Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

So I played the MW2 beta...

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't know if anyone else played it. It was free to everyone from Saturday until sometime today. I was playing it yesterday evening.

I think the game functions fine but I have some complaints.

The menu and general interface is overly complicated and there is TOO MUCH to shift through. They made it more complex than it had to be. The maps they allowed people to play on look really nice but they are so detailed that it is almost distracting. Allowing players to climb up and hang off different things makes for an unbalanced FFS in my opinion. Standard CoD is meant to be quick-paced and a run-and-gun style game.

I have not played a CoD game since Ghosts. I am not sure I will be buying this.

zBucks
    I didn't play the beta. I think I'm done with Call of Duty for now anyway. It hasn't changed enough to warrant a purchase from me every single year. At least not anymore.

And yeah, the menus are a mess these days, especially when they brought out Warzone and started to add each new release into one game, so you can select the past couple games if you want, at least that's how it was with the recent games.

There's too much going on, and I can get that being overwhelming, especially since you last played was Ghosts.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I didn't play the beta. I think I'm done with Call of Duty for now anyway. It hasn't changed enough to warrant a purchase from me every single year. At least not anymore.

And yeah, the menus are a mess these days, especially when they brought out Warzone and started to add each new release into one game, so you can select the past couple games if you want, at least that's how it was with the recent games.

There's too much going on, and I can get that being overwhelming, especially since you last played was Ghosts.
    Only just now seeing this reply, my bad!

Yeah, it is a lot to take in. Like there is no damn reason for all this. Like customizing your soldiers, screwing around with like 4 or 5 different screens to manage your guns... WTF were they thinking with this? It feels like a PC game not a console one.

zBucks
    Only just now seeing this reply, my bad!

Yeah, it is a lot to take in. Like there is no damn reason for all this. Like customizing your soldiers, screwing around with like 4 or 5 different screens to manage your guns... WTF were they thinking with this? It feels like a PC game not a console one.
    Yup, it's been like that since maybe the rebooted MW game. It think it started with WWII maybe, idk I forget, but the menus are annoying to deal with. Sometimes you get lost trying to navigate.

They make it so packed with menus that it can be overwhelming for sure. And I've noticed it slows the game down sometimes, at least when I played MW on Xbox One a while back.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yup, it's been like that since maybe the rebooted MW game. It think it started with WWII maybe, idk I forget, but the menus are annoying to deal with. Sometimes you get lost trying to navigate.

They make it so packed with menus that it can be overwhelming for sure. And I've noticed it slows the game down sometimes, at least when I played MW on Xbox One a while back.
    I really don't get why they changed it so much. The old menu worked. They keep making these changes and only some are for the better. Most of them just make the game more complicated to play. At least give us an option to use an easier menu.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The maps they allowed people to play on look really nice but they are so detailed that it is almost distracting. Allowing players to climb up and hang off different things makes for an unbalanced FFS in my opinion. Standard CoD is meant to be quick-paced and a run-and-gun style game.
    Did they actually take clamber from Halo?

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

That probably makes Bonnie Ross feel vindicated.