The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should We Be Supporting The Big 3 Instead Of The NBA?

MoMoneyRiUp

Designing an Afrocentric lifestyle
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am curious about thoughts on this. Ice Cube built this platform to offer the masses a new way to engage in basketball while creating an opportunities for ballers. Why are we still watching the NBA and shouldn’t we be showing up for The Big 3 in huge numbers?

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am curious about thoughts on this. Ice Cube built this platform to offer the masses a new way to engage in basketball while creating an opportunities for ballers. Why are we still watching the NBA and shouldn’t we be showing up for The Big 3 in huge numbers?
Of course we should. The NBA let us know that we need to shut up and pick the cotton why would support that shit?

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's not a matter of instead of.
    We just shouldn't be supporting any organization that shows anti black sentiment. If entertainment is that important to you then your priorities are bad!
    Black empowerment should be your 1st, 2nd , and 3rd priority.
    I'm sick of people saying B1 but they can't stop watching NFL and NBA. They still have to get Nikes.
    Well then it's not black 1st. It's NBA first, and then black after that!

Just keep it a buck. Most black people out here cooning and saying they B1.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We just shouldn't be supporting any organization that shows anti black sentiment. If entertainment is that important to you then your priorities are bad!
    I'm sick of people saying B1 but they can't stop watching NFL and NBA. They still have to get Nikes.

Couldn’t have said it better.

E

educatedman23

Good question. This is further proof our folks don't want what we claim to.

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Couldn’t have said it better.
    I had a cousin that damn near disowned me because I said that we should boycott and not be watching the NFL after their response to and how they did Kap.

He went on a tangent about "I don't care about all that BLM, I'm a football guy. I'm ain't going to quit watching football."

I rarely even talk to him anymore. It's wild how much loyalty people have to a NBA or NFL team but no loyalty to the black community!

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I see shoes for less than $100 online that look good. People could buy those instead of Nikes.
    It's very rare that I buy name brand shoes. The only reason I do is for my kids. As for myself I don't really do name brand!
    Black people make these companies rich. Let's be real. If you didn't have on name brand shoes like Nike, Reebok back in high school you get drug through the mud.
    Even as an adult most chicks look at what kind of shoes a dude is wearing.

The black community buys these name brand shoes as a status symbol. In the white community that crap doesn't matter near as much.

If the black community were to quit buying name brand these companies would go bankrupt. Yet they still won't speak out when injustices happen to us.

If they are quiet and not saying anything then that says something!

E

educatedman23

You can see where Black people's interests are at.

MoMoneyRiUp

Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Fact remains that people enjoy watching basketball. I’m not interested, but I’d HOPE if you do enjoy watching basketball, you can support a league that supports your community.

MoMoneyRiUp

Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Big 3 plays during the NBA off season.

There shouldn't be an either or situation with them and the NBA.
    I don’t understand why you couldn’t not watch the NBA, but if you like basketball and would usually watch it, you can choose to not watch the NBA and to actually watch the Big 3.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Big 3 plays during the NBA off season.

There shouldn't be an either or situation with them and the NBA.
    There’s an either/or because the NBA is being extremely racist and we need to direct our dollars away from the institution.

Supabrett

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don’t understand why you couldn’t not watch the NBA, but if you like basketball and would usually watch it, you can choose to not watch the NBA and to actually watch the Big 3.
    I watch more big 3 than NBA already cuz I try to support Black Business with no need for cacs to piss me off.

ShowStopper

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's very rare that I buy name brand shoes. The only reason I do is for my kids. As for myself I don't really do name brand!
    Black people make these companies rich. Let's be real. If you didn't have on name brand shoes like Nike, Reebok back in high school you get drug through the mud.
    Even as an adult most chicks look at what kind of shoes a dude is wearing.

The black community buys these name brand shoes as a status symbol. In the white community that crap doesn't matter near as much.

If the black community were to quit buying name brand these companies would go bankrupt. Yet they still won't speak out when injustices happen to us.

If they are quiet and not saying anything then that says something!
    I don't know, because I don't hang around those types these days, so I can't relate.
    I look like a straight up unkempt guy, wear shoes that don't match, etc but the women I am around don't seem to care at all. The few that do, would likely be the very same that wouldn't when I wasn't like that.
    I got my money straight (enough, but I am aiming for more), and I'm in order, so I got little to complain about.
    I think that last statement is a bit untrue for most of the women. If they cared, then we wouldn't have OTHER problems right now.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    I don't know, because I don't hang around those types these days, so I can't relate.
    I look like a straight up unkempt guy, wear shoes that don't match, etc but the women I am around don't seem to care at all. The few that do, would likely be the very same that wouldn't when I wasn't like that.
    I got my money straight (enough, but I am aiming for more), and I'm in order, so I got little to complain about.
    I think that last statement is a bit untrue for most of the women. If they cared, then we wouldn't have OTHER problems right now.
    If you’re a good guy we will work with you. We will make it our duty to get you looking presentable. We may not always be successful but you’ll at least have shoes that match your outfit when we go to dinner.

sanaalathanlaugh

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe that should be the move. I will make a conscious effort to be intentional about supporting this sports league.
    We all need to. We need our own shit.
    I say yes! It’s can be the start of a league that can grow into 5v5 if scaled the right way
    It don’t have to either. If it stay 3v3 it’s all good and then we can move onto the 5v5 with another brand or extension if big3.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The NBA is a joke. Just like the NFL.

We have the No Blacks Allowed league - if you are a free-thinking black man and not just a puppet for entertainment purposes, you can gtfo.
    Then we have the No Fun League that ruined football years ago and constantly rigs the games.

I gave up on sports nearly 10 years ago and I don't miss it.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

We have the No Blacks Allowed league - if you are a free-thinking black man and not just a puppet for entertainment purposes, you can gtfo.
    Then we have the No Fun League that ruined football years ago and constantly rigs the games.

If it wasn't for our people playing in these leagues, THEY WOULDN'T EXIST!
    They need to stop being puppets aka slaves & put their phucking feet on these owners necks! They can't continue to prosper without us, so SHUT THEIR ASSES DOWN & MAKE YOUR DEMANDS!

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is really one of the turnkeys to the whole system (from a motivational point of view, imo) ... If George Floyd taught us anything, it's that sports, and the interruption of, has a huge impact.

Lebron got spanked when he spoke out then, .. He was the ringleader and I was so proud of him... He backed down recently ..

Kapernick ...

Look at how many ppl were up in arms abt Kyrie .. aside from topic, ppl had input just bc it was related to sports ...

... What can one do to make the Big3 more popular. The paradigms are starting to shift, it's cool to see ...

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If it wasn't for our people playing in these leagues, THEY WOULDN'T EXIST!
    They need to stop being puppets aka slaves & put their phucking feet on these owners necks! They can't continue to prosper without us, so SHUT THEIR ASSES DOWN & MAKE YOUR DEMANDS!
    Until they do something about it, nothing will change. For most players the money is too good to stand up for themselves. It is clear they are just being used to put on a show. The people who run and own the league look at them as property!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Until they do something about it, nothing will change. For most players the money is too good to stand up for themselves. It is clear they are just being used to put on a show. The people who run and own the league look at them as property!
    If the NBA & the NFL shut their asses down consecutively, these WS owners will have NO CHOICE. but to agree & abide by their demands, period!

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes!! Where do I sign up? Out here in SoCali, they have the Drew League. It is wildly successful. They need a new gym because the old one is way to small. Drew League
    I 🫶🏽 the Drew league! It attracts all level of players from grade school, high school, college to NBA.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'll be tuning in more for the The Big 3 instead of the NBA. Honestly haven't been feeling the NBA as of late anyway, especially with the corrupt BS they have been doing as of late, and their blatant racism.

Plus, The Big 3 will be airing on CBS, which is available in pretty every market in the US. I think we can get a decent amount of people to start to tune in.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

We need to go back to the basics are start our own sports leagues

Marlomanny

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tbh sports heads still want to see their favorite teams go at for chip that's the main reason why. Once I find out retired players/ HOF players are in the league I was questioning how large numbers aren't gravitate towards this, Gary Payton was a coach on one of his teams. Plus I said if Kyrie got the Colin Kaepernick treatment he should go to the big 3.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The players let the NBA dominate them. The kneeling thing was the first time I can remember that the players got together to make a political statement.

The NBA could have been a means to create 100s of black millionaires from the 70s forward. We could have used the NBA or the players could have to build generational wealth, use their fame to further black empowerment, etc.

The players used their money to floss, be baby daddy to multiple women and chase Becky. Lets keep it a buck. It was so bad tha the NBA needed a class for the rookies. It was for all players but it was for the black players. The white players were good. They grew up in middle class families and had the foundation of generational wealth.

There was a stat in the '90s that said most NBA players (the black ones really) were broke within 5 years of retirement. Not the white players. Same in the NFL. The players aren't going as broke these days because the salaries and the endorsements have gotten so big, its harder to go broke. Second, thankfully, there isn't that locker room flossing, clout chase where they are competing with each other to see who has the most expensive suit, biggest gold chain, biggest house and most exotic car.

Not as much, it happens but not nearly as much. As black empowerment grows the players will be pressed harder to take one side or another. They will try to stay in the middle but it won't be easy if it all once we get more numbers.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    We need to go back to the basics are start our own sports leagues
    A lot of these rich old white dudes rely on black players cause they know that is where all the talent is. If black players collectively decided to walk and run their own league, I bet you 85%+ of the fan base would follow. The NBA would become the white and boring league.