The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should you leave your spouse if they're not B1?

corneliusb

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I'm 34 (married at 25) and the screening process for choosing a wife, at the time, didn't include whether or not she saw herself as black first.

Now I'm starting to see the thin veneer of a happy union starting to erode and fade away.

It started with annoyances she would have with the media I would listen to. Exaggerated sighs and eye rolls. When pressed on what the problem was the answer was always "why is he talking to them like that?" or "I don't like his/their attitude."

It's not affecting the children (we have 2) so far, but I don't want it to get to the point where whatever her problem is influences them.

I don't know if divorce/separation would do more harm than good towards not to me but to the children....

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm 34 (married at 25) and the screening process for choosing a wife, at the time, didn't include whether or not she saw herself as black first.

Now I'm starting to see the thin veneer of a happy union starting to erode and fade away.

It started with annoyances she would have with the media I would listen to. Exaggerated sighs and eye rolls. When pressed on what the problem was the answer was always "why is he talking to them like that?" or "I don't like his/their attitude."

It's not affecting the children (we have 2) so far, but I don't want it to get to the point where whatever her problem is influences them.

I don't know if divorce/separation would do more harm than good towards not to me but to the children....
    It depends on if they are a coon IMO. She could easily be in agreement with Black empowerment but not like The Black Authority or any other personality.

What I would be concerned with is what environment are we creating for the kids. Are we raising the next Fred Hampton or the next Herschel Walker.

I feel that as long as the agenda is the same you can work through. If you B1 and she is D1 y’all will start clashing.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have an aunt who's a hardcore Christian but is married to a Muslim, they've been together over 35 years. The reason it's lasted for so long is out of shear respect for one another's beliefs, and respect for each other.
    What exactly is it she's having a problem with? The message or the messenger?

corneliusb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have an aunt who's a hardcore Christian but is married to a Muslim, they've been together over 35 years. The reason it's lasted for so long is out of shear respect for one another's beliefs, and respect for each other.
    What exactly is it she's having a problem with? The message or the messenger?
    She SAYS it's their "tone" and being "disrespectful" when asked but I didn't press pass that.

corneliusb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It depends on if they are a coon IMO. She could easily be in agreement with Black empowerment but not like The Black Authority or any other personality.

What I would be concerned with is what environment are we creating for the kids. Are we raising the next Fred Hampton or the next Herschel Walker.

I feel that as long as the agenda is the same you can work through. If you B1 and she is D1 y’all will start clashing.
    DEFINITELY not any Herschel Walkers in my household.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Blackqueen64

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't believe that you should leave your wife just because she does not have a B1 mindset at this time. Did you have a B1 mindset when you married her? If not, then give her time to learn and be patient with her. Show her what being B1 is in how you treat her by treating like the Black queen she is whether she knows that now or not.

Being B1 to me also means striving to build a strong Black family unit, which is the key to having a strong Black community. It is so important to the children's wellbeing to show them what Black love looks and feels like. If physical or mental violence is not involved, then I would advise you to stay together. However, it is your life and only you can make the final decision, just weight and analyze the consequence seriously.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't believe that you should leave your wife just because she does not have a B1 mindset at this time. Did you have a B1 mindset when you married her? If not, then give her time to learn and be patient with her. Show her what being B1 is in how you treat her by treating like the Black queen she is whether she knows that now or not.

Being B1 to me also means striving to build a strong Black family unit, which is the key to having a strong Black community. It is so important to the children's wellbeing to show them what Black love looks and feels like. If physical or mental violence is not involved, then I would advise you to stay together. However, it is your life and only you can make the final decision, just weight and analyze the consequence seriously.
    very good points.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    She SAYS it's their "tone" and being "disrespectful" when asked but I didn't press pass that
    Jason Black is a very acquired taste for those who like their medicine diluted.....someone actually called his show a few months back saying the same thing about their spouse. It wasn't you was it?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

I came in to say this but you beat me to It. Great post sis.
    Jason Black is a very acquired taste for those who like their medicine diluted.....someone actually called his show a few months back saying the same thing about their spouse. It wasn't you was it?
    Absolutely. He is very polarizing. He chewed me out once and I took 6 months off from listening.

corneliusb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

valid.
    thanks for this.

corneliusb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    nah. that wasn't me. i know who you're talking about tho. older guy

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Today is a very serious time in history.Asians are asian first.Whites are white first.Even africans are african first.Whats so wrong wit putting us first and nothing Else.Everyone else does it and they have everything we are trying to build right NOW.
    When we are B1 we are called militant.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Those are common, very common critiques about those guys, all of them, and I've heard them from some of the most solid individuals from all across the diaspora. It's not worth breaking up your marriage but if it bothers you so much communication is vital. Ask her how she feels, and have a detailed, mature conversation. You have to understand that everyone won't agree with everything you do, even if they are like minded.