Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should we stop going on social media?

D

Deleted member 1475

882D3F9F-74D3-47A6-B9CF-100B3CC165F1.png

Since I've moved to 6Zeros, I've felt less of a need to go on social media such as Twitter and Instagram. The only reason I access social media is for sharing tweets or liking pics on Instagram, there's not much of a point in it, it seems. I just don't see the point, we're gonna get banned off these platforms eventually and coming back for more is only going to make these white platforms bigger and more powerful. Why not support Black constructive, platforms like 6ZEROS instead? I don't know, that's just my opinion. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Since I've moved to 6Zeros, I've felt less of a need to go on social media such as Twitter and Instagram. The only reason I access social media is for sharing tweets or liking pics on Instagram, there's not much of a point in it, it seems. I just don't see the point, we're gonna get banned off these platforms eventually and coming back for more is only going to make these white platforms bigger and more powerful. Why not support Black constructive, platforms like 6ZEROS instead? I don't know, that's just my opinion. What do you think?
    We can be on multiple platforms but we definitely have to prioritize platforms such as this one. As this grows it will easily be the predominate site for me. I may hop on Reddit or Twitter a few times a week but 6ZEROS will be my bread and butter.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I still prefer forums to social media. I wish more people would consider using forums again, instead of social media… I feel like even discord is taking away traffic from forums these days… I’m just happy there’s still a large amount of people using forums to this day, hopefully more people will make the switch!

D

Deleted member 1475

It's going to be very difficult for most of us to stop using social media platforms especially those of us that are making use of it for business purposes and not for catching up. It's 90% for my business use and 10% every other things.
    That's true. I'm not completely against using social media still, but there may be other ways to promote your business on a B1 platform, obviously the reach will be different though. How you choose to promote your business is up to you, so long as that business is going towards our community's economy. I think that every B1 person will eventually get kicked off of these white owned platforms so🤷🏾

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I still prefer forums to social media. I wish more people would consider using forums again, instead of social media… I feel like even discord is taking away traffic from forums these days… I’m just happy there’s still a large amount of people using forums to this day, hopefully more people will make the switch!
    The great thing about forums is that you get to see what you want to see when you want to see it. On social media everything is controlled by the algorithm and so you’re stuck seeing what some robot wants you to see. I prefer forums too but I also like timelines so I’m happy this site has both.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The great thing about forums is that you get to see what you want to see when you want to see it. On social media everything is controlled by the algorithm and so you’re stuck seeing what some robot wants you to see. I prefer forums too but I also like timelines so I’m happy this site has both.
    That is what I like about forums as well. I get to control the experience I have. When you are on some of these other platforms, one look at something ends up making the algorithm bombard you with it. You have no direct input on what is shown to you or what is not. Anything owned by meta is horrible about this. Instagram has become unusable because of how little control you have over what you see.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, we are building a media empire, & For most It is difficult to see. At some moment in time, either intentionally or passively, we WILL reach a strategic “Point of No Return”. I engage in Twitter Spaces and since doing so my level of engagement across all platforms seems to be leveling out evenly. Ideally it will or should start to increase across the more “legitimate” Black platforms. Engagement on FB, TikTok, Instagram, DatChat, etc. is merely to check groups that I manage & responses to Ads, postings, etc. I think we all know & understand that more traffic & engagement on the growing Blk platforms is likely to attract advertisers, greater App development & all the trappings, “bells & whistles “, etc. that such aspects lends itself to via Social Media

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    That's true. I'm not completely against using social media still, but there may be other ways to promote your business on a B1 platform, obviously the reach will be different though. How you choose to promote your business is up to you, so long as that business is going towards our community's economy. I think that every B1 person will eventually get kicked off of these white owned platforms so🤷🏾
    Yeah, you're right about how those White's owned social media sites treat us. We gave them too much freedom and power because we have depended on their stuffs for a long time. We need some of our own to rival them very well.

Dukect

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's not going to be easy for us to stop using social media sites. Most people don't even fancy using forums lately, if the reverse was the case, it would have been very easy for us to quit social media platforms.
    These social media sites were meant to be addictive and honestly it's hard to really quit them and I still struggle with that everyday but I've learned to pace myself when it comes to social media