Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should We Recognize These Folks During Black History Month As Well?? Your Thoughts....

jus7hu3m4n

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
There is nothing to honour, they made the choice to "go along with it" in order to elevate their own position.

They have no consciousness or ideology that will be able to liberate others.

They are narcissists who have the audacity to be shocked when we see through their charade.

They have climbed over the sacrifices corpses of Our Collective Kin and declared themselves (mis)leadership.

They chose to be pets instead of Human beings
Fuck 'em

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
when it comes to history, I think it's important to highlight the good and bad. There are lessons to be learned from both.

J
jus7hu3m4n
Agreed, but the group pocturedaren't coming from a place of genuine concern nor from a historical understanding of why the state of Our Kin globally is the way that it is.

In essence, they serve as distraction that absolves the system of the daily indignities necessary to seem as if it's functioning.

What we can learn from them is that they have chosen the path of least resistance in the hopes of securing status, but all they have done is made themselves last for being discarded when they no longer serve a purpose.

I have no intention to come off as antagonistic, but my study of history has shown these folks are dangerous and us among the masses who suffer for their "making it"
Jay
Jay
jus7hu3m4n we can't learn from their actions if we pretend they don't exist. We need to analyze our history from a scientific perspective to understand how immediate self-preservation will inevitably lead many to turn on us as a group. That has to be known, understood, and expected so that we are not surprised or hurt. When it transpires you take out the trash according to the plan.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Their politics don't align with mine and I don't much care for the ones I know in that picture but if they have done anything to help black folks, I think it is fair to recognize it. I don't follow any of these people to know and from what I understand, they tend to care more about their own images than helping black folks.

ShermX69X

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Should coons be recognized as part of our History? Should we recognize and/or contextualize their damage/effect/contributions to our history or political debate?

View attachment 6909
    Nah GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Should coons be recognized as part of our History? Should we recognize and/or contextualize their damage/effect/contributions to our history or political debate?

View attachment 6909
    No offense, but this shouldn't even be up for discussion or debate. I recall white Republicans complaining Clarence Thomas wasn't in the African American museum. I responded on some youtube video about it "Why are white Republicans telling Black people who they should honor? That's not only arrogant but insulting"

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How can you learn from the past if you omit parts of it? We have to talk about the guy that snitched on Nat Turner, the Black people that worked for the FBI, the time that Farrakhan ran and told on Malcolm X, why there's a guy on the roof, and every other distasteful part. We've been making the same mistakes over and over again because we look at life like a big ass church. The pastor and the deacons are godly, the past can be washed away with a prayer and the future can be manifested with obedience. Neither are true.

Coons are a large part of our history and have hindered us every step of the way. We MUST talk about them but in the same way we talk about Slavery and Jim Crow.

josiah starr
    josiah starr
    I agree. We gotta talk about and confront treasonous coonery in our community. We need to magnify and/or mythologize our own Judas or Benedict Arnold figures so no one follows their poor examples.
    Jay
    Jay
    Yes and what we must learn from that is that sacred cows are dangerous because the Benedict Arnold's and Judas' had defenders who enabled them to do what they did. There were people who called out Bayard Rustin but people calling those some people haters and jealous. Then 40 years later we find out the negro was working with the CIA.
    josiah starr
    josiah starr
    I agree regarding sacred cows. BOTH supporters and detractors have to stop fixiating and obsessing over cult of personalities. That resolution goes both ways for the black community...
    Reactions: Jay

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

View attachment 6909
    The only two people in that tweet who have done anything worthy of acknowledgement are Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson.
    Ascending to the U.S. Supreme Court and being one of the top neurosurgeons in the world are undeniable achievements. I could see the case for those accomplishments (not Judge Thomas's or Dr. Carsons's political views) being footnotes during Black History Month.
    Allen West is a run of the mill former politician, and David Clarke was a small county sheriff. Larry Elder is a dime a dozen media personality, and Candice Owens is a foreign YouTuber. Nobody in that group has done anything historic.