has it positioned on the passenger side to make certain if there is an interaction with police all is caught on camera. They have some really small cameras that really are good for such things. You can always go live using an alt social media acct in case things go wrong which is a timestamp in case things go bad. The key is to have the presence of mind to start the camera rolling at the very start of interactions.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Anytime things look iffy for whatever reason, I just start recording with my phone. The way the world is, you just can't trust people.
    I do that as well. My smartphone camera tab or icon is the first thing you see on my screen because I don't want to take too long getting it on immediately there's something weird to capture/record. If I can get a body cam that runs 24/7, I'd consider too.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I do that as well. My smartphone camera tab or icon is the first thing you see on my screen because I don't want to take too long getting it on immediately there's something weird to capture/record. If I can get a body cam that runs 24/7, I'd consider too.
    The problem with 24/7 anything concerning data is storage. One reason police have the liberty to turn their cameras off whenever is so that they can have private conversations with family and friends the public shouldn't be privy to, to go to the restroom, etc., things that shouldn't be made public via any FOIA requests. Secondly is data storage. People underestimate how much room, storage, and power is necessary to maintain anything running 24/7. It all sounds good in theory until you get into the weeds and then you see what you're proposing is not doable, it's costly and unsustainable.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm getting a dash cam. I think we should all invest in those. After my brother got his car messed up in a parking lot, I just don't want anyone coming near my car without being on cam. I have to figure out a way to keep it running while I am not in it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Agreed. Thing is though, if big brother is everywhere now, being caught recording could also have ramifications. In the infrastructure bill there was money to install cameras all over major cities for just this reason, in addition to the NWO/ all knowing agenda. Things are going to get dicey soon.
    I heard of people being arrested just for recording a crime. Like they had nothing to do with it but they recorded it happening and posted it on Twitter or TikTok and the cops straight went after them for it!

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I heard of people being arrested just for recording a crime. Like they had nothing to do with it but they recorded it happening and posted it on Twitter or TikTok and the cops straight went after them for it!
    That's crazy and what would they have as reason for arresting who does that? Does the law even support that or are these crazy cops acting as they feel like?

Well, I'm vert sure that's not going to keep some people from recording and publishing such. They would probably start uploading them with a proxy accounts.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's crazy and what would they have as reason for arresting who does that? Does the law even support that or are these crazy cops acting as they feel like?

Well, I'm vert sure that's not going to keep some people from recording and publishing such. They would probably start uploading them with a proxy accounts.
    The most recent case I could recall was the one where that group of white men attacked and killed that jogger. There was a man filming everything happening, not having anything to do with either side, and he was arrested. I don't know what came of it but if they are going to start pushing this kind of crap more, we are in trouble. The states will take full advantage of this!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I've been saying this for the last few years. I think its borderline insane, every black male doesn't have an audio/visual recording device in their car. Regular use of a body cam almost as important. The fact is, if there is no recording of a negative interaction with a non Black aggressor, their narrative is almost always the accepted narrative. Furthermore, even if you have a recording its still 50/50 the dominant society will believe you, but at least you have proof. Also, useful for a civil lawsuit.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I'm getting a dash cam. I think we should all invest in those. After my brother got his car messed up in a parking lot, I just don't want anyone coming near my car without being on cam. I have to figure out a way to keep it running while I am not in it.
    I saw an ad about that dash cam sometime ago and it looks like something that's going to be very good to have. I'm going to see how possible it's going to be for me to get it next week. It's going to come in handy capturing everything that happens both in my presences and when I'm parked.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw an ad about that dash cam sometime ago and it looks like something that's going to be very good to have. I'm going to see how possible it's going to be for me to get it next week. It's going to come in handy capturing everything that happens both in my presences and when I'm parked.
    You just can't trust people. I have heard of so many people dinging and hitting cars and just walking away. My mom had her passenger car door scratched by either a car door, a key, or a cart and couldn't do anything about it but pay out of pocket to get it repaired.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    You just can't trust people. I have heard of so many people dinging and hitting cars and just walking away. My mom had her passenger car door scratched by either a car door, a key, or a cart and couldn't do anything about it but pay out of pocket to get it repaired.
    A guy I was discussing in one video game forum yesterday told me about how his dog was almost killed by a hit and run driver. Everything was caught on his neighbour's camera. The driver speed off immediately without looking back.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    A guy I was discussing in one video game forum yesterday told me about how his dog was almost killed by a hit and run driver. Everything was caught on his neighbour's camera. The driver speed off immediately without looking back.
    It is insane how disrespectful people can be. Like I hear about bs like this all the time. Like these mf'ers are rolling around playing GTA or something.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Single mom sista with kids and the white neighbor was racist AF and kept yelling n bombs and such at the little kids, threatening her with a gun, etc, and the local cops didn't do shit. There are two things I notice in both these stories and other stories. No black man in the house. White racists are essentially cowards. Dylan Roof went to a church with old black folks because he was too shook to go to the hood. He said this. That's first, no black man around. Second, why the hell don't you secretly set up cameras and record him and take his motha effen house in a lawsuit and sue the city?

If I moved into a white neighborhood I am on alert from jump. I'm having cameras installed on all angles. I'll take that white neighbor's house in a lawsuit and move a black family in there.

What trips me on the second story is she has kids. Why the f*ck are you subjugating your kids to that shit without some sort of defense? Don't you have a brother, cousin that can use a free room?

and

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I mean, it can't hurt to have a camera on you when you're out there, because you never know when it comes to the police and others out there. Especially police these days, because it's so tough to trust them.

I think even saying "I have a camera on me, it's live streaming" will steer cops to act a certain way I bet, even if they have their own body cams. I think throwing that out there, will make most cops change their tune real fast. Especially if you are live streaming the whole thing.

Cameras are so tiny these days, we can probably put them everywhere.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    This guy should have.

He's in Rosewood, Florida infamous for racism and you don't expect the white folks here to be racist? Black folks as much as possible should be doing two things. Record the racial incidents and FILE LAWSUITS. Make practicing racism costly AF. It's not even about winning the lawsuit (if you can) but their names become part of the public record. You can track them job to job. You know why people scared AF to f*ck with Jews? They make sure your ass canceled. They got powerful organizations and are prominent in every institution. Unless you can make money on your own without relying on the public, a company as in a job, etc (trading stocks for example), they will dog your ass till you bow down, apologize and then still make sure if you get too big they bring it up again and again. Gays adopted that strategy as well. Keven Hart been apologizing for the same innocuous tweet over 10 years ago and when he wanted the Oscars they brought up again to deny him. Even though they ain't said shit from tons of movies and concerts prior, they waited till it was something he wanted badly to re-punish him.

We need to be ruthless AF. Make sure white folks think twice about effing with us. We can either turn up at your house (which I'm glad to see happening a few times) and/or file lawsuits. Too often we do this 'aww man, that's f*cked up' and let it go. Eff that. Make practicing bigotry a problem. I have written emails to company CEOs about sales reps, etc, who was on this I'm gonna ignore this black guy and pass him over for white folks stuff. Sometimes no response, but sometimes I get an email back saying they will look into it. If all of us do that, it has consequences for the person.

Anyway, as I've stated before. If you are a black person in America without a go daddy or car cam of any kind you are crazy AF. With the number of racist cops, Karens, etc videos we have seen, your black azz think you can go the rest of your life without your wake up call. When I'm home I rent a car, I have one with me. I prefer ones cops can't see. They eff with me, they play themselves.

I'd definitely wear a body cam if I gotta go to Costcos or Walmart in some white area.